Super Over Field Cricket - The Game - Developer's Blog/Journey

Would you play this game? (Do not worry its anonymous)

• Yes

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Developer's Blog 20th Feb 2017

Well as I mentioned yesterday I have added bowlers to the team. Each team now has two bowlers each having a bowling type either "Nervy", "Optimistic" or "Confident". I need help here. I want to make sure the AI is smart when it bowls. Everyone what do you think those attribute should bowl? Also temporarily I have the connection working where a bowler is selected and based on the skill type deliveries are bowled.

To bring and let everyone know here are the features implemented so far.

1) Selection of player team.
2) Selection of AI/opponent team.
3) Teams are ranked and that helps AI decide the score as well. How often do we see UAE score 20 runs against India or Australia?
4) Bowlers are part of team.
5) Each team has a different colored set for batting.

Coming up next is saving the game stats.

Please friends help me in deciding the skill type effect. Any and all ideas appreciated @Hydron @Jack Ryder @CerealKiller @Sodium @Perfect Square @asprin @Na Maloom Afraad

As again if anyone does not like me tagging do let me know.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
We only have to defend a target in this game right?

I don't understand clearly what's the role of AI in bowling then?

Last edited:

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
We only have to defend a target in this game right?

I don't understand clearly what's the role of AI in bowling then?

^ Same question.
^ Same Question

Yes you all are correct we only have to defend. The bowler I am mentioning here is the one you select to defend the target. Game will become dull if user only gets to select the fielders. The main aim is set appropriate field but if users have a bowler's selection it will add value. Does that answer the question?

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Adding another innings of scoring runs in super over and defending the target posted would be great. The current theme of game seems too dull and boring.

I'm using the term 'boring' to stress out the idea on how boring would it look if we have only one over and that too for defending the AI calculated target. Another innings with option to bat (either chase or defend) based on the toss.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Adding another innings of scoring runs in super over and defending the target posted would be great. The current theme of game seems too dull and boring.

I'm using the term 'boring' to stress out the idea on how boring would it look if we have only one over and that too for defending the AI calculated target. Another innings with option to bat (either chase or defend) based on the toss.
I agree with just super over match and in that if a user cannot bat, will make user think of the game 'boring'.

If somehow you can add batting and toss in the game. That will make the game super interesting with other options like selecting type of bowler and batsmen and field changings.

If you feel I am asking too much. Then Its okay. I am just posting my suggestion.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
I agree with just super over match and in that if a user cannot bat, will make user think of the game 'boring'.

If somehow you can add batting and toss in in the game. That will make the game super interesting with other options like selecting type of bowler and batsmen and field changings.

If you feel I am asking too much. Then Its okay. I am just posting my suggestion.

Adding batting to the game is in my list but I am not sure if that will be possible immediately. For the first iteration of the game I will leave the game to selecting bowler and setting fields. I agree that after a sometime the user's will feel bored. Rest assured this will be continuous development and I will definitely add batting to the game. Implementing toss isnt that big of a deal and should be really easy, the only reason the toss isnt implemented right now is because its of no use. Also in real life Super Over's do not have toss correct?

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Adding batting to the game is in my list but I am not sure if that will be possible immediately. For the first iteration of the game I will leave the game to selecting bowler and setting fields. I agree that after a sometime the user's will feel bored. Rest assured this will be continuous development and I will definitely add batting to the game. Implementing toss isnt that big of a deal and should be really easy, the only reason the toss isnt implemented right now is because its of no use. Also in real life Super Over's do not have toss correct?
Good to know that the game will be in continuous development. After bowling. You can always add batting anytime. :)

If you need any help. Do tell me.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Good to know that the game will be in continuous development. After bowling. You can always add batting anytime. :)

If you need any help. Do tell me.
I like many other developers like @GentlePigeon and kurt are single handed developers. We have no team and we do everything by ourself like coding obviously, graphics, sound etc. I am planning to open up my own gaming company a small one in some months. Hopefully I will hire some folks.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I like many other developers like @GentlePigeon and kurt are single handed developers. We have no team and we do everything by ourself like coding obviously, graphics, sound etc. I am planning to open up my own gaming company a small one in some months. Hopefully I will hire some folks.
That will be cool, challenging and interesting. I always wanted to open a gaming company. :)

I would love to help in game's Graphics etc. But my exams will be held next month. So, I'll be preparing for it in the next few days.

Still consider me as a beta tester.

GentlePigeon

Club Cricketer
I think you should have levels in your game.
For example
Level 1 - Defending 20 runs against an associate team
Level 2 - Defending 15 runs against an associate team
Level 10 - Defending 6 runs against a strong full time member[DOUBLEPOST=1487729303][/DOUBLEPOST]Also what engine are you using? I might be able to suggest you some plugins to ease up your development process.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
I think you should have levels in your game.
For example
Level 1 - Defending 20 runs against an associate team
Level 2 - Defending 15 runs against an associate team
Level 10 - Defending 6 runs against a strong full time member[DOUBLEPOST=1487729303][/DOUBLEPOST]Also what engine are you using? I might be able to suggest you some plugins to ease up your development process.
The sounds cool to be honest. Check your private message :)

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I think there should some "strenghts" of the batsman, so we can set the field acordingly, for example if he is better on the onside than the offside, or if he likes playing the reverse sweep.

Users who are viewing this thread