Spot on claims describing PCPL

tassietiger

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
tassietiger, in an effort to save time on writing a good intro to a 'news article', said this:

"I have been away the past few days. In my absence, efforts have been made to post the Sydney McStallions lineup by Dean, the man who created the team. These attempts were rejected due to my absence. In real cricket, if the captain disappeared, the game would still go on. But that is beside the point, as this does not resemble real cricket or any sort of competition which reflects the human need to have a life at all."

"I do not feel the need to explain why I have been away. I don't expect sympathy for being away, whether or not the situation surrounding my absence deserves it. Don't question me about it as I will not answer."

"In the whole scheme of things, who really cares about PCPL. And this isn't PCPL-specific, it goes for any cricsim competition in general. It is a random game where equal skills are given to all of our names. Some games I can understand people taking seriously, and even betting on. They require skill and effort and so on. But this is not one of them. There is nothing that can make one team better than the other, except another arbitrary system called vCash which is as meaningful as stickytaping a hole in a submarine."

"I attempted to make this competition interesting. The comparisons to the Invincibles, and the mentions of a dynasty starting were a deliberate attempt, as I outlined to Dean using the PM pre-season to make us the team to hate. You need the team to hate, or else the competition is not interesting. We have set about doing this, and thus, I don't feel it is a major exaggeration to say that most of the PCPL success is due to the Sydney McStallions' self-promotion and ability to appear confident."

"Despite this, the PCPL rules, despite repeated arguments that it should be changed as it is a stupid rule, state that the team captain must post the team. I am not going to be around for every game. In fact, I harbour no intentions of posting any more PCPL team lists for the season. Accept Dean's or give us your reverse line-up crap."

"Would my life be worse without PCPL? Thinking about it, no. Resembles the IPL actually, which was probably the most embarrassing tournament ever in cricket. Has any tournament ever been less interesting? Getting off topic there, though. Would the PCPL be worse off without me? Absolutely. Whether you like it or not, the Sydney McStallions have made this competition interesting, and the rest of the teams have actually resembled the IPL in the fact that they have been interesting as counting the number of strands of grass in a paddock."

"Look through the Sydney McStallions thread. Monty Python-standard comedy. Brad's tendency to have suggestions which would advantage his average, the rest of our team's arrogance, all of it is classic stuff. Look through any other team's thread. 'woot go us :hpraise:clap:onpc:help:happy' By the way, if you use more than one smiley at the end of your post, from now on, I am not reading your post. I do not like you. But these threads aren't at all entertaining, and they resemble a real cricket team, supporting their fellow teammates and hoping to better themselves the next round. That is not interesting."

"I know that this whinge has alternating between a war on the PCPL and a war on the PCPL's rules, but these are two things I felt like saying all at once when I saw that the men in control had not budged on their rules. So I've decided to issue an ultimatum/blackmail/something that is bad."

1. Do not lock/close/do anything to this thread. It is the best opening post which has been posted since the conception of the PCPL, regardless of what you think of it.
2. Accept the fact that the 'captains-only' rule is about as intelligent as treading on a raging bull's toe and change it. Make it captains and owners at least, and if neither of them post it and someone else does, show a bit of leniency. Being tough on rules in a random chance internet competition does not make you a man. Weigh up life.

If either of these demands are not fulfilled, I will leave the competition. I would say there is also a better than 50:50 chance that I will also leave Planet Cricket. I signed up for the Cricket 2004 downloads, and now have no interest in any of those patches. There is nothing keeping me here.

pal

International Coach
There is no 'captains-only' rule. It existed for the first match. They changed it after the second match to include vice-captains and after the third match to include owners. It's been that way for quite a while now.

tassietiger

International Cricketer
There is no 'captains-only' rule. It existed for the first match. They changed it after the second match to include vice-captains and after the third match to include owners. It's been that way for quite a while now.
There is no leniency though. If they all have sick relatives, then there is no way a team can get in, regardless of whether some other player in the team takes the initiative and posts one. It is an internet competition which doesn't need to have demands, but chooses to do so because the people running it seem to get a kick out of being able to be unreasonably harsh on people.

tassietiger added 20 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

Sorry, change of plan. I realised I'm pretty over PC anyway. You don't have to obey those demands any more, do what you like to this thread. I reckon you should listen to them anyway, though. I'm leaving the site.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
I'm not going to apologise for the changes in rules as i've said many a time before the season and during that Season 1 is merely a "test," and things wouldnt be perfect.

Season Two is where more money will be available and overall plainer sailing over the month.

tassietiger

International Cricketer
Now I've calmed down a bit, I still stand by the stuff I said, but probably a tad less viciously. I'll still leave PC, because it's becoming a chore to get on here so often and I really can't see myself going a week without being away for a couple of days straight - something which is harshly penalised on this game.

tassietiger added 1 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

You're leaving PCPL over an internet game?

Hmm.
I'm not leaving over an internet game. I'm leaving because I don't really feel like checking this site any more, and the only reason I have been checking lately is due to the fact the PCPL forces me to be on once every couple of days. I would've left anyway.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
The reason my team wasn't accepted is because it was 20 minutes late, not because I'm not allowed. On the contrary, I didn't post it because I had no idea the rule had been changed.

Anyway tassie, don't leave, you're one of the few greats still around!

Users who are viewing this thread