teach me how to bowl

sap_iias

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
i can't bowl anyone out in test matches i have to autoplay everytime since the cpu batsman just block and block and block and when i bowl some wide deliverirs they leave they block and once in a million time they play shot but never gets an edge its very hard to have edge in green pitches too when my bowler has all abilities 100 and i am bolwing against an bangladesh batsman anyone can pls tell me how to take wickets pls

For taking wickets I use variable length and mostly keeps the ball just outside off stump. When Computer drives to score after initial leaves, there is always chances of edges. Moreover the bowling in the game is difficult and needs practise to bowl opposition out early.

Please visit my story below and help me with some suggestions.

its important to vary the line and length alot, but not necessarily every ball. Just look at the way flintoff completely scared the Aussie batsmen to death yesterday, he mixed it up from everywhere, and they couldnt handle it. So a good thing is to perhaps bowl a similar line one over then change the next, especially when they start being adventurous with their shots, they do miss you know. Also remember, you're not going to constantly bowl out the best sides for 100. Good luck!

sap_iias said:
i can't bowl anyone out in test matches i have to autoplay everytime since the cpu batsman just block and block and block and when i bowl some wide deliverirs they leave they block and once in a million time they play shot but never gets an edge its very hard to have edge in green pitches too when my bowler has all abilities 100 and i am bolwing against an bangladesh batsman anyone can pls tell me how to take wickets pls
It was happening with me, i was bowling them at 33/2 early on but then went to 156/2. I just kept going at it and then i dropped a edge :( The very next bowl i put some spin on it and it worked like a charm. Anothere dge but this time i caught it. Now there 207/7

Something i have tried is to bowl a full toss every now and then and take all the pace of the ball. it wont work everytime but now and then it seems to do the trick for me to take a wicket

quite ofen if a batsman is hitting a lot of straight drives and especially back foot shots, a full toss or slower ball can catch them out as they hit either to the bowler or high in the air with not much power on it.

Ive just bowled aus out in the 2nd ashes test in the first innings, at 11.30am on day 2. It was looking pretty bad, Gilchrist went very well when he came in and clarke was there. They were 371/5 and then on day 2 in the 1st over I got Gilchrist and the wickets fell regularly. All out for 388 in the end. Now I have a heck of a run chase on. Was chasing 292 in the first test to win, and got bowled out 60 odd short :(

It's frustrating when you can't get wickets, but just persevere, and it is so satisfying when you get your man, especially if it's Gilchrist advancing down the wicket, missing and having his stumps smashed...:D

if you whant to get tons of wickets go to my thread bowling trick

so after hearing u all i got only 1 impression that bowling is much more difficult than batting lol its like real life rite :) :p :crying

BODYLINE!

Is how I've been getting my wickets. New to this but playing a test against Bangledesh at Lords, managed to make over 350 in my first innings which I was pleased with and bowled out them for 107 with Harmison taking 7 for 37! I basically line 4 fielders up on the leg side catching for the mistimed hook and constantly bowl at the batsmens body, I seem to hit them loads (which is always good) yet eventually they succomb to the closed eyed hook straight to square leg/backward square leg/leg gully and OUT! Not sure if it will work so well against better opposition but certainly done the trick against Bangledesh

Cuzer

yep have a square leg and a leg gully and every now and then give em a bouncer pitched on off stump or a good length ball on middle stump. its stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread