India
And @MadhavanGovind Very Good and Mysterious SF
I think you have thought to make the cinematography more interesting
Better than The Previous One
And the guy in specs who saved him(wounded man) acted almost perfect
Keep this up

RPHKR

National Board President
Pisasu is good one-time watch. Heard Tamizhukku En Ondrai azhuthavum is fine.
Don't waste your time on Valiyavan. It's Maan Karate mish-mashed with Eng. Eppothum.

RPHKR

National Board President
Yesterday I watched two films one by one in a multiplex.

OK Kanmani - When we enter the movie, there's some enthusiasm. The movie starts with credits and a video game running. When the player of the game reaches his objective, he wants to play again. Game reboots. That's how the film started. In the end of the film, that's how we feel. We gonna do a reboot and watch it again.

And we have such a nice CBFC which gives a 'U' for Anjaan and UA for OKK. Yeah maybe, some sort of intelligence is needed to slowly sync and appreciate the writing. This film doesn't introduce the characters with a voice behind. When Dulquer gets a new room Prakash Raj's house, we don't know how he would be. There comes the narrative, the dialogues. When Dulquer and Prakash Raj speak, we know how strict he would be. Yeah we travel in a journey with the characters. When the lead knows something new, we too.
Nithya Menen, the Mazhai Varum Ariguri fame. It's a dream role for her. At one point she says, "Video game design panravangala namba koodathu sonnaru", we laugh with her. At one point she cries, by watching her, we become sad. When actors emotions inflicts emotions, it proves that they've done a great job.

At the same day, I saw two sides of the cinema. One is class, other is some below mediocrity. Two contrasts, one is close to natural, the other is far from natural.
One ran on a single screen in a theatre. The other ran on three screens. So okay, I'm on the side of minority.

Kanchana 2 - If you have watched Kanchana, here the director attempted the same template. Comedy(?), horror(?), flashback, then some sort of pei song and climax. All are so unnatural.
The film ends, "Muni-4 Coming soon". Within split seconds, I decided never ever to watch it. It doesn't make me to wait for it. But it serves as a warning for me, never watch the Muni series again.
"Enna ma ipdi panreengale ma" that dialog came at the beginning of the movie. Maybe that should be right at the end, "enna ma ipdi panreengale ma", "ipdi poi padam edukkureengale ma".
It's clear that this film is a hit.

But, "When you're at the side of majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

Hariharan.

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Enna ma ipdi panreengale ma" that dialog came at the beginning of the movie. Maybe that should be right at the end, "enna ma ipdi panreengale ma", "ipdi poi padam edukkureengale ma".
Police ah koopduven :P
Nice review bro Really liked it :)

Rohith.

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
CSK
Profile Flag
England
Any tamilian still alive here...????

B24ErEsFuywOzQePJuZoDoYrcrBnaSpcnJEbiVto28xKdb6SEGNSY6ZRPFBUOrN_rKgT4PudYGZUPWPEDe8uvtH2-7lgp_dbK4TtIKCTl2zDm5wIxguHYYc=w156-h143-nc

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
Any tamilian still alive here...????

B24ErEsFuywOzQePJuZoDoYrcrBnaSpcnJEbiVto28xKdb6SEGNSY6ZRPFBUOrN_rKgT4PudYGZUPWPEDe8uvtH2-7lgp_dbK4TtIKCTl2zDm5wIxguHYYc=w156-h143-nc
This forum is not that popular anyway.See it took about half a month for me to notice your reply;I am not a Tamilan anyway but a malayali Vijay fan who comes out to comment in these forums when a Vijay release is approaching.

So anyone with any expectations on Puli?The songs are depressing but the team looks good enough to give a good film if not a blockbuster.

Rohith.

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
CSK
Profile Flag
England
Vijay fan???? :facepalm

I hate him and I was a contributor to the most disliked trailer

Screenshot_2015-08-22-15-24-23.png

BTW I'm a Ajith and Dhanush fan

And I do see some Malayalam movies especially some Nivin Pauly's ;)

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
Vijay fan???? :facepalm

I hate him and I was a contributor to the most disliked trailer

View attachment 154155

BTW I'm a Ajith and Dhanush fan

And I do see some Malayalam movies especially some Nivin Pauly's ;)
Puli might not be a hit but I liked films of Vijay like Kaththi,Thuppakki etc.Anyway I am not interested in that age old Vijay vs Surya/Ajith arguments.

Just heard about KO2 coming up.I like KO,hope this movie too would be good.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Puli will open huge. I am waiting eagerly for it. After a good amount of time, Vijay is trying something very different, a fantasy fiction film with loads of special effects. Btw, I am a big time Vijay fan. I am way past the days of the Vijay vs Ajith wars too. Each one has their strengths and weakness. Neither are great actors, but both have great screen presence and massive fan following. Off late, Ajith has been playing the "good guy" card pretty well with many celebrities hailing him for his good human nature (e.g. making biryani on sets, helping people with photography, etc.). He is smart! But Ajith cant tickle the funny bone, and Ajith's romantic times might be over (the graduation to salt n pepper could spell doom to that). Vijay will keep his very strong family audience also at his side with his dance, comedy and romance. And Vijay has started experimenting now and is moving more towards urbane films which should consolidate and strengthen his fan base.

Puli might not be a hit but I liked films of Vijay like Kaththi,Thuppakki etc.Anyway I am not interested in that age old Vijay vs Surya/Ajith arguments.

Just heard about KO2 coming up.I like KO,hope this movie too would be good.

Puli has everything to be a hit. It has a great starcast (Vijay, Sridevi, Sudeep, Shruthi, Hansika), it has an interesting fantasy angle to it with very good visuals (both trailers have displayed it). The negative is the songs of DSP, but if he can resurrect it with the BGM, it will be a hit.

Any reviews about Trisha Illena Nayanthara? Getting extreme reviews about it. @SaiSrini

If you call that "cinema", its an insult to cinema. Heard that its very offensive and derogatory towards women. I am not watching that! Its time even men like us give the appropriate respect by not watching such films.

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yes. I skipped watching that Trisha Illena Nayanthara. In fact skipped all movies. Probably the next movie I am waiting for is Kabali :D

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
Watched Puli.Should say it was below par.Well the settings are good and Vijay is OK with his performance but the storyline is too weak.A lag is always felt in the first half.The disappointment created in first half prevents you from enjoying a better second half.Overall the movie just couldn't satisfy even the fans who were looking for a film which could at least match Kaththi.

Users who are viewing this thread