Stories, scorecards, epic matches: screenshots, scorecards, stories: no vids please.

Load FM

Club Captain
Spin still seems to be dominating for me after 2 sessions of my first Ashes test match controlling England. We're going into the evening session today with Moeen Ali chasing a 5th wicket, we'll hopefully get a chance with the bat before the end of the day too! I'm really interested to see if spin is as difficult to face for the human player as it seems to be for the AI.

shak91

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just had a stonking ODI between WI (me) and Pakistan. pro/med/med with ai timing and run rate tuned up a little.

I batted awfully, tried to go too big before batsmen were set and was bundled out for 100. Need more practice timing the spinners!

Thought I had a heavy defeat coming my way but some early wickets gave me hope and then Braithwaite scythed through the lower order to leave Pakistan 9 down needing 11 runs.

Loved the pressure of having to set fields to try to stop easy singles and take that last wicket. Eventually lost after an attempted Yorker was edged through point for 4.

Some great variety in dismissals (although vast majority edged behind) including a stunning catch from midwicket running round to a Malik pull shot and a couple of classic stump-uprooting bowleds.

One thing I've yet to see is an lbw when bowling, AI seems to get its bat to everything.

I need to find a sweet spot of difficulty (or get better) as on defaults I'm clearly better at bowling than batting. But after just half a dozen matches or so I'm seeing more variety, and situations that just feel like cricket, than I remember from previous titles. Loving it.
I finally got the game today and it took me two matches to get an LBW. It was Mohammad Amir bowling a good length in swinger to Rohit Sharma which he missed trying to play it on the onside. I am loving it already. The difficulty was hard btw.

Last edited:

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Spin still seems to be dominating for me after 2 sessions of my first Ashes test match controlling England. We're going into the evening session today with Moeen Ali chasing a 5th wicket, we'll hopefully get a chance with the bat before the end of the day too! I'm really interested to see if spin is as difficult to face for the human player as it seems to be for the AI.

Can you talk about a loaf of bread, very descriptive! :p

Load FM

Club Captain
The batting hasn't been going so well for England, as the top order struggles in the test team continues. Can we recover and bat through to lunch on day 2 without collapsing?

passarapin

County Cricketer
AUS..
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I know that there may be some slight little niggles in this game ( what game doesn't?)
but I'm honestly really enjoying this.

playing against the twin spinner of Ashwin & Jadeja on a dusty pitch with veteran/hard difficulty is so challenging.

the spinners definitely use their "stock ball"alot more than previous iterations , which is great.
except for when I think I could cut a delivery, only for it to be a too spinner, right onto my off stump.

now to start the rebuild.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Latest match report at www.sillypointcricket.com

Crucially won the toss in wet conditions. Lots of rain delays in the game and injuries too.

Loving the game but in my competition Rory Burns isn’t and it may be curtains for his Test career!

Gonna play some ODIs soon. Will be interesting to see how the AI approach things.

Looks like everybody getting a lot out of the game. It’s certainly a step up from previous on many levels.

D

Deleted member 193590

Second test scorecard.Series now tied at 1-1......really enjoying it but still some strange MOTM choices :p

D9ROrOTXsAAk3D_.jpeg

All the wickets.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
So this game got cut down to 31 overs a side (India went off twice in their innings for rain) but I don't get why I only needed 180 to win?:lol

Attachments

• 20190617_202338_crop_71.jpg
    20190617_202338_crop_71.jpg
    364.3 KB · Views: 23

Users who are viewing this thread