PC: T20 Blast Tournament - Series 1 - (Round 2)

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Rizzy, have you used this technique on hard pitches too? The one we played on was soft. Maybe that played a part in this too.

----------

Yeh but we should not ban the slower ball bouncer from the faster bowlers they are fine.

The grey area is the medium pacers.

The run out glitch is a real problem, again in this game I lost 3 wickets because of it, I pressed O to avoid running but still my batsman was for some reason miles out of the crease on the non strikers end.

----------

I guess Luke Wright is not one of the medium bowlers that is a problem.

So bowlers like:

Umar Amin
Bopara
AB Del
Trego

Have posed real problems, only 1 or 2 players I have faced have managed to play the shorter ball bouncers from these type of bowlers.

Agreed. Just got one batsman using slower one of fast bowler. Set him up with two away swingers at pace and the bowled a slower one on the stumps. He played early and missed the ball completely which hit the top of off stump. This kind of wicket off a slower one is acceptable instead of one where ball is reaching on second bounce. :p

RIZZYX

International Coach
Rizzy, have you used this technique on hard pitches too? The one we played on was soft. Maybe that played a part in this too.

I have not really paid any attention to the pitch type I have played on as of yet so not sure if there is any difference.

Will you guys be around at around 9pm BST tomorrow, I will be on till late so can fit in a rematch for both you guys @AngryPixel @SamP

Looking forward to both encounters.

Just to clarify, from my available non spin bowlers

Morkel
Cummins
Topley
Azhar Mahmood
Kabir Ali
Bopara

Bopara is the one I will avoid using the slower ball bouncer with, Azhar Mahmood is medium fast in the game so he should be fine. (Will test it him out a bit more to see if that is not the case)

Last edited:

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Just a note, others teams aren't correctly attributed yet and I can get them done this weekend as it's fairly easy seeming as most of them have a decent base :).

I should be available around that time Rizzyx so will give you a fairer rematch if I am ;).

Lebanna

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Birmingham Bears had another online warm up game today, this time around we got thrashed against an All Time Best Pakistan side.

That brings us back down to earth after the victory against Southampton the other night.

On a plus note, I have figured how to ball faaaaast. Exciting prospect now with Morkell, Topley and Cummins, may go for all 3 in a few games. Needs more practice yet though bowling too many no balls and finding it hard to control the swing, but we can only get better from here.

I have to say us PS3 guys have a massive advantage over the PC only guys as we would have had 2 months worth of game play.

I think may be the PC tournament should be held back to about a month after PC release to give the rest of the guys a chance to catch up, what do you guys think?

Just to be difficult can I agree and disagree with this?

I think it would help a lot to even the playing field as the PC players are going to be miles behind you PS3/Xbox players so that month would at least allow us to have a chance against you.

But delaying it by a month puts it into July and well that month is quite busy for me with my wedding!

That said though, I should still be able to play almost every week except the 2nd to last (honeymoon) but I wont necessarily be able to update the spreadsheet each week. Once I'm back from honeymoon though I'll update it with everything thats been missed :)

On that spreadsheet @SamP do you have the fixture list? I'm going to be adapting my IPL2013 spreadsheet for this tournament as there were 9 teams last year. I presume we are all playing home & away against each other? Or did we decide something else? Its not a problem if we did, just requires a touch more rework to get it right :)

RIZZYX

International Coach
Just a note, others teams aren't correctly attributed yet and I can get them done this weekend as it's fairly easy seeming as most of them have a decent base :).

I should be available around that time Rizzyx so will give you a fairer rematch if I am ;).

@SamP

You still available for our game?

I should be on in about an hour.

Should be a much closer game, now that the PCC (Planet Cricket Council) has deemed Ravi Bopara's key wicket taking tactics as illegal lol

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
@SamP

You still available for our game?

I should be on in about an hour.

Should be a much closer game, now that the PCC (Planet Cricket Council) has deemed Ravi Bopara's key wicket taking tactics as illegal lol

Haha, yep, I'll be there mate :p.

RIZZYX

International Coach
Haha, yep, I'll be there mate :p.

@SamP

Do you know if there is anyway I can play around with my field settings and save it allowing me to select that field option whenever i want?

It is really annoying having to play around with the fielding during a match, especially considering it has to be done for every bowler.

Also coming back to the fielding restrictions from our previous game, I think we should not put any restriction other than the usual 1-6 powerplay overs on because this removes some of the default fielding options which do not violate the restrictions. Like pace defense 9 which has 4 fielders outside the circle?

Every T20 game I have played so far has been fine, I could chose any field setting from the default option without having more than 4 out of the ring.

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
@SamP

Do you know if there is anyway I can play around with my field settings and save it allowing me to select that field option whenever i want?

It is really annoying having to play around with the fielding during a match, especially considering it has to be done for every bowler.

Also coming back to the fielding restrictions from our previous game, I think we should not put any restriction other than the usual 1-6 powerplay overs on because this removes some of the default fielding options which do not violate the restrictions. Like pace defense 9 which has 4 fielders outside the circle?

Every T20 game I have played so far has been fine, I could chose any field setting from the default option without having more than 4 out of the ring.

Think T20's are normally 5 out the circle instead of 4 so I'll adjust the game options for that now and see if that solves the problem :yes. Not a clue about saving field types, I'd have thought there would be but I haven't really looked into it personally.

Edit : Appears you can create new fields under 'fielding' in the academy :).

Last edited:

RIZZYX

International Coach
Think T20's are normally 5 out the circle instead of 4 so I'll adjust the game options for that now and see if that solves the problem :yes. Not a clue about saving field types, I'd have thought there would be but I haven't really looked into it personally.

Edit : Appears you can create new fielders under 'fielding' in the academy :).

Cheers, will have a look when i come online now.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Yes it is possible. I've saved 4 custom fields which i use all the time ;)

RIZZYX

International Coach
^ I saved two fields by using the create new field option in CA but when i started the gane against SamP i could not find them.

Where do you they appear? Under the all field options?

Or maybe i should go back to CA and replace a default field and that might work?

I really need to sort this, because it is drivinge nuts changing the field in game, and sure it really annoys my oppenent.

----------

Also i will be online within the next hour.

You free for a game @AngryPixel.

Need to finish off a game with Southampton aswell.

I need to chase down 98. Currently am 30 odd for 1 inside the first 6.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread