South Africa's tour of India - October/December 2015

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think Rahul should be given a chance in the next match. Anyway no one is scoring runs. Wouldn't hurt much to test him out.

PokerAce

Banned
Fair enough haven't seen enough of them to judge. Neither of them are playing here though. Wouldn't say ishant is fast.

Yes Ishant is definitely slower. On a good day can tough 140 kmph, but thats his peak. Even Umesh and Varun are not consistant with line and length yet, but purely on pace, they hit the 87-90 mph range consistently.

Aaron especially. I think his fastest was when he hit 150 kmph (93 mph). Thats fast however you look at it.

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
High time for Jadeja & Saha to show their batting skills, especially Jadeja considering his form in Ranji Trophy.

PokerAce

Banned
Jadeja's much talked about ranji form had much more to do with his bowling than batting, which in 8 innings saw him take 38 wickets at an average of 10.55.

However yes, Sir scoring runs would be welcome.

stefan

International Coach
Well deserved wicket from Rabada, think he has been excellent today but not had much luck. Vital wicket as well.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
They need to make the next pitch in favour of batsmen. Want to see some runs being scored like in Aus VS NZ match.

PokerAce

Banned
So 215 then, I think looking at the wicket, India have enough.

That last wicket, falling to a ball keeping low will worry the batsmen.

grkrama

National Board President
decent total considering the pitch have to see how SA go about it , the thing with this kind of total is a rapid one from faf or ABD can make the difference!

SA probably gave a 50 extra especially in that first hour were they were trying short stuff

PokerAce

Banned
The nightwatchman goes anyway, and India now have a shot at another wicket tonight. I was wondering if SA will send another nightwatchman, but they send Amla out there. If India get Amla tonight, that would be huge (needless to say).

stefan

International Coach
Got to question the wisdom sending tahir as night watchman. He is not good enough defensively to do that role.

Advantage India. As always key will be hash and abd.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Well, from a personal point of view, I think both teams selected the correct teams to play, at least the combination.

India's batting & SA bowling

I have been saying this for very long and I will at least say it once more that Dhawan is a proper liability. His penchant for 'swag' doesn't go with the test match theme and frankly, after seeing him bat outside the subcontinent for all of last year and before, I don't think he's competent enough to open the batting for India. His technique is clearly flawed and he's not 'Steve Waugh' to fight or guts it out. He's also not your 'Virender Sehwag' category that can't care less whether he's batting on Earth or Mars to simply see ball, hit ball. He's not the mentally most formidable chap and time has come to end this experiment.

As for the other batters? I think Murali Vijay looks more and more classy every time I see him. The one's dismissed by Morkel got proper pearls and would get out again if that was hurled at them. Pujara got out in a disappointing way, but he can't make runs every time. Overall, I thought the SA fast bowlers bowled outstandingly well and credit to them. That Rabada kid is really exciting and if Morkel can keep himself on the park I see he's at the peak of his powers. He will get buckets of wickets in the next 3-4 years.

Now, I don't know the background of Dane Vilas and whether he's having an off series but boy he's poor behind the wickets. I also haven't seen anything in his batting to suggest he's capable of playing ahead of de Kock. I know scores don't come in a series sometimes, but there was nothing substantial in the way he batted to warrant a place ahead of de Kock. Specially, considering his keeping is quite poor.

SA batting & India bowling

Watch out for Jadeja. He will run through the overs and the batting line up if he doesn't have a brain fade on this wicket. As I've said earlier, I dislike Ashwin a lot but for my money he's the best spinner in the world. His control of drift/spin/pace and even the amount of it is mind boggling. To go with it, I think he's settled his mind down with his variations and his accuracy also is reaching relentless levels. Top class. There is lot of talk about SA's batting and rightly so. I don't think half of them have the bottle to sustain relentless pressure from spin. I think Amla and de Villiers stand between India and a handsome lead. Other than that, it's going to be like watching an Indian team in the 90's in SA playing seam and swing.

Users who are viewing this thread