New Stallions Smith and Flintoff: "We're going to win the PCPL"

tassietiger

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
What on earth has happened here? All we said is that we are going to absolutely rip this competition to shreds and leave all competitors in no doubt over whether or not they should have bothered competing, and we're in court now? I can't be bothered reading the articles, somebody wake me up when it's time to make the winning captain's speech.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
I don't think we'll even bother turning up to the final, they can express post us the championship. You can make your speech now if you want.

tassietiger

International Cricketer
Fair enough.

I would like to, on behalf of the Sydney McStallions, thank our sponsors, unfortunately their name escapes me at the moment, but I'll assume that we had sponsors. I'd like to thank the supporters, I know we've let you down by not playing any close games, but it was sometimes pretty enthralling to watch and find out whether or not we would enforce the follow-on or not, as it was always available, and I hope we livened those decisions up enough for you to take that from our season. I'd like to thank the coaching staff, you can now say that you coached the uncoachable, as what can you do when you are given a dozen men who are at the peak of cricketing prowess, really. I'd like to thank my family, particularly my parents, as if they had not given birth to me, then our team wouldn't be quite as strong, and therefore we may have in fact have had to bat twice in certain matches where we chose not to. I'd also like to thank the umpires, it gets tough, raising your arms that many times in one innings, but I believe that every one of those 149 consecutive sixes was a necessary shot, as backed up by the following dot ball, which was a result of the bowler just putting the ball in the right area. Most of all, I'd like to thank the players. Without you, I probably still would have won. But with you it was slightly quicker. Great work boys.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Fair enough.

I would like to, on behalf of the Sydney McStallions, thank our sponsors, unfortunately their name escapes me at the moment, but I'll assume that we had sponsors. I'd like to thank the supporters, I know we've let you down by not playing any close games, but it was sometimes pretty enthralling to watch and find out whether or not we would enforce the follow-on or not, as it was always available, and I hope we livened those decisions up enough for you to take that from our season. I'd like to thank the coaching staff, you can now say that you coached the uncoachable, as what can you do when you are given a dozen men who are at the peak of cricketing prowess, really. I'd like to thank my family, particularly my parents, as if they had not given birth to me, then our team wouldn't be quite as strong, and therefore we may have in fact have had to bat twice in certain matches where we chose not to. I'd also like to thank the umpires, it gets tough, raising your arms that many times in one innings, but I believe that every one of those 149 consecutive sixes was a necessary shot, as backed up by the following dot ball, which was a result of the bowler just putting the ball in the right area. Most of all, I'd like to thank the players. Without you, I probably still would have won. But with you it was slightly quicker. Great work boys.
Brought a tear to my eye, reminded me a lot of the 2007 AFL Grand Final.

Steve Johnson: "To our supporters, you bloody deserve it, this one's for you. And to the boys, great effort. Premiers!

Tom Harley: "To our boys, it was a tough ride, we played hard, plenty of spirit and WE ARE GEELONG!"

GO CATS!!!!!

Sorry, I had a moment there. Where were we?

PS I don't think there's a follow on in Twentyfive25.

tassietiger

International Cricketer
Similarly to that grand final, most people will stop watching our grand final at half time as well.

And if there was a follow on in Twenty25, you can bet your bottom dollar that we'd be able to enforce it every game.

Users who are viewing this thread