Steve Davis: Legend and the Best of all time + other snooker chat!

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
John Higgins I think it was, who is one of the biggest snooker stars around. Alledgedly he was paid to fix matches, which I find hard to believe, but if it is true then he should be banned from snooker forever. At the moment he is suspended because of the claims.

Steve Davis does actually play pool, and is very good. he does those pool trickshot shows.

As for the final, I'd like to see Robertson win it. He's a very talented player and it would be nice to see a change from the usual UK winners. Might increase the popularity of snooker in Australia as well.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
John Higgins I think it was, who is one of the biggest snooker stars around. Alledgedly he was paid to fix matches, which I find hard to believe, but if it is true then he should be banned from snooker forever. At the moment he is suspended because of the claims.

Steve Davis does actually play pool, and is very good. he does those pool trickshot shows.

As for the final, I'd like to see Robertson win it. He's a very talented player and it would be nice to see a change from the usual UK winners. Might increase the popularity of snooker in Australia as well.

I still can't believe it of Higgins, but as you said, if he did do it, he should get the boot.

Anyway, I thought I'd post this - it's really funny especially if you've never seen it before!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dutch

Murray is an absolute legend! Brilliant! I would love to hear him comentate instead of Ken "Tirty Tree" Doherty!

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Murray is indeed a legend. Easily the greatest sports commentator ever, I would say. I'd love to see him have a go at all different kinds of sports. I would particularly like to see him back commentating on the F1. Jonathan Legard just doesn't cut it for me.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Hey Oz, if you are talking about jeanette Lee aka the black Widow , then she plays pool and not snooker

jeanette-lee-skins.jpg

Also I read yesterday about some massive bribe scandal in the snooker world, any news on that?

Yeah that's the one. Struts around the table like she's god's gift.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Watch the game take off now in Australia. It'll be similar to when Chinese players started appearing.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Chinese or Philippines? Some of Philippine players are great in 9 ball.

India has produced some very good Snooker players and its quite popular in here. Youth though will always prefer a quick game of 9 ball or 8 ball over snooker.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Not been keeping up with this game. Will check this guy.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
This is compulsory viewing:

It's part one of Steve Davis v Dennis Taylor 1985: The Rematch! These two are absolutely hilarious! :laugh

Look at the way Steve sends up his overly serious expression, that he used to have in the 80s, as he comes out wearing..... well, I won't spoil it. :laugh From nowhere, he's developed some genuine comic timing and you'd never have thought that in the 80s, not in a million years! Dennis Taylor's a laugh as well - but he's always been a funny guy. As they said in that documentary, if he hadn't been a snooker player, he'd have made a great comedian! Watch all five parts, it's worth it!! Unless you managed to catch it on the Red Button - I managed to miss it, somehow.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
I had no idea who these people were before this thread opened, but it's all interesting.

Here's the classic for you MB. 25 years ago:

D

Dutch

I had no idea who these people were before this thread opened, but it's all interesting.

Here's the classic for you MB. 25 years ago:

Nice one. Snooker is such an intense sport. I know it looks all fuddy-duddy and boring but with all those people watching and what is at stake it is mind boggling those guys can still hold their cue!

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
It wasn't really the black that lost Steve the final - it was the green that he should've played with the rest, but decided not to, missing it as a consequence (no, my memory's not that good - I saw it in the documentary). :)

Anyway, have you tried playing that black? It's a very tricky little shot. :)

@Cap'n: Steve was called 'Steve 'Interesting' Davis' by Spitting Image back in the Eighties, because he had such a lack of personality in those days! I have no idea where his new comic skills have come from!

Users who are viewing this thread