1st ODI - India v South Africa
Sawai Mansingh Stadium, Jaipur

Wed Feb 24
2nd ODI - India v South Africa
Green Park, Kanpur

Sat Feb 27
3rd ODI - India v South Africa
Sardar Patel Stadium, Motera, Ahmedabad

This tour looks good. Nice and short, should be a great contest. Whoever wins this can claim to be the worlds No. 1 side.

Last edited by a moderator:

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Good tour? Looks like a ████ tour. 5 Tests and 3 ODI's are needed.

Oh well. Saffas 2-0 and 3-0.

ajdude

International Coach
They could lose their tour match against TBC however, TBC have batsmen like N. Applicable and X. Tras, they go nicely.

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
On Indian pitches, 3 matches are enough. 5 are way too much coz here we don't see many green/bouncy tracks. All we got are flat tracks which aren't fun for too long OR the spinning tracks which many teams these days consider as under-prepared tracks :p

So, its better we have 3 matches max or else we can see either of the two happening
1) Batting averages swelling.
2) SA complaining about how unfair the pitch was coz they can't play spinners.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Saffers will not get green pitch this time and they have a bowling attack which Viru will love to send all around park in India only. Not that they have dangerous bowlers to threaten any side but still its Indian batsman.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
0-0 in Tests
2-1 in ODIs to South Africa

If the Saffers weren't in such a hurry to go home I'd be happier to see a 4 Test series with the ODIs postponed indefinitely.

P

pcfan123

1-0 India.

This ^

It will be the flattest pitch in the world (Sehwag 300 style) for the first match to ensure a draw. Then a rank turner so India can spin their way to victory to protect the number 1 spot.

Either way, no one will truly believe India is number one until they beat Aus and SA away.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
SA will most probably roll us in ODI's 2-1 (3-0 is not impossible). Unless our bowling and fielding becomes consistent, we will invariably fall short against big sides like SA and Australia.

The tests are going to be 1-1 or 1-0 in India's favor. India is a far better test side, and on Indian pitches we should continue to do really well. I would have loved one more test match but this is far better than "no test matches at all". This will just be a precursor to our tour to South Africa in late 2010-early 2011. That series will be the contest to stake claim of the world's best side. If SA win this series, they will be the number one while we still have the chance to reclaim it when we visit SA. It will be exciting to say the least! Hoping for good pitches:upray

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
They could lose their tour match against TBC however, TBC have batsmen like N. Applicable and X. Tras, they go nicely.

Shuddup :p

Yeah, the first game will definitely be played on a pretty flat track, and Kolkata should be a ████ pitch, and the game will finish in three days, or it'll be called off for being too dangerous.

Man, Eden Gardens used to be such a great ground :facepalm

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Eden pitch wont be that bad that a game is called off or its finished in three days. Infact I am not sure if the Eden pitch will be result oriented. Its not as dusty and turning as it used to be before.

I know you guys love Eden because of that classic match (even though you lost!). Eden's image was majorly boosted by that single test match.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
This ^

It will be the flattest pitch in the world (Sehwag 300 style) for the first match to ensure a draw. Then a rank turner so India can spin their way to victory to protect the number 1 spot.

Either way, no one will truly believe India is number one until they beat Aus and SA away.

I think people need to come to the fact that spinning tracks = seamy/bouncy/swinging pitches. The whole point of Test cricket is to overcome all types of conditions.

Don't see why India will get the blame if they produce a spinning pitch. The saffers should get a decent enough spinner to utilize the conditions (Paul Harris doesn't count :p)

Cricketman added 1 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

Anyways India are a dominant side at home, near invincible I might say. 1-0 for sure for the test series. Not so sure about ODIs though, but 2-1 India for me, winning the first two and losing the dead rubber.

Users who are viewing this thread