Taking a break (UPDATE)

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
You know, I'm not sure I actually have pictures of the food... I'm sure the photographer might have taken out some. But the official pictures will take at least another week to come.

But I can list the menu... we got married in a hotel ballroom so the Hilton catered the food for us.

Pakora
Smoked salmon blini

Caesar salad
Pasta salad

Grilled mahi mahi with pineapple salsa
Chicken roulade with tomato and mozzarella stuffing
Rice pilaf
Grilled vegetables

Fresh fruit salad
Cheesecake
Chocolate torte

Everyone said the food was top class, even for Hilton. But I guess because it wasn't a huge event (we had 35 guests due to covid restrictions...I think we would have had the same number even without the restrictions anyway) I guess that the smaller number of guests meant that they could focus on ensuring the meal was of a higher quality rather than having to cook for, say, 100 people. Plus we had the only event going on that day in the entire hotel. So they only had us to cater for that day itself.

Last edited:

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
You guys know that the ICC under 19 World Cup is happening in the west indies, it's in the final stages now but for the Trinidad stage the teams were staying in the same Hilton hotel. They were in their own bubble so we couldn't interact with them directly.

Just after the ceremony, the photographer wanted us to take out a few pictures just outside the hall we just got married and everything. And who will walk in after covering a match... my favourite Cricketer ever...Sir Curtly Ambrose. He's in West Indian kit, he's walking with his bag... he says "oh no do not take out no pictures of me I will break the camera" and I'm just in awe. All I can say is hi sir Mr ambrose...I got to meet my personal fav Cricketer on my wedding day. He didn't stay, but I didn't harass him either I just let him do his thing... that guy is super tall I have no idea how guys used to face him. He still has this presence even walking into an elevator.

I'm glad I was able to at least see him up close and that he talked to me. True legend of the game and he talked to me!

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Champions League Winner
Avengers
You guys know that the ICC under 19 World Cup is happening in the west indies, it's in the final stages now but for the Trinidad stage the teams were staying in the same Hilton hotel. They were in their own bubble so we couldn't interact with them directly.

Just after the ceremony, the photographer wanted us to take out a few pictures just outside the hall we just got married and everything. And who will walk in after covering a match... my favourite Cricketer ever...Sir Curtly Ambrose. He's in West Indian kit, he's walking with his bag... he says "oh no do not take out no pictures of me I will break the camera" and I'm just in awe. All I can say is hi sir Mr ambrose...I got to meet my personal fav Cricketer on my wedding day. He didn't stay, but I didn't harass him either I just let him do his thing... that guy is super tall I have no idea how guys used to face him. He still has this presence even walking into an elevator.

I'm glad I was able to at least see him up close and that he talked to me. True legend of the game and he talked to me!
You are one lucky guy not gonna lie.

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
The wife was saying who is he he plays cricket? I'm like hun if he plays cricket that is one of the cricket legends who just passed us and gave well wishes. Babe that's sir curtly ambrose, I'm still geeking out here my love that is a guy that was so amazing. She asked me so he used to play cricket I'm like if he used to play cricket, lovey that is a man who was literally the best bowler ever as far as I'm concerned. He's so amazing... she said but the guys who throw the ball are always so aggressive. I said that's on the field of play love, he's such a great guy. But you have to understand he's tired he's been watching and commentating cricket all day we don't need to bother him. He's a lion on the field but a kitten off of it. We'll leave him alone. He just wants to go to his room and relax.

Still, I met my absolute fav Cricketer and I have no words again to describe it.

My wedding day was the absolute best and I'll share one picture when we woke up the next morning. Whether you believe in God or not... this was so special to me to wake up and see this outside.

20220130_072958.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread