IPL Sunrisers Hyderabad

Epic

Panel of Selectors
I really like the side they've been fielding of late with the 4 batsmen(keeper included), 3 all-rounders and 4 bowlers, and more importantly, it's been working for them.

This if you're not aware:

1. Shikhar Dhawan
2. Akshath Reddy
3. Kumar Sangakkara*? [overseas]
4. Hanuma Vihari
5. Darren Sammy [overseas]
6. Thisara Perera [overseas]
7. Ashish Reddy
8. Karan Sharma
9. Amit Mishra
10. Dale Steyn [overseas]
11. Ishant Sharma

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I really like the side they've been fielding of late with the 4 batsmen(keeper included), 3 all-rounders and 4 bowlers, and more importantly, it's been working for them.

This if you're not aware:

1. Shikhar Dhawan
2. Akshath Reddy
3. Kumar Sangakkara*? [overseas]
4. Hanuma Vihari
5. Darren Sammy [overseas]
6. Thisara Perera [overseas]
7. Ashish Reddy
8. Karan Sharma
9. Amit Mishra
10. Dale Steyn [overseas]
11. Ishant Sharma

TBH, I still think De kock needs to be there in place of Sangakara. To me, Sangakara looks like a total mess in this format.

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
De Kock,Kumar Sangakarraa and Cameron White need to stay away from the proceedings if they want to do any good to the SRH team.Maybe De Kock can be tried in 1 or 2 more games but rest two should not be in the scheme of things.Great to see Rowdy Dhawan back :yes

Epic

Panel of Selectors
TBH, I still think De kock needs to be there in place of Sangakara. To me, Sangakara looks like a total mess in this format.

World Cup winning captain Darren Sammy would captain then? :rolleyes

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
World Cup winning captain Darren Sammy would captain then? :rolleyes

If he is playing in the team than what's wrong with having him as a captain? I like him as a captain. At least he contributes better than Sangakara in all the department.

Last edited:

Epic

Panel of Selectors
You know what, I think it could work, but only if de Kock scores some runs this go around...

crazyrahul

Club Cricketer
I don't get why they play Akshath Reddy when they have Parthiv Patel. Though he failed in initial stages, he must get a chance to open with Shikhar.

Vihari is technically strong, liked the way he goes through the inning. But he is more of ODI or Test material. But he has made sure to be there in playing XI for SRH. :thumbs

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

HE was in bad form in IPL 6. But if you watched the recently concluded series against SA. He was a quality player, with some great finishing touches to the innings. He is one of the most experienced players, and having him there will mean chases will be more controlled.

Shift

Banned
It will be good to keep parthiv patel and shikhar dhavan as openers. Sunrisers got luck when sangakkara as a captain but parthiv patel as keeper. But sunrisers only get luck when they get in 120-130. As when vs csk they did 169 also they lose.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
It'll be interesting to see if Brendan Taylor gets a run in this team. You'd probably say that Warner, Finch, Steyn & Sammy are the first choice overseas players and Naman Ohja is not a bad batsmen (not sure what his glove work is like) but he is most likely to keep wicket. Taylor played well in the recent WT20 so hopefully he'll get a chance but i'm struggling to see who'd make way.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
The main question is who will open for Sunrisers? They have 3 first choice openers in Dhawan, Warner and Finch so it will be interesting to see that. I would personally go for Dhawan and Finch and have Warner at one down.

Dhawan (C)
Finch
Warner
Juneja/ Venugopal Rao
Darren Sammy
Naman Ojha (WK)
Irfan Pathan
Bhuvneshwar Kumar
Dale Steyn
Amit Mishra
Karn Sharma

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Brendan Taylor is available for the Sunrisers first match back in India, I wonder if he can break into the team? Darren Sammy hasn't really performed so they could be tempted to gamble and drop him but then that does un balance the line up.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
Darren Sammy hasn't really performed so they could be tempted to gamble and drop him but then that does un balance the line up.
In the last match he played a bit better therefore he will not be dropped.

But I would like to see Taylor getting a chance but instead of whom is a big question.

Users who are viewing this thread