Suggestions for next Bas Cricket game

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I would like the risk-reward for the shot played behind square on leg side off the front foot to be tweaked. Right now, its rather low risk and can be played even to balls pitching outside off stump too.
And as it happens, a lot of the times AI spinner bowls without anybody down at fine leg or inside the circle at 45.
Both of above combined generally ends up in skewed spider graphs.

Haych14

Club Captain
14 Things that should definatley be added to the next BA Cricket Game! [ Adding more realism ]

1 The wicket keeper and bowlers whipping of the bails or hitting the wicket with a faster reaction time and sometimes missing it. For example if the ball goes in the hand and isn't grasped properly.

2 One of the huge ones for me and I'm sure most of the Cricket 19 community and cricket lovers. Is bring a wide range of commentary. Maybe they could have a joke with each other or talk about certain players or something else other than the match at times. Instead of just two have around say 5 different commentators and you get to choose who is doing commentary for the match before it commences. Just would bring more of a realistic broadcast feel. Wishing for more real commentators hopefully.

3 Maybe presentations after a match like interviewing both captains. Different team captains could have different voices depending on their nationality after match. And you get to have options and pick what to say after a question.

4 The gameplay and graphics is great but it could be better. Want the next Big Ant to up their game in the detail and realism of their gameplay and graphics. Like the grass, the pitch, the sky, clouds, birds, the crowd, scenery etc. And off course the players themselves bringing more of a realistic detailed look to their faces, kits, movements. Not only the license team players but detail to the best of your ability on playerfaces by the community adding to the realism. Bring the standard close uptoBupto thetthe likes of FIFA , Pes etc. Cricket is lacking this for years! If BA can do this you will be loved forever trust me as a cricket lover!

5 Maybe having fireworks option or if a team wins a tournament and show them celebrating on the ground and their team mates running onto the pitch. Replica trophy's of the actual trophy's for ICC tournemants.

6 I wanna feel the vibrant crowds in this new BA game whenever it may be. Maybe some playing the flute or saxophones as they do when south Africa plays. Drums when Pakistan and India play and hearing chants during the match like Pakistan zindabad and just shouting. Just like you have the crowd saying barmy army add realistic slogans and chants that other team fans would say that would be cool. When a wicket goes down in their home grounds and it's unexpected especially a huge skilled or rated player getting out the home ground crowd going silent and the other fans cheering chants. slogans depending on their team and holding banners maybe customise banners for fans to hold that would be cool!

7 Players having the ability to get injured during a match. For example a player gets hit on the helmet he falls and a cut scene showing the opposition players some of them running and asking if he is okay. As well as the umpire. Show someone coming onto the pitch to do but of treatment. This should only be if the batsmen has been hit a couple of times. Twice or three times depending on the speed of the bowler obviously! Little things like that would be a huge difference. Saying that also players like bowlers batsmen or fielders twisting their ankle while diving or having a cramp and being off the field and being able to choose who to be the substitute fielder. Coming back to diving it would be nice to actually see some grass stain somewhere on their kits whether it's a batsmen or a fielder. All of the suggestions on making are to make it feel more realism !

8 Showing the dugout at different moments in the game alongside their coaches and team officials. For example when the match is going well and they are going to victory maybe. Show them clapping and smiling . When the game becomes intense during the dying moments, show some players looking worried in the dugout , biting their nails, hands around their face, hands on their heads etc. Adding onto this when there is a 50 or a hundred etc. The crowd reaction different and claps all around cheers and show the dugout applause cheering their accomplishment.

9 Players maybe battling it out and arguing and just giving each other looks and the umpires just splitting them up.the commentatorsreviewing the situation as it happens . For example bowler barging the batsmen accidently, and the batsmen shown in a cut scene just looking and putting his hands out like kmon what was that for dude. The batsmen coming in the way of the bowler or throw and they argue. Maybe this could work for close descions too but not too often the whole arguing and aggressiveness of players doing this only time to time. Depending on the player too.

10 This is one of my favourite! Imagine being able to pick a celebration or a dance after getting a wicket or getting a 50 or a 100. Now that would be cool too! But not all the time only a couple of times or based on the performance during the match you get a celebration option to use when needed.

11 The loading time has got to be one of my main issues with game. The time it takes to load is crazy slow yes it's improved a little but is still slow loading screen when waiting for a match and when searching on the community for players, teams, umpires, stadiums etc.

12 If there is a super over before it commences show the players tired sitting down drinking water, talking, resting, stretching, practicing, and then a cut scene showing the teams in a huddle . Maybe the fielding first team in the super over in a huddle before commencing and the batting first team in the super over just standing talking to each other on a line around each other.

13 players sweating when batting long innings and wiping their foreheads with a cloth pouring out the sweat. Sweat more depending how long they have been out in the middle or the conditions of its humid, warm, hot, cold etc. And seeing the sweat and wetness on their faces for all players esepcailly for those that have been running loads, and bowling.

14 Before the start of a match and after the match players shake hands with each other as seen on television in lines both of them.

Cricket 19 is a beautiful decent game. But I feel with all or most of what I've said above. If they could be implement most of what I've wrote here. It would bring realism back to cricket fans and BA next cricket game! On a whole new level! Trust me. Let me know what you think! Hopefully this gets to BA! As I think most people would love to see all of what I've mentioned implemented into the next game!

Last edited:

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
13 Things that should definatley be added to the next BA Cricket Game! [ Adding more realism ]

1 The wicket keeper and bowlers whipping of the bails or hitting the wicket with a faster reaction time and sometimes missing it. For example if the ball goes in the hand and isn't grasped properly.

2 One of the huge ones for me and I'm sure most of the Cricket 19 community and cricket lovers. Is bring a wide range of commentary. Maybe they could have a joke with each other or talk about certain players or something else other than the match at times. Instead of just two have around say 5 different commentators and you get to choose who is doing commentary for the match before it commences. Just would bring more of a realistic broadcast feel. Wishing for more real commentators hopefully.

3 Maybe presentations after a match like interviewing both captains. Different team captains could have different voices depending on their nationality after match. And you get to have options and pick what to say after a question.

4 The gameplay and graphics is great but it could be better. Want the next Big Ant to up their game in the detail and realism of their gameplay and graphics. Like the grass, the pitch, the sky, clouds, birds, the crowd, scenery etc. And off course the players themselves bringing more of a realistic detailed look to their faces, kits, movements. Not only the license team players but detail to the best of your ability on playerfaces by the community adding to the realism. Bring the standard close uptoBupto thetthe likes of FIFA , Pes etc. Cricket is lacking this for years! If BA can do this you will be loved forever trust me as a cricket lover!

5 Maybe having fireworks option or if a team wins a tournament and show them celebrating on the ground and their team mates running onto the pitch. Replica trophy's of the actual trophy's for ICC tournemants.

6 I wanna feel the vibrant crowds in this new BA game whenever it may be. Maybe some playing the flute or saxophones as they do when south Africa plays. Drums when Pakistan and India play and hearing chants during the match like Pakistan zindabad and just shouting. Just like you have the crowd saying barmy army add realistic slogans and chants that other team fans would say that would be cool. When a wicket goes down in their home grounds and it's unexpected especially a huge skilled or rated player getting out the home ground crowd going silent and the other fans cheering chants. slogans depending on their team and holding banners maybe customise banners for fans to hold that would be cool!

7 Players having the ability to get injured during a match. For example a player gets hit on the helmet he falls and a cut scene showing the opposition players some of them running and asking if he is okay. As well as the umpire. Show someone coming onto the pitch to do but of treatment. This should only be if the batsmen has been hit a couple of times. Twice or three times depending on the speed of the bowler obviously! Little things like that would be a huge difference. Saying that also players like bowlers batsmen or fielders twisting their ankle while diving or having a cramp and being off the field and being able to choose who to be the substitute fielder. Coming back to diving it would be nice to actually see some grass stain somewhere on their kits whether it's a batsmen or a fielder. All of the suggestions on making are to make it feel more realism !

8 Showing the dugout at different moments in the game alongside their coaches and team officials. For example when the match is going well and they are going to victory maybe. Show them clapping and smiling . When the game becomes intense during the dying moments, show some players looking worried in the dugout , biting their nails, hands around their face, hands on their heads etc. Adding onto this when there is a 50 or a hundred etc. The crowd reaction different and claps all around cheers and show the dugout applause cheering their accomplishment.

9 Players maybe battling it out and arguing and just giving each other looks and the umpires just splitting them up.the commentatorsreviewing the situation as it happens . For example bowler barging the batsmen accidently, and the batsmen shown in a cut scene just looking and putting his hands out like kmon what was that for dude. The batsmen coming in the way of the bowler or throw and they argue. Maybe this could work for close descions too but not too often the whole arguing and aggressiveness of players doing this only time to time. Depending on the player too.

10 This is one of my favourite! Imagine being able to pick a celebration or a dance after getting a wicket or getting a 50 or a 100. Now that would be cool too! But not all the time only a couple of times or based on the performance during the match you get a celebration option to use when needed.

11 The loading time has got to be one of my main issues with game. The time it takes to load is crazy slow yes it's improved a little but is still slow loading screen when waiting for a match and when searching on the community for players, teams, umpires, stadiums etc.

12 If there is a super over before it commences show the players tired sitting down drinking water, talking, resting, stretching, practicing, and then a cut scene showing the teams in a huddle . Maybe the fielding first team in the super over in a huddle before commencing and the batting first team in the super over just standing talking to each other on a line around each other.

13 players sweating when batting long innings and wiping their foreheads with a cloth pouring out the sweat. Sweat more depending how long they have been out in the middle or the conditions of its humid, warm, hot, cold etc. And seeing the sweat and wetness on their faces for all players esepcailly for those that have been running loads, and bowling.

Cricket 19 is a beautiful decent game. But I feel with all or most of what I've said above. If they could be implement most of what I've wrote here. It would bring realism back to cricket fans and BA next cricket game! On a whole new level! Trust me. Let me know what you think! Hopefully this gets to BA! As I think most people would love to see all of what I've mentioned implemented into the next game!
The best post I have read on this thread so far! Brilliant points and I agree with nearly all of them.

Regarding point #2, commentators can talk about the history and rivalry; like in an Ashes Test, commentators can talk about how this is the oldest Cricketing rivalry and what it means to the public of the countries involved. For example if Michael Slater is commentating he can talk about a couple of his experiences of playing in Ashes and how tense it is. On a side note, I am more interested in content rather than the voices of the commentators. To me it doesn't matter whether James Taylor is commentating or some Big Ant's employee is. The only thing that matters to me is what they are talking about. The voices are only going to make a difference if they're going to get Atherton, Michael Holding, Ian Smith, Bishop, or Nasser Hussain. James Taylor and a Big Ant's employee's voice won't be a big difference to me.

Point #3 should be there in career mode (maybe not in the normal games), but in career mode it is a must! Also, press conferences will be great and our answers will have an effect on how our team and opponents play. For example, if you try to degrade the Australian team, they are going to absolutely destroy you on the pitch. We can have different types of answers available depending on our personality. For example, somebody like Kohli is more likely to give aggressive answers compared to Inzamam-ul-Haq. If I am not wrong this press conference feature is already a part of AO Tennis 2.

Point #4 is a bit too demanding in my opinion though. We have to realize that Big Ant is a small studio and the game's sales aren't even a quarter of Fifa or PES. But yeah, there should be improvements to graphics as we are paying for the game and we want our money to not be wasted.

Regarding the point #6, I already emailed Big Ant back in July/ August last year to add these things, and their response was positive, so fingers crossed! (I am going to dig other emails as well as I sent them some 15 other emails. Once I find them, I'll write a very detailed post here)

I agree 100% with all the other points.

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
So after reading @Haych14's post, I remembered that I had sent Big Ant some 15 emails last year, and I have listed the suggestions down below. These points are taken from emails that are a year old (and I haven't played the game in over 4 months now), so pardon me if some of these features are already added. The more technical parts have already been mentioned a lot, so I kept this more towards visuals.
  1. Press conferences and match presentation ceremony in career mode, where we can actually answer questions with preset options.
  2. All hairstyles of licensed players should be available in the academy. There are a few players whose hairstyles aren't available for us to choose and are only for that specific licensed player eg Joe Burns.
  3. More names for commentary is the most needed feature in the next game (in my opinion). Big Ant can't get sued for using players names in the commentary. Even WCC 2 and Real Cricket have real names on commentary. Even names of AB de Villiers, Kohli etc are not available in Cricket 19. Also I am a bit greedy for retro names and adding names of some very famous historic players will be great for scenario matches. The main priority for me is the amount of content rather than voice. For example, Big Ant gets its employee to do commentary and I won't mind if there is lots of content said by him. His voice and James Taylor's voice aren't going to be a huge difference for me. The voices are only going to make a difference if they're going to get Atherton, Michael Holding, Ian Smith, Bishop, or Nasser Hussain or some other really big name, which I understand isn't a realistic expectation.
  4. An option to edit the stumps and boundary ropes/cushions will be great and will make the World Cups and leagues much more realistic. It can be modeled on just how kits are created. Logos are made by the community keeping the kit template in mind, and the same can be done for the stumps and boundary ropes.
  5. Better movement of the keeper
  6. More regular injuries
  7. More cutscenes
  8. Ability to search and download only uniforms without teams.
  9. Drafts before the start of T20 leagues in career and competition
  10. Ability to have more than one host nation for an overseas tour.
  11. We definitely need the 'subcontinental cages', which are in place to stop spectators from getting to the playing field. They are the most unique (though they aren't aesthetically pleasing) part of any subcontinental stadium.
  12. Better diving and sliding mechanics.
  13. Trophy cabinet in career.
  14. At least 1 more scoring layout
  15. More celebrations.
  16. Crowd chanting some slogans is the need of the hour. There are already Barmy Army slogans and just one slogan for each country would be great. Adding slogans of Pakistan, India, New Zealand, etc will be a loved feature. For example, Pakistan Zindabad (Long live Pakistan) for Pakistan team, Jai Hind (Victory to India) for India, and just so on for the other teams.
  17. Add some Hindi voices (this might sound weird to non-subcontinental fans but we will love it, though I do it understand it is unlikely to be implemented). For anybody who doesn't know, Hindi (most common language in India) and Urdu (most common language in Pakistan) are 90% identical. There are already so many options for the voices of players in English (Asif, Neeraj etc) and 1 or 2 in Hindi would be a really great feature for the subcontinental fans. I am not asking for commentary in the language but the voices in which players pass remarks like 'yes' or 'no' while running or appreciating the bowler. It would really make the game realistic for us (subcontinental players).
  18. Add a 6th team in Pakistan domestic setup. Currently there are 5 teams and last year the domestic setup was revamped, so now in reality it has 6 teams, but in the game only 5.
  19. Add the 'thud' sound which used to play when the ball would hit the advertising boards. It was a very nice little detail. It was present in the early builds of Cricket 19 and was removed later (it might be back now as I haven't played in 4 months).
  20. Add an option of wearing glasses during bowling. I mean both; the ones for eyesight and the sunglasses. Somebody like Vettori (or Imad Wasim sometimes) bowl with glasses on.
  21. More options in stadium creator. It is quite limited now and feels old as it hasn't been really changed since the DBC 17 days. I would like to see an option to preview stadiums before downloading from academy, options for media centers and buildings other than stands (there isn't a single proper building available if we need to make a media center and the only workaround is to place the backside of 3 tier stadiums and it looks like only a bit like a proper building).
  22. An option of wearing chains in the neck and having earrings.
  23. When players come for Motion Capture ask them to do some commentary also. They just need to have a few sentences and the other sentences can be said by the normal commentator. The player comes into commentary after the innings and talks about the pitch etc and leaves after 5 minutes, or he talks about conditions while playing with the mic (like in BBL).
  24. Ability to edit the names and logos of on-disk competitions.
  25. More hairline options are needed, like Full, and Balding or maybe more. Full can be applied to most of the players while Balding can be applied to someone like Wahab Riaz.
  26. Give us an option of "only made by original creators" while searching for everything in the community.
  27. Add a salt and pepper hair colour option.
  28. Better versions of the generic stadiums and an option to edit the outfield type in generic stadiums. The Delhi and Lahore stadiums look like concrete pavements. For example, the current Gadaffi Stadium in Cricket 19 is still the version that they used in DBC 14. The stadium was renovated in 2017 and it looks quite a lot different now.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Being knee deep in my 20th Test match since February having played every ball of every match with no simulation, I offer my thoughts, which is certainly biased towards tests:

1. Better AI bowling lines to left handers, and from left handed bowlers, but definitely that this is heavily weighted by accuracy stats and fatigue. I think actually the right-hander lines get this well, I've certainly noticed a difference between facing a high-rated attack and a lower-rated one.
  2. Everything about the field-setting and bowler selection AI needs rebuilding and re-designing from the ground up. Nothing about the current state seems fit for purpose. Firstly, in tests especially, fields stay the same for a long time. A logic biased towards changes most balls is entirely unacceptable.
    • Further, every field should be associated with a "plan", i.e. if field X is set, the bias of delivery selection (line, length and movement) should be Y. It doesn't need to be any more complicated than that. Again, the ability of the bowler to execute that plan, should be dependent on their skills. At the very least, this should stop leg-side lines to off-side packed fields, although a given bowler might be more likely to stray towards leg, because he's not as accurate as another bowler.
    • A patience attribute in the fielding skills could contribute to a)how long a captain might persist with a field and plan, and b) how likely a bowler is to deliberately bowl a ball that doesn't suit the plan, rather than not having the skills to execute the line/length... e.g. an off side packed field with lots of slips suits a plan that biases full off-stump straight or outswing bowling. An inaccurate bowler, might bowl an out-swinger on middle or leg stump and be worked through mid-wicket. An impatient bowler might fire in a few bouncers and be fended or pulled. An impatient captain will change the bowler or field/plan after a few overs.
    • A field really only needs to be set to: what line is best, (off - which means a concentration from off to 4th/5th stump, stumps - which is straighter, attacking the stumps), and leg (which is on middle&leg to just outside leg); length (full, good, short); and movement (away, in). This shouldn't mean you ONLY face those kinds of balls (notwithstanding patience and accuracy), just that the selection is weighted significantly in their favour.
    • A bowler's skills should influence their suitability to bowl to a plan - e.g. a patient, accurate bowler with high swing skills but low bouncer skills, should see a reduction in both accuracy and patience if the plan says bowl short on leg.
  3. There has to be a difference in the likelihood of a particular shot being played based on the overall and particular skills of an AI batsman. If this means adding a "shot inventory" to batsman so be it (I'm not in favour as I can see it being a big burden on creators), but there simply has to be something to make us feel a difference in bowling to batsman A vs batsman B, and top order vs lower order.
  4. Removal of obvious AI cheats, like their ability to cut through third-man with no penalty; sweep through mid-wicket (even Courtney Walsh hit me through there), to be able to have the ball bounce short of a mid-off fielder if it's straight off the bat, but zoom into their hands if it's played straight into the floor.
  5. Use of feet by AI to spinners. Having a game without this should be as unacceptable as having a game without a ball.
  6. Better ability of AI to spin in general, which is hugely overpowered. Point 5 might help, as they're sitting ducks right now.
  7. Visual ball wear.
  8. More intelligent AI use of part-time bowlers, especially during a)big partnerships; and b) in the last 10 or so overs before a new ball is due, unless the new ball is due right after a break.
  9. Use of the nightwatchman by the AI; and when a nightwatchman is selected by the human user, the batsman is PROMOTED and not SWAPPED. Right now, lets say I lose my 2nd wicket 2 overs before close of play, and I use my number 10 as nightwatchman. Number 10 is now number 4, and number 4 is now number 10, and everyone in between stays the same. What should actually happen is number 10 becomes number 4 and everyone else drops one place. Right now your order is messed up for the rest of the innings and you have to keep swapping at every fall of wicket.
  10. More realistic physics - how the ball travels depending on where it hits the bat; bounce off the pitch; etc.
  11. Improved wicketkeepers, dependent on skills. Right now they're all equally incompetent clowns who will occasionally pull off a stunner.
  12. Revamped commentary. Play-by-play should be vastly reduced, but smarter. i.e. the game should now if I've hit a shot that's going for four, and the commentary needs to start as early as possible in the action, while the ball is travelling, not once it's over the ropes. Most commentary should be delivered as analysis, in replays. E.g. lets say I've hit a great drive for 4, the play-by-play should be brief, and limited to a "4-more", "driven through cover again that's 4", and then the analysis should be "he's got forward and played that with great timing"... if i'm out the analysis can be about my footwork, timing, or shot selection - analysis then becomes feedback. Most cricket commentary is not play-by-play, it's replay analysis.
  13. More options for player personalisation. It's not enough to choose - player A isn't wearing a cap like the rest of the team, he's wearing a floppy. I should still be able to set the colour for the floppy etc.
  14. The hair styles in c19 are so bad. There needs to much greater realistic variety and creation options.
  15. Retro kit coming back would be great, but I won't hold my breath.
  16. Better "time". I shouldn't be able to bowl 4 fast bowlers and still get 30 overs in a session.
  17. Much greater ambience in different crowds and stadia, and variety in crowd numbers depending on time of day, game situation. If i'm the home side, I'm losing and the AI has 30 runs to make with 9 wickets in hand at the start of day 5, the crowd shouldn't be full.

JOB123

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
It would be good if u could choose the length and speed of a bowlers run up so u could have bowlers like Bumrah and Archer being more realistic

Sahil70

Club Captain
To be able to delete individual games in a test series if reqd and not have to delete the whole series

Bassam Altaf

School Cricketer
I've been playing cricket19 for a while now on PS4 and I think its a really decent game probably the best cricket simulation ever and with terrific community creations it is the best cricket game since EA sports Cricket07.
But there are somethings that I would love to see in the Next Big Ant Cricket Game if they make another.

1: First and Foremost I would like to see a Career Mode Story in which a season is based on an upcoming or an existing cricketer for example how FIFA has done with their Journey Mode or how NBA 2k series has done with their Career Story mode. It would be wonderful right now the career mode in cricket19 is too pale and boring with same stuff over and over again and there feels like no motivation which is overshadowing some great things the Big Ant studio is doing . So It would be wonderful to see a better career mode.

2: Secondly I would love to see a better online play. A lot of times it has happened to me and I am sure it would have happened with other players as well that when you are winning the match 99% the other player leaves the match and you just waste your time with no credit... so I would love to see that if someone leaves or quits the games while losing the game should be awarded to the one standing .. and some instances when a player has to leave the match to come back and complete later in those scenarios there can be a time limit setup that if the concerned person doesnt come back in a specific time that can be a day or two then the match would be awarded to the other person.. right now there is just too much time wasting on online gameplay so it can be more robust.

3: online tournaments can also be a welcome initiative. Every other sports game gives you that option in online play like FIFA etc.. so online tournaments like t20 cup or 50 over cup weekly can be a great initiative where you can play tournaments with players ranked closed to you and then you can move upwards.

4: a global licensed tournament as well as licensed teams but I am sure everyone is demanding that and I know the hassles of licensing issues and all so zi wont go into more details on this one but I would love to see a fully globally licensed cricket game one day. But as of now the community creations are brilliant and makes this game just a whole new experience and I am sure without them this game wouldnt have been worth buying and Big ant owes alot to the community for their success on this game. But best of luck on future endeavours and I hope someone from big ant gives a look into my suggestions.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
14 Things that should definatley be added to the next BA Cricket Game! [ Adding more realism ]

14 Before the start of a match and after the match players shake hands with each other as seen on television in lines both of them.

Personally, I feel 12/14 points here are fluff. That would be great to add into the game, but the fundamentals in cricket 19 are still wonky, some have been around since DBC17 days and desperately need more attention. Its like spending too much time on the icing instead of the cake. Fielding is the key thing, I feel bowling and batting have taken a good stride but fielders are woeful in this game, the animations are limited and bog down the overall experience. Having said that Cricket 19 loading times are way longer this time around, and I play on a ssd and there is no difference compared to a hdd.

Another area that I would like to see fixed upon and expanded (I've already made a post earlier in the thread on other stuff) is stats, like world rankings of teams and players. Partnership records etc that we can edit with creating teams in the academy. And also fix the damn selection age bug, how can I pick players when their age doesn't update lol.

But seeing your performance to other players would really add more immersion and significance to what you do on the field as well.

One thing I will note however, a lot of the points you raised would be achieved if Big Ant could release a modders dev kit or something of the like. I'm not sure how hard that is to develop, obviously it would impact multiplayer games as you can't have one person fully modded out against a vanilla game owner. But a modders kit could allow us to do alot the things mentioned here. Like adding crowd sounds, which needs more work as you said, scripting our own cutscenes would be stellar. Even the ability to add to the stadium creator would be game changing - no more gum trees in India lol.

Ricky14

County Cricketer
Include variety of cricket helmets and batting pads, the batting pads which we use in game is more of a vintage ones and the modern batting pads look very small. Sharing few pictures of helmets and pads which can be included in their next project:Vintage.jpg Abion 2.jpg Shrey.jpg Albion 11.jpg Masuri single visor.jpg Morrant.jpg Larsons 1.jpg

zafar_sheikh

Club Captain
The match presentation should be more real....if real cricket 20 and wcc3 can do it than why can't big ant....and also a career mode and manager mode like fifa 20

kamyFC

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Having played multiple games in a 4 day league, i must say Big Ant has really improved the Presentation in Cricket 19.

I hope the next release, will get Big Ant team to focus on AI and GamePlay enhancements.

If we can get AI to make decisions based on situation in-game, that would be an improvement.
Currently its all one dimensional - especially AI Batting.
For example
- Set batsmen in AI batting team should strive to take more strike when with tailenders
- If wickets are falling regularly, AI batting team should try to build partnerships
- AI batting team should accelerate when chasing a total
- AI batting team should have spells of counter attacking in test matches.
- AI bowling should try different things when faced with a long partnership - like bowling wide, bowling bouncers, offside etc.

Also TEAM ID would be fantastic. Where every team would assign a team based AI system to play in their own style.
Big Ant could develop a set of 5-6 team AI systems and teams could use any one of these AI systems.
Will certainly make game more tactical and unpredictable.

For me intelligent AI is the holy grail of sports games. Not many games have cracked it. Maybe its hardest part of game programming?

If Big Ant in the next release solely focuses solely on AI with some gameplay modifications with no presentation updates, licences - that would be okay with me.
In fact i would love it!

Users who are viewing this thread