Tamil Music/Movie Thread

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
Just leave reviews but I would say they aren't that boring as many "expert" review suggests.Yes its not very interesting but not that disappointing as well.It is no Bahubali but a film to watch for those with zero expectations and looking to spend time on an entertaining movie.The thing with these media sites is that all they want is more viewership and for that they do make things look better/worse than they actually are.Just read the comments here
Rate 'Puli' here - The Hindu

Leave out the Vijay fans" comment who says it is excellent but look at the rest who watched the film,they all say its not that great but not that bad either.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Puli was disappointment considering the fact that Chimbudeven is known for some good films like Irumbu Kottai Murattu Singam, etc. The screenplay and the story were very weak. The first half took its own sweet time to unfold. The second half was marginally better, but again the script was a complete let down. Also Chimbudeven compromised a lot to include Vijay's commercial elements (punch dialogues with political undertones, dance, comedy, etc.). Music was nothing good at all, and the acting (par Vijay, Sudeep, Sridevi and Thambi Ramaiah) was mediocre to poor. The VFX and art work was very good, but again, they were band aids for a wound that from the first place was a deep one.

Vijay did well for his role, but being a mass hero, if he cannot compromise on his commercial elements and forces directors to include them, he better stick to the kind of films that has made him the superstar that he is today! Experiments like this should not be half baked. You either do full justice to it or you don't attempt it at all. As a Vijay fan, I liked the attempt but was disappointed that it was not a total attempt, but just a half baked one.

1.5/5

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
Watched Puli,it's a good attempt considering the investment made.Enjoyed it even though some scenes are craps.3/5(I am a Thala fan,even though it's not a mokka movie like others are mentioning)

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
Watched Puli,it's a good attempt considering the investment made.Enjoyed it even though some scenes are craps.3/5(I am a Thala fan,even though it's not a mokka movie like others are mentioning)
Finally got someone to say this.(except Vijay fans)

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Naanum Rowdy Dhaan teaser is super!! Vijay Sethupathy and Nayanthara rock in that teaser. Also the songs from the movie have been really good so far! After a bad outing in Maari, Anirudh comes back with a bang through a mix of variety in the songs of the album! Best is the melody "Neeyum Naanum" (sung by Neeti Mohan and Anirudh) and then "Yennai Maatrum Kaadhale" (sung by Sid Sriram of Adiye fame).

Vedalam teaser was pretty bad! Ajith's voice modulation in the teaser was so unbearable. The background track (Anirudh) sounded interesting, but the story sounded another one of those "revenge sagas". Not looking forward to the film as much as the music. P.s: I don't hate Ajith. I've loved Mankatha and liked Aarambam in bits recently.

RPHKR

National Board President
Hey guys, wassup. Saw 10 enrathukulla. During interval, I thought I should return home, 10 enrathukulla.

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
Hey guys, wassup. Saw 10 enrathukulla. During interval, I thought I should return home, 10 enrathukulla.
I was about to watch it but had a narrow escape.Thought it would be a good movie especially being a movie of selective Vikram.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Naanum Rowdy Dhaan - Laugh riot! One of the best entertainers in recent times. The dialogues and the acting are all a scream! Nayanthara in her lifetime performance as a hearing impaired girl - Deglamourised for a change, emotes beautifully. Vijay Sethupathy back in form with his witty mannerisms and natural acting. Parthiban steals the show with a superlative performance as the comic villian. The supporting cast of RJ Balaji, Anandraj, Mansoor Ali Khan all deliver stomach hurting humor performances. The music and BGM by Anirudh is superb (Kannaane Kanne song is truly heart wrenching when watched with the film; Thangamey and Neeyum Naanum are already huge chartbusters). Negatives - Double meaning dialogues here and there (film completely targeted at youth audiences), logical loopholes (people never seem to get old in this movie as years progress :lol). Overall, great way to enjoy a movie with friends or girlfriend (if ur family is open with 1 or 2 double meaning dialogues, enjoy with family too).

Rating: 4.2/5

Vedalam Songs - Utter average music album from Anirudh. Compared to his work with Vijay in Kaththi (which was excellent), his output for Ajith falls short big time. Only the melody (Uyir Nadhi Kalangudhe) and Aaluma Doluma are listenable. That Shruthi Haasan song (Dont you Mess with Me) is a ear pain. Anirudh needs to understand that this "thara local" genre does not suit him at all (Maari, now Vedalam). He needs to focus on albums which are a mix of kuthu, melody and other genres.

2/5

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
Naanum Rowdy Dhaan is the best entertainment movie of the year, the way the story travels & the comedy are superb! 4.7/5

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
Watched Vedhalam 3.25/5 better than veeram, family entertainer, ajith show all the way, anirudh bgm & songs are mass. Worth watch.
Only draw back is soori's comedy.
[HASHTAG]#ThalaDiwali[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#Theri[/HASHTAG]

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Thoongavanam - Superb thriller from Kamal! His best film after Vettaiyaadu Vilayadu. His acting was just theri in a lot of scenes. The screenplay and the dialogues are the other huge plus points. A slight dip in pace in 2nd half, but once the stunt sequences start, it is back again. Trisha is decent (though she has a meaty role), Prakashraj, Kishore and Yugi Sethu are very good. Superb BG score and music by Ghibran. Definite watch for everyone, feast for Kamal fans.

4.2/5

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
Thoongavanam - Superb thriller from Kamal! His best film after Vettaiyaadu Vilayadu. His acting was just theri in a lot of scenes. The screenplay and the dialogues are the other huge plus points. A slight dip in pace in 2nd half, but once the stunt sequences start, it is back again. Trisha is decent (though she has a meaty role), Prakashraj, Kishore and Yugi Sethu are very good. Superb BG score and music by Ghibran. Definite watch for everyone, feast for Kamal fans.

4.2/5
Could you please tell what is the meaning of "theri" in tamil ? It's meaning in malayalam isn't a good one,that's why asking.

Users who are viewing this thread