Team Renaming Success ||IPL Banglore Squad Preview||

kills999

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well I hv managed to Rename a alredy created team!!!!

Using a hex editor!
OK heres a scrennie:

donewu3.jpg

I hv made Bermuda Into Mumbai.

Also this is not giving a runtime error in the player Editor as renaming in notepad was giving.

How I did this willl be posted soon.

Problems:

Game doesnt load just black screen. So can som1 try out theis TeamAndPlayerInfo.bag?

BACK UP!!!!!!!UR ORIGINAL FILE!!!!

Attachments

• TeamAndPlayerInfo.rar
    39.5 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
As far as i know a note pad type software and Kills excellent work mate hope to see more Success (you spell wrong :p)

kills999

Club Cricketer
Nice but can you tell em what is a hex editor?

A hex editor is a software that can open anyfile in binary format i.e in 0 1 format. I hv posted how I did IT.

As far as i know a note pad type software and Kills excellent work mate hope to see more Success (you spell wrong :p)

Yea wrong spelling.But anyway once I hv renamed the game doesnt load.

I did it like this:

Heres a screniee of a hex editor:(I hv atached the software below)

hexbh6.jpg

On the left is binary mode of the file but u dont need to bother with tnat.

On the right is AsCII mode i.e the software converts the 0's and 1's into characters or letters.

All u hv to do is select a letter on the lright and then type in the letter of ur choice:cheers:cheers

Attachments

• xvi32.zip
    493.6 KB · Views: 88

kills999

Club Cricketer
well yes but when I strt the game after editing it frezzes so has any1 else tried out the roster?

Well I hv managed to Rename Bangladesh to banglore and heres a ingame preview.

Attachments

• sud nag.JPG
    sud nag.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Good to see you get to change the Name.
Waiting for the Full patch.

kills999

Club Cricketer
Well thats the in match name. i hv managed to edit that but when i change the name in the menu part the game freezes after the Codemaster video so still stuuck there.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Well where you might be going wrong is this - I noticed your hex file and what it does is rename the "File Path" to the teaminfo.dat file, so I guess you need to make the corresponding change in the teamandplayer.bag file or whatever.

kills999

Club Cricketer
Well where you might be going wrong is this - I noticed your hex file and what it does is rename the "File Path" to the teaminfo.dat file, so I guess you need to make the corresponding change in the teamandplayer.bag file or whatever.

Well what hv noticed is that the word Bangladesh and all other teams r srored in two places:
1)the file path u mentioned
2)And if u extract a Teaminfo.dat of bangladesh and open it with a hex editor
and see ithe first word its "Bagladesh"

If i change The name in the TEamifo.dat it changes the name of the team in the match.(I hv manged to do this)

So to change the name of team while selecting it from menu i thought ill change the file path but that causes the game to freeze after the Codemasters video.

max_dillon2007

School Cricketer
Success in ipl teams

try this:
1) apply the ipl kits to the respective teams, ex bermuda-->banglore.
2) change all the players of bermuda to the respective players of bangalore using player editor.(do this for all teams).
3) now just create custom team.ex bangalore, and import all the players from the bermuda team. do this for all teams.

ther you go, now you only need to start matches in balanced mode and yo got ipl teams with correct players as well as kits.(kits are correct in custom teams coz,when you applied kit of bangalore to bermuda the kit file is attached to each player of the team,now you have imported the players from bermuda into the custom team named bangalore so bermuda kit is applied which is bangalore kit.

hope this helps and save a lot of work for you..

see yaa.

max_dillon2007

School Cricketer
Well what hv noticed is that the word Bangladesh and all other teams r srored in two places:
1)the file path u mentioned
2)And if u extract a Teaminfo.dat of bangladesh and open it with a hex editor
and see ithe first word its "Bagladesh"

If i change The name in the TEamifo.dat it changes the name of the team in the match.(I hv manged to do this)

So to change the name of team while selecting it from menu i thought ill change the file path but that causes the game to freeze after the Codemasters video.

what did you replace to get banglore ingame name. i opened teamandplayerinfo with XVI32 and replaced the Bermuda\Teaminfo.dat with Mumbai\Teaminfo.dat. but when i try to run the game, it freezes after codemaster video. i tried to open teaminfo.dat of bermuda and rename bermuda to mumbai there, this time around ame starts, but crashes during the loading of a match. although when i selected team mumbai name shows up during the player selection. helppppppp

Users who are viewing this thread