England tour of the West Indies

england has a great team rt. now and i think they can even beat the aussies.dont know bout icc ranking but for me these r the top 3 teams
1.australia
2.india
3.pakistan

R

ricky123

Originally posted by andrew_nixon79@Apr 18 2004, 12:12 AM
Be serious a second........ how can a team that just lost two tests by an innings be number 3?
:D i dont think pakistan deserves that place right now ,but england and india are sure to beat australia ,in test

but australia is the super power in onedayers ,india is coming close .
newzealand has a chance but only if bond comes back ,

f0bstyle

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
i guess england didnt get the memo to wear their new kits. Sported the old blue ones today

brilliant over by Colleymore (29th over) really set the stage for England. Read smacked him around as Colleymore gave up 18 in the over.

Chanderpaul had quite the fightback going from 10 from 52 to 84 from 96.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Originally posted by f0bstyle@Apr 18 2004, 11:03 PM
i guess england didnt get the memo to wear their new kits.? Sported the old blue ones today
They're not wearing their new kits until the Nat West series.

brilliant over by Colleymore (29th over)

I though it was a pretty poor over by Collymore.

-$ohail-

Club Cricketer
India have beaten england in all the occassions in the past 2 years (in Odi
3-3 draw in india
Natwest series win
Champions trophy quaterfinals
World cup match

In tests
India won 1-0 in India
It was 1-1 in england

How come does england have a better rating than India in both tests and ODI`s even If they have not won either a ODI series of Test series Vs India

England are improving but still India are far better
The advantage for India is their batting
They score runs in all situations and in all countries

Many experts in the world believe that the only team better than India at present is Australia and it is quite true
These experts include DEan jones , Ian chappel,Robin Jackman, Ian healy and others who are non-Indians
Ian healy even went to the extent of saying that there is not chance of Australia bowling this Indian team out twice in India bcoz they could not do it in Australia

I do not believe in these ratings
The most funny thing is that all the ratings except the ICC ratings rate India the second best :thumbs: :clap:

G

gregs

Well done England :cheer: they bowled well and were rescued by the explosive Read. He did the same against Hampshie last season. I think England will win the series 5-2.

T

tosh1981

i think the best teams today are:

ODI's

1) Australia

2) New Zealand
3) India

Tests

1) Australia
2) India

3) NZ/SA/Eng/Pak

the gap between the numbers indicate the extent of the difference between the two teams...

bharat

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India

ODI's

1) Australia
2) New Zealand
3) India

Ha!Ha!Ha! :lol: :lol:
Nice joke.New Zealand better than India.
They have been loosing badly to India since the world cup till the TVS cup.
If they were better they must have played the finals with Australia in the world cup and the TVS Cup.
India has also become batter,confidant and powerful after the Pakistan tour.

1. Australia
1.5 India
2-10 rest of the teams.

ICC ratings are crazy. :wacko:
England will be crushed if they play against England.England beating Australia is another Joke.

T

tosh1981

Ha!Ha!Ha!??

well, if u look at it a little more clearly, u will see why i place NZ higher than india in ODI's...

first of all - NZ are the one team that consistently match australia blow for blow in ODI's
lately, india, SA, pak and even sri lanka (their one-time bogey team - are getting hammered consistently by the aussies)

lets look at the relative performances of NZ and Ind

u say that NZ should have contested the TVS cup final vs australia, rather than india...
well, bear in mind that the series was played at home for us, and if we hadnt made the final in a home triangular series, it would have been a horrible performance by us...
also, despite being at home, we split the two ODI's vs NZ during the series - which is a good effort on the part of NZ...

after that, NZ has gone on to absolutely thrash BOTH pakistan AND SA (neither are minnows in the ODI arena) by scores of 4-1 or 5-1 (i think) in home series vs them...
something we can only dream off...

so to recap...

-NZ matched india in india, while thrashing india in new zealand
-NZ has consistently given australia a fight (they cost the waughs their ODI careers, for crying out loud!)
-NZ has thrashed both pakistan and south africa recently

hence, i am of the opinion that NZ is 2nd only to australia in teh ODI arena

QED!!!

S

siddyjain

Originally posted by bharat_88@Apr 20 2004, 02:15 PM

ODI's

1) Australia
2) New Zealand
3) India

Ha!Ha!Ha! :lol: :lol:
They have been loosing badly to India since the world cup till the TVS cup.
If they were better they must have played the finals with Australia in the world cup and the TVS Cup.
India has also become batter,confidant and powerful after the Pakistan tour.

1. Australia
1.5 India
2-10 rest of the teams.

ICC ratings are crazy. :wacko:
England will be crushed if they play against England.England beating Australia is another Joke.
i was a bit confused whether i was in da england tour of west indies thread or the SAY-ur-own-ratings threAD

Users who are viewing this thread