Speed Issue

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Which version of sam's exe is it? Did you try the trick without sam's exe? If it doesn't work on the original exe, it won't with sams exe either.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
It's not worked on the original. This is ridiculously frustrating. I know how to work a computer but not really a clue how it does work and the technical side of things, so I'm useless when it comes to graphic cards and what not. Desperately need a fix for this.

Thanks for the help until now, anyway.

D

Dutch

I wonder if this is the problem: I play on a laptop with duo processors and changed from 2 to 1 cpu and back: no difference. Frustrating indeed.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Another thing, I open the Configure Cricket 2004 application and change it to 'recommended settings' before applying these settings. Next time I open it it hasn't changed.

:mad:

P

pcfan123

sony_playstation_3_60gb_game_console__brand_new.jpg

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
As much as I am amused by many of your posts, this is something that I actually want fixing and I find that post to be a waste of space.

You know I have a PS3, you also know that Cricket 2004 is obviously not on PS3, so I don't understand why you have posted a picture of it.

This game is the best cricket game available, and I want a solution for it to run properly on my laptop. If you do not have a suggestion of how I may solve the problem then please do not post in this thread.

I may sound a bit formal and not to my usual posting tone, but there is a time and place for joking/spamming and for me this thread is not the place.

P

pcfan123

Ok so I guess Ill try to defend my picture.

The reason I posted the picture of a playstation:

IC10 is just around the corner
Cricket 04 is so horribly out of date
No online on Cricket 04

Anyways, if my small joke offended you so much, then I am sorry that you are on your period again

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
IC10 = updated version of AC09. Cricket 2004 = Best cricket game available (in my opinion).

Plus it is easily patchable and I want to use it for my story.

Anyway, back to solutions. In desperate need for some genius to help me out :p

P

pcfan123

My noob advice would be to completely uninstall and reinstall a few times. That usually works for me. That or you need to update/re install the drivers for your graphics card.

D

Dutch

Another thing, I open the Configure Cricket 2004 application and change it to 'recommended settings' before applying these settings. Next time I open it it hasn't changed.

:mad:

Ah ha! Now we might be getting somewhere. You must open the exe as an administrator otherwise Windows doesnt allow the program to write to the disk. Right click and click "run as administrator". That might help the speeding too....let me know how you get on....

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Well the settings changed and stayed, but still no change with the speed, even if I run the game as administrator :(

D

Dutch

Well the settings changed and stayed, but still no change with the speed, even if I run the game as administrator :(

Did you try the 1 cpu thing??? Did you manage to figure that one out? What I am reading that is probably the cause......ah wait, came across something: you can right click on the exe and set the priority mode so that it runs in an XP environment etcetera...that might help.....

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
The CPU 1 isn't working. Changed compatability to XP but it still has no effect. Very frustrating.

D

Dutch

The CPU 1 isn't working. Changed compatability to XP but it still has no effect. Very frustrating.

There are some programs you can download that are supposed to fix this kind of thing but I have no experience of using them. A real bummer that it isn't working. And you have no problems with other games on that computer? And you are logged in as Adminsitrator rights?

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I am the only user on here, and if I can 'run as administrator' then I guess I have administrative rights.

No problems with FM09, FM10, Cricket 2005, Cricket Coach 2009 or ICC 2009. They are the only games on this laptop.

I'm sure those programs to slow games down work, but I also have no idea how to use them.

Users who are viewing this thread