Stickying Cricket 07 Download Threads

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Is it possible for Admins to start stickying some members download threads?

I think those who are releasing quality work deserve to have their threads stickied so they aren't lost in the numerous pages over a day or two.

People like Ahad and send2yaari to name a few have recently produced great stuff and if it were stickied it'd be easier to find for new people.

Just a suggestion, thanks for your time admin.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
It does slightly,

anyways, bad idea, just subscribe to the thread, so you can easily locate it.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
It's not a bad idea. It's just hard to judge which threads are worthy of being stuck and how long for. We could certainly put a poll up and stick the top two or three though. I'll sort it if you want to make the poll.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
It's not a bad idea. It's just hard to judge which threads are worthy of being stuck and how long for. We could certainly put a poll up and stick the top two or three though. I'll sort it if you want to make the poll.

Always disagreeing with me, Colin. When will you ever just get over the fact that you wanna hate me :p

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I was about to post that anyway before you made your post.
Anyway why do you think I care about you enough to hate you? ;)

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
We had Download of the month competition, due to lack of interest it lasted just for 2 months. (BM and ursonly_11 won respectively)

Since the c07 download forum is active very much this days, it's not a bad idea to bring DOTM! back :cool:

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
I just thought since it's so packed full of junk downloads it might separate the good from the bad.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Well it all works well in theory, but when it comes down to picking the best downloads, it isn't ever possible because everyone is so scared of offending people and no one can take constructive and/or negative criticism.

Like the 'Essential Download Guide' slowly linking to more and more things, making the point of it lessened, though it does serve much of the purpose that sticking threads there would do.

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
What would you prefer though? Saving peoples feelings or building a better and stronger forum? Most of the downloads aren't really up to standard and have errors. So much to the point that I don't really bother to look in many people's threads other than updating my own or a few select people I know who actually produce quality work.

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
Well it all works well in theory, but when it comes down to picking the best downloads, it isn't ever possible because everyone is so scared of offending people and no one can take constructive and/or negative criticism.

Like the 'Essential Download Guide' slowly linking to more and more things, making the point of it lessened, though it does serve much of the purpose that sticking threads there would do.

Bring back DOTM :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread