Story South Africa's tour of Sri Lanka

voldemort

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
So at the end of 32 overs Sri Lanka have put up 284 for the loss of 6 wickets. At the crease are Jayasuriya at 146 and Dharmasena at 2.

Progress of match: -
From where we left the second-wicket partnership lasted for only 39 runs when Attapatu left for the pavilion when he was 28.The coming few partnerships were not solid enough except the third and fourth partnerships. The third partnership was worth 50 when Sangakkara went for a shot and got caught when he was at 15. The fourth Partnership lasted for 43 runs till Jayawardne went for an lbw when he was at 24. The score 249/4. The next two batsman Chandana (13) and Dilshan (1) went quickly. The current partnership still goes on with Jayasuriya at 146 and Dharmasena at 2.

Statistics:-
Conditions: Hot and humid, Overcast, Medium chance of rain, Dry pitch
Score: 284/6
Overs: 32
Top Scorer: Jayasuriya (146*)
Top Bowler: Nel (3-95)
Bowlers used: 4
Req. Run rate: 2.16
Sri Lanka require 39 runs in 18 overs with 4 wickets in hand

voldemort

International Coach
After 38 overs of interesting cricket Sri Lanka have won by 2 wickets. Jayasuriya and Kaluwitharana were the top scorers.
Progress of match: -
From where we left the partnership of Jayasuriya and Dharmasena did not last long as Jayasuriya got caught when he was at 148. The sore 289/7. Then the next partnership did not last long as Muralitharan departed very soon when he was at 19. The score 318/8. Then Vaas came and along with Dharmasena made the required 5 runs to tie up the innings.

Statistics:-
Score: 324/8
Overs: 38.1
Top Scorer: Jayasuriya (148)
Top Bowler: Nel (3-95)
Bowlers used: 5
Sri Lanka win by 2and lead the four ODI series 2-0.
Man Of the Match: Jayasuriya

News Reporter: Next in sports Sri Lanka won the second ODI match at Colombo to take their lead to two wins after they won over South Africa for two wickets. The Sri Lankans who won the toss selected to field first. South Africa made 322 towards the end of their innings. Sri Lanka responded back by making the target in just 38 overs. Sanath Jayasuriya who made 148 in the match was named the man of the match. The next match is the only Test Match of the tour which is to take place at Galle. In football ?

P.S. I wont be able to finish the tour quickly as my school starts tommorow. But I will try to play when I get time.

Last edited:

gold639

International Coach
Your school starts tomorrow?But for you tomorrow's sunday,right?School on sunday?!?

voldemort

International Coach
Welcome to Galle for the Test Match between South Africa and Sri Lanka. It is a very hot and humid day with the sky hidden behind the clouds. Now onto the toss. Smith has won the toss and elected to bat first. The line ups for both the teams seems to be changed. For South Africa Kirsten, McKenzie and Adams have come onto the squad. And for Sri Lanka Arnols and Sangakkara have come in. It seems to be promising enough.

And gold here in Dubai Thursday and Frisay are holidays instead of Sat and Sunday. And since tofay is 1st i had a holiday. So school starts today.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
mann....
you gotta a good reason to stop the match in GALLE
you can say that due to the tsunami ,the match was abandoned.
didnt you see the galle stadia?

voldemort

International Coach
well yeah i could but since the match goes on well or should i just stop it? and stat a new one wheni get time? and for your information Zoraxdoom i study in NIMS group of school in New Indian Model School. so should i stop this thread for realism? and change the venue? but trouble is i already played a few overs and got two wickets.

fardin

PC Awards 2005 Most Improved Member
due to tusnami disaster this thread will be closed

voldemort

International Coach
m_vaughan please close this thread. i will stop it here

Users who are viewing this thread