Not open for further replies.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Hey Mods,
I saw there were some works of cricket 2007 being published in Stickies.
There were some threads like
"1) Face Editing Information. by Dude64"
"2) Cricket 07 Mod Manager- The CMF Mods Installer! The new Mod era! *v2 Previews out!"
"3) Black Magic's Download Thread"

Whats the reason of these threads being kept in sticky??
Face editing Info can be transferred to the non sticky section as many people wrote tuts on that.
CMF Mod Installer can even be transferred to non sticky section as many editors like Player Editor, Tournament Editor are being discussed in non sticky section.
And, BM's download thread must be put up in NON STICKY but for the sake of people, some mod locked it and transferred to sticky.
I think it even should be transferred to non sticky Section but it should be locked as spaming takes place in that thread..!!
And, I even notice that the threads in which the people don't post for TWO Months (By thread starters) are being deleted..!!(My first thread was deleted due to that).
and BM, he din't post in that thread for few months, its been now Sticky.

seeing all this survey made by me, I think its sounding some type of CORRUPTION which is taking place in cricket 07 download thread..!!
(Strictly speaking, much of these are taking place after the moderation changed..!!)

I request the Global Mods and Administrators to see that proper action will be taken against them..
Yours,
Binnu.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
And, I even notice that the threads in which the people don't post for TWO Months (By thread starters) are being deleted..!!(My first thread was deleted due to that).
No they don't. Scroll to the bottom of the thread listings under "Display Options", change "From The" to "The Beginning" instead of "Last Month" and you will see all the threads. Non active things fall off the page, they don't get deleted.

The thread that contained the thing that won Patch of the year in the PC Awards deserves to be stuck, PC encourages the use of the CMF format so that stays stuck, and the face editing stuff is there as a supplement to the FSH files thread.

Or to put it another way. The moderators will decide which threads will be stickied and the circumstances in which they are stuck.

Bibu07

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Crap mate. Sorry, but there is no sign no of corruption mate. BM's thread contains many patches and also is quite popular and having said that, it has also won an award, so it has been made sticky. Next up, really its being spammed and according to BM's suggestion over MSN, Staff locked it. and its quite clearly mentioned there. First ever official archive format was CMF. Also the PC team wants it be quite popular with C07 downloads(for which it was made, thence stickied.)

Above all, threads are not deleted mate, just being pushed outta the first three pages, change the visibility under "Display Options", change "Last Month" to "The Beginning."

So, no corruption after moderator change/adjustments. Moderation has just got better imo. Even if it goes wrong(I think it wont), I dont think this would be the right way to express it.

Pranav

ICC Board Member
Hey Mods,
I saw there were some works of cricket 2007 being published in Stickies.
There were some threads like
"1) Face Editing Information. by Dude64"
"2) Cricket 07 Mod Manager- The CMF Mods Installer! The new Mod era! *v2 Previews out!"
"3) Black Magic's Download Thread"

Whats the reason of these threads being kept in sticky??
Face editing Info can be transferred to the non sticky section as many people wrote tuts on that.
CMF Mod Installer can even be transferred to non sticky section as many editors like Player Editor, Tournament Editor are being discussed in non sticky section.
And, BM's download thread must be put up in NON STICKY but for the sake of people, some mod locked it and transferred to sticky.
I think it even should be transferred to non sticky Section but it should be locked as spaming takes place in that thread..!!

seeing all this survey made by me, I think its sounding some type of CORRUPTION which is taking place in cricket 07 download thread..!!
(Strictly speaking, much of these are taking place after the moderation changed..!!)

I request the Global Mods and Administrators to see that proper action will be taken against them..
Yours,
Binnu.
I am going to contradict your whole post with reasons. ;)

Face editing thread is stickied because it gives vital information to new members who want to try their skills at face making. It also provides us with all the o.models. [Though many people have written tutorials for that, it still is the most basic yet best thread regarding face making.]

Cricket 07 Mod Maker is stickied as it provides an easier way to to install and manage your mods. It also in some way stops plageriasm. [People already know about player editor. To add more to that, it along with various other editors is already placed in the Download Center.]

Black Magic's download thread is closed as a lot of spamming used to take place there. New members without reading the read me used to point out simple problems. It is stickied as it is one of the best download thread. It has excellent patches. And as matt pointed out, it also won the patch of the year.

As matt said no thread gets deleted. If you want to have a look at your previous download thread, its here : http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...rk-going-slow-because-examinations-49080.html

Also remember a keyboard has a key with fullstop on it. Try to use it instead of "..!!"

Highlander999

ICC President

I locked and stickied BM's thread as it is the most succesful patch released for 07 and it was being sullied by the fact that no one was reading the instructions, they were just spamming it up. This way, people can still find it easily but it doesn't get spammed in.

Must say I do feel quite pleased that I am being accused of corruption after a month in the job. Surprised you found out that I was being given back-hand money by BM :rolleyes:

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Face editing thread is stickied because it gives vital information to new members who want to try their skills at face making. It also provides us with all the o.models. [Though many people have written tutorials for that, it still is the most basic yet best thread regarding face making.]
Even the tut written by Hitterman can be stickied as many even follow his method of editing faces.
ANd One More Thing, Face Editing is not the TOTAL editing of the CRICKET GAME. even we can edit menu, Kits, Game text, rosters, etc.
So if that is the explanation, you will have to sticky all these tuts.

As matt said no thread gets deleted. If you want to have a look at your previous download thread, its here : ╚═►☺♥☺●┼● Binnurox Download Threa∂☆Work is going slow because of examinations!!
Thanks for the link. I searched a lot but I din't get it.

Cricket 07 Mod Maker is stickied as it provides an easier way to to install and manage your mods. It also in some way stops plageriasm. [People already know about player editor. To add more to that, it along with various other editors is already placed in the Download Center.]
Mate, Editor is editor. whether it may be Fshed, or Big GUI or scorecard Manipulator or Player Editor, You WILL HAVE TO respect the person who has made that one. So, I say that better, if a competition runs for every week of Editor of the week.
If one editor has won (Say Mod Manager, it should be stickied for a week and the next winner will replace it for next week. If an Editor wins it, for three weeks, it can't be nominated for the sticky). And That should be run regularly.
Black Magic's download thread is closed as a lot of spamming used to take place there. New members without reading the read me used to point out simple problems. It is stickied as it is one of the best download thread. It has excellent patches. And as matt pointed out, it also won the patch of the year.
I do respect him as I even am editor who KNOWS THE PAINS for making such great things. It looks easy when we take a look at the work which has been done but its not easy and that I came to know when I started editing.
Also remember a keyboard has a key with fullstop on it. Try to use it instead of "..!!"
I do know and I am now an addict of it. I even is trying to use the button which you specified and you can see this post without "..!!" (Except here.)
I locked and stickied BM's thread as it is the most succesful patch released for 07 and it was being sullied by the fact that no one was reading the instructions, they were just spamming it up. This way, people can still find it easily but it doesn't get spammed in.
Mate, First of all, I wanted to say you that BM's thread is NOT patch. He has done some patches which he PUBLISHED in that thread. Ok I as I said earlier, I do respect his works but I am not crazy of his works like all the newbies.
Mate, I din't said that YOU alone did the corruption. I said that its a corruptive activity of having sticking the threads without discussing with some of the MEMBERS of the C07 forum (Not the mods as I know how the network you people have).
I have a suggestion of having a poll before doing such things.

Highlander999

ICC President
In the nicest possible way it is not for the members of the 07 forum to decide whether a thread gets stickied. I get lots of requests for threads to be stickied if we did it your way 50% of the threads there would be stickied. That is the point of having people moderate there, to decide which threads do and don't get stickied, as WHM pointed out, along with other tasks. I can assure you polls will not be held though, this isn't a democracy (although we do take member's ideas into consideration (0.01% of the time ;)))

Also there is no corruption happening in the 07 forum, it's a download forum, not the Mafia!!!

Last edited:

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Mate, I even know how the administration goes here in these web sites as I have been as a mod of a well active community in orkut. As I had to concentrate on my studies, I had to give up those tasks and now I am a MEMBER not a Moderator. I can give SUGGESTIONS which you are taking as COMMAND. Just take my things as suggestions and do UNDERSTAND the things which I expressed. Then you could know how I thought of that one.
I said that Those (Stickies) were not important.
You have understood that one as if I am Commanding to take those off. (I think)
I said the above sentence as many of you were giving contradiction for my posts.
You would have just explained me about their importance which Matt and Tom did.

Also there is no corruption happening in the 07 forum, it's a download forum, not the Mafia!!!

Mate, I know much about Corruption. I am sorry for using that word. I was forced to use that word. BTW sorry once again.
BTW Matt did what an excellent job of explaining me and I thought of stopping this topic. I had a power failure which made me not to post in this thread. Till the time I saw this thread, I found PP and Tom posting for which I had to explain them.
So, Stop Discussing about this topic.
I request Tom to close this Thread. and even If possible delete if that makes no difference.
Once more, I say sorry for using the word corruption as that was my MISTAKE.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Even the tut written by Hitterman can be stickied as many even follow his method of editing faces.
ANd One More Thing, Face Editing is not the TOTAL editing of the CRICKET GAME. even we can edit menu, Kits, Game text, rosters, etc.
So if that is the explanation, you will have to sticky all these tuts.
The face editing thread isn't a tutorial. It is there to help provide the information about which files are used in face making, as I said, to add on to the FSH file list.

Mate, Editor is editor. whether it may be Fshed, or Big GUI or scorecard Manipulator or Player Editor, You WILL HAVE TO respect the person who has made that one. So, I say that better, if a competition runs for every week of Editor of the week.

If one editor has won (Say Mod Manager, it should be stickied for a week and the next winner will replace it for next week. If an Editor wins it, for three weeks, it can't be nominated for the sticky). And That should be run regularly.
The Mod Manager is not an Editor. It is stuck because it is one of the file formats that patches can be released in, the "How to install patches for Cricket 2007" covers other formats.

Mate, First of all, I wanted to say you that BM's thread is NOT patch. He has done some patches which he PUBLISHED in that thread. Ok I as I said earlier, I do respect his works but I am not crazy of his works like all the newbies.
"The thread that contained the thing that won Patch of the year in the PC Awards deserves to be stuck"

Just because your thread isn't stuck doesn't mean his can't be.

Mate, I din't said that YOU alone did the corruption. I said that its a corruptive activity of having sticking the threads without discussing with some of the MEMBERS of the C07 forum (Not the mods as I know how the network you people have).
I have a suggestion of having a poll before doing such things.
You say corruptive like Tom is making money out of it being stuck.

The staff of PlanetCricket make decisions, we consult members frequently and we accept feedback. But in the end it is the decision of the moderators of that forum what threads get stuck.

If we had to make a poll each time we did something, nothing would get done.

I can't help thinking you wouldn't be complaining if your thread was up there.

If you think it is stuck because BM is a staff member, look where my thread is.

Pranav

ICC Board Member
Its closed :p

I guess binurox has understood what we all conveyd to him. We no longer need this thread. Hint.

Ah forget it!

Last edited:

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Because someone said "Thread Closed" I'm leaving the thread open.

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
You say corruptive like Tom is making money out of it being stuck.

The staff of PlanetCricket make decisions, we consult members frequently and we accept feedback. But in the end it is the decision of the moderators of that forum what threads get stuck.

If we had to make a poll each time we did something, nothing would get done.

I can't help thinking you wouldn't be complaining if your thread was up there.

Mate, I had to make use of that word as Many people Including Tom , did target me.

First when I was new to this forum, I started a thread called "The Great Indian Patch" which was spammed my macworld. His way of explaining me made me so irritated so that I felt of leaving this site. But, I found good members like Bibu, Friends863, Yourself (Whitehoenmatt), Titans, Naresh, BM,Colin, Sinclair etc.
So I thought of continuing to visit this thread.
I expected a bashing reply from Sinclair when I posted "This Idea was mine" In his thread. But some people like you people helped me a lot.
At the same time, I met Tom for the first time at PCPL registration thread as I joked and he thought it seriously. From that time onwards, He targeted me. I kept on complaining it to Colin. You may ask him (Colin). Even in SOTM he posted that there was no need to post in that thread for every comment. I felt very bad of him. and from that time, he targeted me every now and then. I don't know what actually is going to happen. Even in my thread, as I forgot to post to members that I would welcome comments, he deleted that message stating " Don't try to bump up your thread."
We dial up users in India have free download from 02:00hours to 08:00 hours. When I woke up at 02:00 Hours to post that post which was stating "Comments are welcome", I got that result which made me complain Colin about that.
Just stop this topic here.

Thread Closed

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
There you are, see it wasn't about the sticky threads, it was just a complaint about Tom.

In future contact an Admin if you have a problem with a staff member.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread