MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Would like to see some kind of shot editor which allows you to set trajectories and power for various shots rather than just sliders and have them then coupled to individual players So to be able to make really individual player types.

I could truly create the digital version of myself. No footwork, occasional boundary, many edges, consistently out for 25-35.

D

Dutch

I could truly create the digital version of myself. No footwork, occasional boundary, many edges, consistently out for 25-35.
Just rename the ingame Keaton Jennings[DOUBLEPOST=1587129366][/DOUBLEPOST]In all seriousness a shot editor would make mentalities and everything superficialities especially if it had a percentage of use slider.

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
Would like to see some kind of shot editor which allows you to set trajectories and power for various shots rather than just sliders and have them then coupled to individual players So to be able to make really individual player types.

Plus, some sort of improved shot selection so AI players rely on their best shots and avoid their weaker shots, more like a real player does.

Bowling at Alastair Cook, knowing he'll pull you like a boss if you drop short ... but knowing Mark Waugh is more likely to duck / weave / defend.

Likewise, great players have signature shots that ordinary players just don't play. Viv Richards or KP might hammer you through midwicket from a good length off stick ball, but Mike Atherton would literally never attempt that shot.

D

Dutch

Plus, some sort of improved shot selection so AI players rely on their best shots and avoid their weaker shots, more like a real player does.

Bowling at Alastair Cook, knowing he'll pull you like a boss if you drop short ... but knowing Mark Waugh is more likely to duck / weave / defend.

Likewise, great players have signature shots that ordinary players just don't play. Viv Richards or KP might hammer you through midwicket from a good length off stick ball, but Mike Atherton would literally never attempt that shot.
Yep. Then we can build really unique ai regardless of mentalities and the like that either doesn't work or is too generic.

Same with bowling: let us edit ball speed and trajectory parameters and usage percentages.

Reactions: DAP

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
What you’re describing their @T.J.Hooker and @Dutch is holy grail stuff. Thinking like a captain, what’s this guy gonna do, where do I need to put someone, where can I bowl, where can’t I bowl...

I’d like that and equally like a real penalty if I as a human try doing something the player is weak at

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
I’d like that and equally like a real penalty if I as a human try doing something the player is weak at

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too.

I really hope this would be possible without BA getting a load of complaints from players who are used to playing the same with every batsman and don't want to have to roleplay - so to speak - their shot selection for each player.

Just taking a career player for a sec, the game already has an rpg style points system for you to build up your shots, but I just need a bit more feeling / seeing a difference - getting to choose which animations get used for a high stat shot maybe, or something like that?

I reckon I'd enjoy playing a Robin Smith style super fierce square cut, for instance, to the absolute max if it was a shot that you never saw from ordinary players with ordinary square cuts, and if I'd had to do a load of work in the nets to make that shot / animation available to my career player.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too.

I really hope this would be possible without BA getting a load of complaints from players who are used to playing the same with every batsman and don't want to have to roleplay - so to speak - their shot selection for each player.

Just taking a career player for a sec, the game already has an rpg style points system for you to build up your shots, but I just need a bit more feeling / seeing a difference - getting to choose which animations get used for a high stat shot maybe, or something like that?

I reckon I'd enjoy playing a Robin Smith style super fierce square cut, for instance, to the absolute max if it was a shot that you never saw from ordinary players with ordinary square cuts, and if I'd had to do a load of work in the nets to make that shot / animation available to my career player.
Ignoring how difficult or easy it would be to implement, cause I don't know about that. But if it was, I don't see how you couldn't balance it to incentivise it for those that want it and have it something that could be ignored by people that aren't interested. Playing a batsman's preferred shots increases confidence or has higher chance of success while weaker shots/areas have carries greater risk.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Playing a batsman's preferred shots increases confidence or has higher chance of success while weaker shots/areas have carries greater risk.
Looking at player's weakness and strengths would finally have a meaning in the game..

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I would really like proper use of dives.

As I’ve said in every iteration, the little stoop forward to pluck a ball just in front with you one hand must be removed from the game. It’s unnatural and looks horrible. The fielder should dive forwards, like every cricketer would do in that situation. Some carry, some don’t, fine.

But normal fielding now... if I hit the ball along the ground and the fielder dives I know he’s stopped it. If I’m beating him he doesn’t dive he turns and runs. If they dive and sometimes you beat the dive and sometimes you don’t, that’s more realistic and much better.

It’s a simple thing, but it would add immense drama and excitement and it would remove frustrations.

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
The fielder should dive forwards, like every cricketer would do in that situation.

One thing - I'd really like to keep some of the awkward / slow fielding mechanics in the game for very low stat fielders, and so there's more of a noticeable contrast between amateur and pro cricket in the game and so that super crap Phil Tufnell style fielding is a genuine thing.

That feeling of a fielder being so slow that you can steal runs off him is perfect for a weak fielder in a club game. And if you're playing a 90s England game I'd love there to be a sub-game going on of where to hide Tufnell so he does the least damage.

I mean, you'd like him to do fine leg at both ends but his fitness was so shite that he'd be completely knackered after five overs.

Chris Lickley

County Cricketer
Northern Superchargers
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I like playing the tour mode and I think it would be good instead of having the whole roster of players available to you that you can select squads of 15 or 17 players for each of the formats that your going to play. Plus with this you could select players from the domestic leagues that aren't in the international team roster. I know they have do this with the world cup mode on the current game, there was also something similar to what I'm trying to explain on cricket 07.

Also i would like to see injuries have more of an impact, as you could have a player injured in a test match which could put them on the sideline for 4 weeks but their completely fine for the next match which is a few days after the match the got injured. Again this is more towards tour mode an the competition mode.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
One thing - I'd really like to keep some of the awkward / slow fielding mechanics in the game for very low stat fielders, and so there's more of a noticeable contrast between amateur and pro cricket in the game and so that super crap Phil Tufnell style fielding is a genuine thing.

That feeling of a fielder being so slow that you can steal runs off him is perfect for a weak fielder in a club game. And if you're playing a 90s England game I'd love there to be a sub-game going on of where to hide Tufnell so he does the least damage.

I mean, you'd like him to do fine leg at both ends but his fitness was so shite that he'd be completely knackered after five overs.

so I think there is an element of this already. Put 2 bad fielders at deep mid off/on and the AI will be much more likely a single to them. I think the same in covers and mid-wicket

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
so I think there is an element of this already. Put 2 bad fielders at deep mid off/on and the AI will be much more likely a single to them. I think the same in covers and mid-wicket

I think there's a lot of stuff that we're discussing that's got elements already in place.

The main thing I'm thinking is that when I see awkward looking fielding in the game, it looks like stuff I've seen real rubbish fielders do, and I'd love to improve the realism of top fielders without turning the worst fielders into fielders who look like brilliant fielders in slow motion rather than genuinely crap fielders, if you get what I mean.

To be fair though, realism for crap fielders is a really low level niche concern even by my standards.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
The current game is excellent... I only have a few things that really really need fixing for this game to be almost perfect..

1) Basic physics: This needs to be fixed!... I cannot see how a full ball played LATE at the bottom of the bat, loops into the air for an easy catch?!?? This ball MUST be played into the pitch ie a bump ball.

2) The fielding close to the wicket. IE the keeper and bowler when then get the ball from a fielder to break the stumps.... they cannot faff around thinking about breaking stumps etc.. we have to get a situation where stumps a broken quickly froma throw... i would rather have fewer direct hits and more quick throws into keepers gloves and quick stumps broken type run outs.... and whats with the long barrier fielding of fielders picking the ball up on the wicket?

3) positional awareness of fielders... i find it almost impossible to penetrate a close fielding setup even with IDEAL IDEAL IDEAL... a great shot should be rewarded... at this point (in online) everyone sets up a close ring of fielders and its impossible to get it through them as they stop everything... you try and loft it over the top and you get the "LATE" looping easy catch scenario... alot of the time even the "good" straight drives lofted loop way too much and it gives the time for a close in fielder to run back and catch it? how?

little things which break the laws of physics i feel should be the main thing looked at for a ps5 version of this game :)

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The current game is excellent... I only have a few things that really really need fixing for this game to be almost perfect..

1) Basic physics: This needs to be fixed!... I cannot see how a full ball played LATE at the bottom of the bat, loops into the air for an easy catch?!?? This ball MUST be played into the pitch ie a bump ball.

2) The fielding close to the wicket. IE the keeper and bowler when then get the ball from a fielder to break the stumps.... they cannot faff around thinking about breaking stumps etc.. we have to get a situation where stumps a broken quickly froma throw... i would rather have fewer direct hits and more quick throws into keepers gloves and quick stumps broken type run outs.... and whats with the long barrier fielding of fielders picking the ball up on the wicket?

3) positional awareness of fielders... i find it almost impossible to penetrate a close fielding setup even with IDEAL IDEAL IDEAL... a great shot should be rewarded... at this point (in online) everyone sets up a close ring of fielders and its impossible to get it through them as they stop everything... you try and loft it over the top and you get the "LATE" looping easy catch scenario... alot of the time even the "good" straight drives lofted loop way too much and it gives the time for a close in fielder to run back and catch it? how?

little things which break the laws of physics i feel should be the main thing looked at for a ps5 version of this game :)
I don't know if ideal x3 should be rewarded, you hit a good shot at a fielder that's not a good shot. It might look good, be timed perfectly but, like a shot in football, if it doesn't beat the keeper it ain't worth shit.

Users who are viewing this thread