Chris Lickley

County Cricketer
Northern Superchargers
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
So is what the score layout is currently.
screenshot.cricket-19.853x480.2019-07-11.4.jpg

Something that I would like to see changed/added to it for Test/First class matches is that it displays the previous innings scores, which could possible be displayed below where the team logo's are. Also possibly show whether the innings in progress was enforced as a Follow on.

As for limited overs matches it could display a graphic showing the comparison of the scores during the run chase. For example: AUS were 123/2 after 13 overs ENG are 128/4 after 13 overs.

Last edited:

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
I don't know if ideal x3 should be rewarded, you hit a good shot at a fielder that's not a good shot. It might look good, be timed perfectly but, like a shot in football, if it doesn't beat the keeper it ain't worth shit.
true however 3x ideal in the gap (lets say 2m from an in fielder) shouldnt be stopped cleanly .. either go through or parried with a dive...

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
true however 3x ideal in the gap (lets say 2m from an in fielder) shouldnt be stopped cleanly .. either go through or parried with a dive...
But measuring the success of a shot based only on the batsman execution would pretty much render the fielder ability useless.

I don't know how the skills for fielders work exactly. I'd like them have an area of influence, say based on agility, so someone like a Jonty Rhodes would have a great area that he could cover. Mix that with reaction speed and it would mean if you hit a ball within 2m of him, regardless of the quality of the shot there's say 7/10 chance he will stop it; 2/10 chance of a parry and 1/10 chance of a misfield.

A lower skilled fielder, lower agility creates a small area of influence, lower reaction speed gives a greater chance of a misfield. If you're hitting the ball at the best fielder you would chance approach if you're getting no reward. So you might be able to get a shot by a fielder with lower agility with greater ease.

Thing is, I go back to my suggestion of being able to bring up detailed profiles of players in game. It's not just with a view to having a nice cosmetic addition. It should provide us with information to allow us to form an effective strategy; whether it's how we bat, bowl or field. Allow us to identify who the best fielders are. So we can, if we choose, look to target weaker fielders and conversly put the fielders in the best position.

This speaks to what I think is a broader problem; the lack of information to form a strategy. If timing of shots or bowling input is so important, does it matter where I bowl the ball if all I have to do is keep hitting perfect/perfect? There's no way to establish a tactical approach to batsmen, my example is always: how do you bowl to a batsman when all you know his weakness is 'special shots?' At the moment it feels like you just have to hope for the best by doing something that might replicate real life.

Chris Lickley

County Cricketer
Northern Superchargers
Profile Flag
England
After messing about with Golf Club 2 it really brought me back again to how the stick speed could be galvanized in a cricket game to create speed for batswing and bowling arm. Thoughts?
Can see that working and adds to the classic controls. Isn't the spin control on classic like that?

D

Dutch

Can see that working and adds to the classic controls. Isn't the spin control on classic like that?
Not for generating ball speed I dont think just spin and it is unclear what it really does to be frank. I am imaging how you would lose bowling line or batting line the more power ypou tried to assert...would take a lot more skill!

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Just some things on stadium creator. I think on the whole you can still do good enough job.

It'd be nice to have more assets added, some new backdrops, a grassy bank with people on it. Colour the roof would be good too, although you don't necessarily see it in matches.

A few other things:

Option to have grounds of similar shapes to the licensed stadiums. Would be nice to be able to have a slightly more unusual shape.

Also, during a match, occasionally having the dimensions pop up would be good. If it's necessary, I do feel like one of the boundaries when playing in the Lord's stadium is shorter and I think it's Coff's Harbour that is a lot longer than it is wide. Would be good information to have if you're looking to play big shots.

Might nice to add multiple field logos, two at the bowling ends and maybe some at the sides.

field logo.png

One frustrating thing is getting a proper wrapped set of stands. Try as I might I can't get the stands to connect and wrap around a ground. There always seem to be a gap needed somewhere. It might be good to have some template grounds that have perhaps been altered, if necessary, ready build with the wrapped stands. Or adjust the models or find a way to automate how stands are done - maybe we could 'draw' the shape of a stand and choose the size. I'm not sure.

stand wrapping.png

Being able to choose a different outer section, either dirt, concrete or something like that would be good.
dirt stadium.png

Chris Lickley

County Cricketer
Northern Superchargers
Profile Flag
England
It would be good to have the ability to create stumps, so you could have more tournament/country specific stump sets.

Some Examples:

ICC World Cup:
Zing-stumps-bails-World-Cup-PA-1024x511.jpg

IPL:
m43-kedar-miss-chance.jpg

New Zealand vs England Test:
2992.jpg

South Africa vs England Test
NINTCHDBPICT000550343693-e1577548312576.jpg

Not sure whether this would be possible but it would be interesting to be able to select match sponsors in the match set up settings, so if you were playing at the Wankhede Stadium you could choose from India ODI, IT20, Test or IPL sponsors. So you could able create sponsor sets in the stadium creator. With this you wouldn't have multiple versions of a stadium with different sponsors.

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
After messing about with Golf Club 2 it really brought me back again to how the stick speed could be galvanized in a cricket game to create speed for batswing and bowling arm. Thoughts?

With golf games and snooker / pool games, it just gives you a feel factor that using a button to set your power level doesn't.

The massive control improvement of DBC14 was due to the fact that you were making a stroking movement (no sniggering at the back) where previous games had you pressing a button. Having the speed of your stroke influence the speed of your bat / arm just seems like a completely logical next step.

Gayan

Club Captain
For the stadium creator would like to see the following :
  • Grand stand lighting - the on disc stadiums have grand stand lighting but ones in the stadium creator do not. Ruins the ambience of day night games, during the night period of the game the only thing that brightens up grand stands is the adboards till the flood light effect activates. Also in general grandstands are way too dark as there is no lighting
  • Seperate tier and roof height into two seperate caterogies - for example you can have a 2 tier grand stand with a 3 tier roof. Will be good for wrapping a ground as u can adjust the tiers whilst keeping the roof height uniform
  • Npcs - again in the on disc stadiums u have Npcs e.g. Security guards, cameraman but u can not place them in created stadiums.
  • Would like to see npcs/ props that spawn during game events - you place them any where near the boundary and they will spawn there when certain events trigger for example anticipation of rain/ sprinkling. For asian grounds such as sri Lanka for example you could place on the square boundary a tarp with ground staff, a eng ground buggy with pitch cover. Other examples would be a drinks buggy spawning close to a drinks break and a pitch roller close to the end of a innings.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
In regards to spin bowling or even pace bowling I still feel my previous request of having a ball on the side in the game and we being able to select the seam position by placing the fingers would make bowling have a greater depth and for spin bowling , there has to be a mechanism similar to I dont remember the game but there was a button determining the amount of spin the ball gets and the turn is dependent on the spin you have given the ball at the time of release.. I remember The art of cricket game also having such a mechanism..

I feel its a great way for people to learn the sport which I feel big ant could do in their games.. But its really important that the ball behaves the way one releases it.. So we not only have the normal variations but also can create something new with our own experiment.. Like a sandbox of bowling..

This along with the shot animations editor to create real life like players in terms of approach and allowing us to stitch the animations to make a whole lot of depth in that department too.. I mean I would really like the Smith initial movement with shot animations of Warner in this game..

--------------------------------

Also guys can we have an animation thread to post the types of animations we need in the game but with a certain format for big ant to be able to keep a track of that..

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
For the stadium creator would like to see the following :
  • Grand stand lighting - the on disc stadiums have grand stand lighting but ones in the stadium creator do not. Ruins the ambience of day night games, during the night period of the game the only thing that brightens up grand stands is the adboards till the flood light effect activates. Also in general grandstands are way too dark as there is no lighting
  • Seperate tier and roof height into two seperate caterogies - for example you can have a 2 tier grand stand with a 3 tier roof. Will be good for wrapping a ground as u can adjust the tiers whilst keeping the roof height uniform
  • Npcs - again in the on disc stadiums u have Npcs e.g. Security guards, cameraman but u can not place them in created stadiums.
  • Would like to see npcs/ props that spawn during game events - you place them any where near the boundary and they will spawn there when certain events trigger for example anticipation of rain/ sprinkling. For asian grounds such as sri Lanka for example you could place on the square boundary a tarp with ground staff, a eng ground buggy with pitch cover. Other examples would be a drinks buggy spawning close to a drinks break and a pitch roller close to the end of a innings.
The grand stand lighting is a bug, was fine at launch, then bugged out sometime in the last month or two. Wish they would fix it.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Definitely. EA has twice been voted the worst company in the world. I follow a few YouTube channels that are anti-DLC/Loot Boxes and EA are the worst for it. FIFA Ultimate Team is a cash cow for them and I could completely see how it could work for a cricket game and I'd hate it. You only have to look at their and other companies that are releasing annual update/new games to see how little effort they put in to the actual game.
One Word: Burnout. That describes EA for me.

Users who are viewing this thread