Star TV now owns right for Indian Cricket

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
This is something awesome BCCI have finally done :clap Bloody so rich and spend money on a tweaking sports channel Neo Cricket?

All matches in HD will be awesome now and Star has this brilliant coverage even in SD

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
A great decision. I'll be watching all of India's matches in HD at least for the next 6 years. :D

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Great news... The quality of telecast on Star Cricket has been far superior. Hope the ads issue is now finally sorted out.

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
Does everything about the BCCI / Indian cricket require a thread?

Well if you dont like it just dont post :)

I am more excited as Star owns the mobile rights too. Also Star TV has the rights not ESPNSTAR so dont confuse yourself as I was. Star TV will now talk to ESPN STAR if they could telecast the matches

Here is what they said

Star TV does not have an exclusive sports channel. Where will Star telecast the matches?

The decision is that we will exploit [the rights] or we will broadcast in collaboration with ESPN STAR Sports* [ESS].

Mike23

Associate Cricketer
Well if you dont like it just dont post :)
Haha lol! I dont mean to be rude it's just there are so many pointless threads created and this is one of them, this can be discussed in the General Cricket section.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Does everything about the BCCI / Indian cricket require a thread?

It is big news in India at least. And so would it be in England and Australia if the TV rights were bagged by say one of your C4's,BBC's or even C9.

But one can now be assured of great quality cricket broadcast to the world with good commentators.

I am more excited as Star owns the mobile rights too. Also Star TV has the rights not ESPNSTAR so dont confuse yourself as I was. Star TV will now talk to ESPN STAR if they could telecast the matches

A lot of people have gotten it wrong. However, ESS will telecast all the matches. The channels are owned by Rupert Murdoch and it was a group decision to bid for the rights. At least that is what the MD of ESS said. Another sports channel maybe launched to cater to cricket in case there is an overlap with other sports/cricket matches.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Haha lol! I dont mean to be rude it's just there are so many pointless threads created and this is one of them, this can be discussed in the General Cricket section.
If you think a thread needs to be removed, report it, don't post about it.

It's fine to keep discussing here - there have been threads in the past about when Sky got the rights to UK cricket, and I'd imagine there will be discussion of the upcoming Australian rights deal. All of which are fine to have their own threads.

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
I heard there will be a new Sports Channel called Six (6) and star TV is launching it so may be that can show the matches, whatever it may be the quality wont be sacrificed and we will finally 6 full deliveries :p

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Rohit,you are grossly mistaken.

SIX was the channel that SONY[ MSM Media] had intended to launch had they won the rights to Indian cricket. However, without any other marquee sports porperty other than the IPL in their kitty, it will be difficult for MSM to justify their balance-sheets.

Star has not ruled out the possibility of launching another channel. However, that would be done, if the demand for matches is too high. Else,they can very well show a few matches of sister channels like Star TV / Star World/ Star Utsav for a day or two.

Users who are viewing this thread