TES 5: Skyrim

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I was around level 3 when I took on my first one (the first one in the main quest). If you're in a group then you should be fine.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I am on level 11 but exploring the side quests a lot. I have not advanced that much into main quest. Loving it so far. I think I should go slay some dragon now :D

----------

I have so far learnt three shouts

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
This game is infuriating. I find myself sinking the hours in despite not even enjoying it.

It's like all the previous years of sinking hours into Fallout, Oblivion and Morrowind have forced me to play this through.

The actual gameplay/story/script is for the most part substandard at best, laughably bad at worse. Whilst trying to stick to doing some quests I couldn't have been more bored. No way of playing situations out differently, no consequences for actions or choices. Incredibly dull combat. Missions that are 99% - Go to A, return to B, Maybe have to go to C.... annnnnd repeat.

I've pretty much abandoned the quests, and I'm just roaming the world doing nothing but smithing and enchanting.

It's like the world is massive, but nothing really happens, and there's nothing that interesting to do. I guess after sinking so many hours into Oblivion before it, the gameplay would always run the risk of feeling stale, but I just can't see how this is nearly everywheres game of the year. Dark Souls trumps it in pretty much every area, and I would say that only a few technical faults hold it back from being game of this console generation.

(That last point is made somewhat ironically, considering Skyrim has been plagued by random amusing bugs since release, and is actually almost unplayable after a while on the Ps3).

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
The immediate 'big release must-buy-now' urge to buy this game has subsided - but I am 100% going to buy it at some point - that may or may not be before the GoTY edition comes along that will have all the DLC and most of the bugs squished. :)

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
It's like the world is massive, but nothing really happens, and there's nothing that interesting to do. I guess after sinking so many hours into Oblivion before it, the gameplay would always run the risk of feeling stale, but I just can't see how this is nearly everywheres game of the year.

I've been trying to make excuses for it for ages but this just sums up how I feel perfectly. I was expecting the greatest game ever after Oblivion and Fallout 3, but it's just, well, boring.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
:lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread