Terrible pieces of sportsmanship in cricket - disgraceful Randiv

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
What's Sehwag really going to not get from Randiv bowling the no-ball in all honesty? He's gonna miss out on another 6 runs to a career tally and another 1 added to his 100's column.

In all honesty, he hasn't just lost his life cos someone bowled a no-ball. I mean he's got 12 of them, 12/13 does it really make much difference in the end?

Why some of you making it sound like, this doesn't matter at all? I mean it's not a big deal. But it still matters, just a little.

There is nothing in it for the bowler, why should do that?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The rule is the one to blame here. If the no-ball is added to Sehwag's number of balls faced, he should be given the runs that he scores off it (even if it means India end up 5-6 runs ahead of Sri Lanka). Its a bad rule where the no-ball finishes the match but the runs scored are not added.

Whats there for Randiv to avoid giving a century to Sehwag? Anyway his team had lost the match badly and that 1 run to Sehwag would not have made a difference to the result.

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
Just to rat him out, he knicked this from the cricinfo live feed.
Hardly relevant. It was a fact and he cited the initial source, ie. the scorecard...either way, hardly relevant.

@Dare: It was in Sri Lanka's interests to delay the game, to hamper India's net runrate. Last 5 ovs India had scored 40/0 @ RR 8.00. India were upping the ante towards the end, obviously Sehwag took a couple of balls to choose the right one to smash for a six, unfortunately it was the big ass no ball that he picked.

xvalerianx

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Does any one feel that Sangakara let go the four byes on purpose? :facepalm

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
Why some of you making it sound like, this doesn't matter at all? I mean it's not a big deal. But it still matters, just a little.

There is nothing in it for the bowler, why should do that?
Exactly. Everyone knows it's just one run, but that one run means something, whatever you say. Every cricketer likes to get a ton, even Sehwag. I have no doubt he wouldn't have said no to another run , it's just that he's being a polite man.

It does matter. May not be a huuuge deal. But it does matter.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
@Dare: It was in Sri Lanka's interests to delay the game, to hamper India's net runrate. Last 5 ovs India had scored 40/0 @ RR 8.00. India were upping the ante towards the end, obviously Sehwag took a couple of balls to choose the right one to smash for a six, unfortunately it was the big ass no ball that he picked.

India already had the bonus point. There was nothing in it for India or Sri Lanka. What net run rate India had didn't even matter to Sri Lanka.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just to rat him out, he knicked this from the cricinfo live feed.

You rat:p

When India was down 9 wickets in the econd innings of the match and Murali still needed another wicket for 800, had batsman just nudged the nall near pitch and started running, would lankans have ran him out or allowed him to run for the sake of murali's 800 :P If they had then batsman can just keep on running 1,2,3,4,5,6,7....:laugh He woould say to lankans" I dare you to run me out :P"

xvalerianx

Club Captain
You rat:p

When India was down 9 wickets in the econd innings of the match and Murali still needed another wicket for 800, had batsman just nudged the nall near pitch and started running, would lankans have ran him out or allowed him to run for the sake of murali's 800 :P If they had then batsman can just keep on running 1,2,3,4,5,6,7....:laugh He woould say to lankans" I dare you to run me out :P"

This is the best post in the entire topic. :D:D

Harrypotter_fan

Panel of Selectors
Don't understand how the ball gets in Sehwag's stats. Does it in the bowler's too? If India technically won the match just after the noball was bowled, Sehwag has not faced it, has he? Also a not so relevent doubt, when a batsman is hit on the pads in line and then gets bowled, is he out lbw as it happened before the ball hit the wicket? I remember it being this way in EA Cricket 2000.

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
Don't understand how the ball gets in Sehwag's stats. Does it in the bowler's too? If India technically won the match just after the noball was bowled, Sehwag has not faced it, has he? Also a not so relevent doubt, when a batsman is hit on the pads in line and then gets bowled, is he out lbw as it happened before the ball hit the wicket? I remember it being this way in EA Cricket 2000.
Nope, in that case the Laws stipulate that the batsman is out bowled.

P

pcfan123

It was poor sportsmanship but it happens. Sehwag doesn't seem to care so why should I? I'm supporting India, not Sehwag.

/end

If Sehwag don't care then who gives a ████ what the fans think. Randiv is legend.

India won the game, isnt that what matters?

King Cricket

International Coach
The underarm incident will certainly be there at the top of my list of worst incidents. This thread actually urged me to check out a video of that ball on Youtube, and...well, it was just disgraceful.

As for the games I've seen live, maybe the events in the lead up to the 2008 Sydney Test of BG trophy, during it, and after the match can count as the worst cricketing moments. Before anyone pounces on me, let me clear the air by saying that I'm talking about both the teams here, not one nation in particular.

Users who are viewing this thread