Sydney announces logo: "Another thing we're the best at"

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Sydney McStallions owner aus5892 has announced another thing that Sydney will be the best at: their logo.

The logo, designed by player KBChandraw, was unveiled today, along with the owner's preseason predictions.

292sizk.jpg

"People think we are getting cocky. I can understand where they're coming from. Jealousy, that's all. We're going to win the league, comprehensively. Heck, they won't even beat us at the logo competition, we've wrapped that up already. Just look at it."

Opening batsman Graeme Smith, who was at the press conference for no apparent reason, was quick to agree.

"What he said I think. The opposition won't get near us. Not even close. They should cancel the season and mail the trophy express post to Sydney. They wasting their time if they think they going to stand a chance."

Last edited:

tassietiger

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
One minor adjustment I'd like to make. Could we have Premiers '08 somewhere on it? It would be remiss to leave it off.

w3lshrugby

Panel of Selectors
Unfortunately, the logo stuff isn't a competition - can't you leave the silly competitiveness out of this :p

:rolleyes:

tassietiger

International Cricketer
Unfortunately, the logo stuff isn't a competition - can't you leave the silly competitiveness out of this :p

:rolleyes:
Okay, we don't win this one. It's not a competition. But just let it be known that if it were a competition, we would have won it.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
They (sic) wasting their time if they think they (sic) going to stand a chance.
You are really missing the point of [sic], what you wanted there was to put the missing words in square brackets as such:
They [are] wasting their time if they think they [are] going to stand a chance.

An appropriate use of sic would be a line like this:
They are wasting their thyme [sic] if they think they they are going to stand a chunce [sic].

A way to remember it is as Spelling Intentionally Changed, as it is pretty much that, you have deliberately spelt something incorrectly for the purposes of accuracy or humour.

Or should you prefer, a dictionary definition:
Sic
?adverb Latin.
so; thus: usually written parenthetically to denote that a word, phrase, passage, etc., that may appear strange or incorrect has been written intentionally or has been quoted verbatim: He signed his name as e. e. cummings (sic).
sic. (n.d.). Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1). Retrieved July 02, 2008, from Dictionary.com website: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sic

tassietiger

International Cricketer
I thought it meant Spelling Is Correct. Anyway, should be Grammar Is Correct or Grammar Intentionally Changed, as they are grammar errors that Graeme Smith pumps out on a regular basis. (gic) it up next time, Dean.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I thought it meant Spelling Is Correct.
Well the spelling isn't correct, but you've intentionally made it incorrect, hence Spelling Intentionally Changed. But whatever works for you, as long as you remember the correct usage it doesn't matter how you achieve it.

Anyway, should be Grammar Is Correct or Grammar Intentionally Changed, as they are grammar errors that Graeme Smith pumps out on a regular basis. (gic) it up next time, Dean.
Isn't "gic" the noise you make if you've drunk too much?

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
I know it's spelt incorrectly, but I thought I'd seen it as spoken incorrectly too, and I wanted to maintain the South African flavour to his speech.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I know it's spelt incorrectly, but I thought I'd seen it as spoken incorrectly too, and I wanted to maintain the South African flavour to his speech.
If it is in quotation marks just write it as he said it, no need to be fancy.

Hitterman

International Coach
Its good but Dublin destroyers and vatican has a better logo.

Users who are viewing this thread