South African Domestic Cricket

CremerCurrans

ICC Chairman
SA.....
ZIM...
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
That was really good. have they been doing it for previous matches? I followed both of those matches on cricinfo, but it was great to see some of the coverage. :)

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I think that was the first one they did yea.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Pity this SA Domestic stuff, I've never seen a single FC match and only seen about 10 OD games televised. I think Supersport need to start broadcasting SA domestic cricket because IMO it is slowly dying out.

CremerCurrans

ICC Chairman
SA.....
ZIM...
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
This new rule doesn't make sense to me. Having two dark african players that are up to the level of first class cricket, is proving to be a challenge for some teams. Bodibe & Makhaphela have struggled, and I don't think Masekela would of been selected if it wasn't for the rule. It's completely changed the dynamics of the squads as well. I wonder how the Dolphins and Cobras will go.

Reactions: War

War

Chairman of Selectors
This new rule doesn't make sense to me. Having two dark african players that are up to the level of first class cricket, is proving to be a challenge for some teams. Bodibe & Makhaphela have struggled, and I don't think Masekela would of been selected if it wasn't for the rule. It's completely changed the dynamics of the squads as well. I wonder how the Dolphins and Cobras will go.

Yep, its been spoken about a bit on this forum - The Quota System - Cricket Discussion on PlanetCricket Forums. That quota stuff remains the dark image of S Africa cricket that still gets swepped under the carpet.

S Africa basically get away with it, because except for a few notable instances where picking a token black/coloured black player over a better performing white player has cost the team matches series i.e Ontong/Dippenaar incident 2001, playing Ntini passed his best circa 2010 home series vs ENG etc etc - SA generally are among the top 2/3 teams across all formats since readmission. This is so because they produce enough top quality white players, who by default tends to cover up for lack of performances of the token black/coloured player in the team.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Not surprised to see Kieswetter doing well in the South Africa T20 Comp. He really has become a class player in that anchor role.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
So not that people are too active here but its great to see Paterson doing well (that boy is South African quality) aswell as Delport (who should be in the T20 team) getting some runs. Too show how bad SA cricket is the Cobras have a player in their first XI week in and out that averages 7.5 in T20s before the tournament. I love quota!

Users who are viewing this thread