27th April: 4th ODI at Harare
29th April: 5th ODI at Harare
1st May: 3 day game against Zimbabwe A at Harare
6th May: 1st Test at Harare
14th May: 2nd Test at Bulawayo

C

chiraz

sri lanka to win everything....

especially now zimbabwe have sacked ALL of their white players....

i expect the icc to take some action soon

P

pal

chiraz do you mean to say that white players are needed for victory.....

J

jeromedascorp

Its not a question of whether the players are white or black. How many players will be able to perform that well in their first 5 matches? But it is true. The white players are better.

P

pal

Originally posted by jeromedascorp@Apr 11 2004, 08:34 PM
Its not a question of whether the players are white or black. How many players will be able to perform that well in their first 5 matches? But it is true. The white players are better.
Yes, that's why Sachin is the worst player in the world..... :D :D

Zimbabwe has awesome white players like Heath Streak, A. Blignaut, and S. Ervine... Heath will definitely make it into my XI...

I am sure black players will arise in Zimbabwe, because only in the last decade or so black players have become common in Zimbabwean cricket since Mugabe's regime. I condemn the ways of his regime but still..... before that the white man controlled everything there like SA.....

J

jeromedascorp

Originally posted by pal@Apr 11 2004, 10:13 AM
Yes, that's why Sachin is the worst player in the world.....? :D? :D
Sachin is from india, a country that is cricket crazy. Although they do have other sports in India, cricket has always been number one. And im pretty sure that not too many ppl in zim practices for hours like Sachin does. And he's been playing from the time he cud start walking!! Thats why hes so good. A lifetime of training is wat got him here.

And it was Zimbabwe's white players, not white players in general.

P

pal

ok, brother......

Fly like a butterfly and sting like a bee - Muhammed Ali

P

pal

Zimbabwe has young budding talents like T Panyangara - best bowling figures in the recent U-19 tournament (6-31).

People like him have just started to arrive in the past few years......

C

chiraz

i wasn`t being racist i was stating FACT(look on cricinfo)

the ZCU has banned ALL of their white platers....so that DOES suggest racism of some sort by someone doesn`t it???

ANY racial discrimination is abhorrent pal...please choose your words careully

P

pal

Chiraz, you were absolutely right buddy... My fault that I was ignorant of that information......

But this is the point I am trying to talk about....

I am ashamed with the ZCU, it is an abomination that white players can't take the field.......I am a Gandhist who believes in non-violence and hopes everyone can get along with each other..... but.....

-In 1930 a land act was passed which excluded Africans from ownership of the best farming land further enhancing white supremacy. The labour law, carried in 1934, prohibited the Africans from entering skilled trades and professions.
- As a consequence of these actions, Africans were forced to work for subsistence wages on white farms, mines and factories.

Did someone say "backlash"?
What goes around as to come around.....

C

chiraz

yes...the land act was wrong then......but thisd is wrong now :(

My old cluib pro dirk viljoen (who has played odi and test cricket) comes from a farming family...they have lost their land and it now isn`t getting farmed at all!!!

Zim is in crisis!!! there is a strong possibility of famine there.If Zim was an oil producing country us ( The UK ) and the americans would have removed Mugabe many years ago.

It is good thou to see a reasoned debate here rather than a "we are better than you and you suck" kind of one thou...so well done pal for expressing your opinion

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Sri Lanka won the first ODI. The most notable thing about the match was when Taibu became the first wicket-keeper to bowl in a ODI.

Result

Zimbabwe: 211/6 (Taibu 96 not out)
Sri Lanka: 144/4 (Sangakkara 73 not out)

Sri Lanka win by 12 runs (D/L method)

Man of the match: Taibu

I

imported_Rollo

Taibu showing why he was selected captain in that match. Just 4 away from a century.

Users who are viewing this thread