IPL Sunrisers Hyderabad

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Perera's a terrific hitter, I'd say one of the best few in the world. White looks useful at the top of the order with Dhawan when he comes back, Juneja's given a good show. Quinton de Kock might be useful over Sanga, but Sanga's class. Steyn has been superb. To be completely honest, I'd say that if they can nail their best XI, the Sunrisers are in the hunt to win it.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Yeah, they are. Their best XI imo:

1. Shikhar Dhawan
2. Akshath Reddy
3. Kumar Sangakkara* [overseas]
4. Cameron White [overseas]
5. Hanuma Vihari
6. Thisara Perera [overseas]
7. Parthiv Patel?
8. Amit Mishra
9. Dale Steyn [overseas]
10. Ishant Sharma
11. Anand Rajan

Last edited:

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Shikhar Dhawan
Quinton de Kock (WK)
Cameron White (C)
Hanuma Vihari
Akshath Reddy
Dwaraka Ravi Teja
Thisara Perrera
Amit Mishra
Dale Steyn
Ishant Sharma
Sudeep Tyagi

Their problem is they don't have many Indian batsmen. If they even had one decent Indian middle order batsman, they would be a totally different team. Sangakara just does not fit here. Yes, he is a class act and a good player but he has just failed to improvise for this shorter version. He should watch likes of Mahela Jayawardhne or Rahul Dravid who are pretty much similar batsmen to him but have still managed a decent T20 record.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
You say it as though Sangakkara hasn't got a decent T20 record, it's pretty good actually.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Yes but then when you look at someone like Quinton de Kock who averages around 38 with a strike rate of 141, you have to realize that he is more suited to this format. It's all about giving him a chance to show if he is good enough to perform out there or not because he surely can't do any worse than what Sangakara is doing right now.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Now, de Kock has an amazing T20 record, no question about that, it's just I don't think (captain) Sanga has done bad enough to be dropped.

Anish.

Panel of Selectors
Then they can't drop Styen,Perrera,White either . They've been brilliant , it's the captain who's sucking now .

Anish.

Panel of Selectors
Yes,it is early stages . A couple of games then & I'd drop the overseas .

crazyrahul

Club Cricketer
Quinton de Cock should get one more chance ahead of Sanga and Sammy against KXIP.

Samnatray, Karan Sharma were pretty good in last match. Bowling attack is outstanding. Vihari and Parthiv needs to bat well now. :thumbs

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Hasn't been a good start for de Kock, but I think his T20 record at least warrants a couple of more chances, especially now that he's playing as the wicket-keeper for them.

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Cock should atleast play for keeping the wickets.Parthiv Patel is utter bullshit as a keeper and as a batsman.

crazyrahul

Club Cricketer
SRH must be proud of having Thissara Perera in their line-up. He is also one of the best finishers. Azhar mehmood was clueless yesterday. PK could have won the game for KXIP if he get 19th over. :cheers

Darren Sammy must be thinking whether he will get a game or not in this season??? :D

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Well, they can't play Perera in Chennai, so it's got to be Sammy.

Users who are viewing this thread