Test Match Tips and Killers.....And all Questions answered!

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Guys dunno if this will be moved or not but heres a little information on test matches.

The game it self is superb and ODI's etc dont need to be worried about.

I have played the game for about 30 hours now and had a couple of cracking test matches. and completed bowling to the AI on more than 8 occasions.

However with any game there are a few things that need to be adjusted to get the best and most "fun" match.

Firstly i have seen everything... top edges caught at fine leg, or gone for six and four etc.

To start with ill quickly mention the stats!

Clearly people are having good games involving the Indians. This is no coincidence as they are rated 86 for batting which is the highest of all the sides.

I have adjusted all the teams batting to between 84-86 now and the improvement is staggering. This was also backed up by SRK.

His experiment was the following:

Bowling to New Zealand first of: Had them 46-6

After changing stats and restarting on same pitch they were 195-3 going at 3.6. which im sure your agree is the ultimate test match progress.

It appears that instead of 250 being the average test match score, its more 140-180.

So by upping the stats you get your 220-400 scores.

I also like i said had India 675-6 and i could not buy a wicket.

Following on from this certain things that can stuff the AI are :

Short Cover: Guys it will get the AI out regulary, i know we should not have to compensate by adjusting things, but without it your already have a better match.

3rd Slip: Suprisingly this little blighter causes the AI all sorts of problems. For some reason he takes a silly amount of catches to the odd late cut shot down to 3rd man. I opeted for two slip and a gully instead. Not ideal but I have produced some cracking matches.

There are alot of people flying questions all over the place so i thought once and for all stick your questions in here and ill answer them asap. As some people are not lucky enough to have the game.

To finish up, changing your stats are vital. England seem a little overpowered and Australia perform strangely.

I will also post my progress reports and pictures to back up any findings I have! Im sure everyone here wants the best and most realistic game its so close it really is!!

Finally AI test match scores before changes:

Ai score post changes:

675-6 dec

The changes are clear!

Last edited:

jonny1408

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I thought your 675 score was with India before you'd edited the teams? Or have you put it with the second set of scores due to India being 86 rated?

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Thanks wealey! Can you just summarise this post for us, as a list of DO's and DO NOT DO's?

I never expected this game to be perfect, but for me, I don't mind putting on some self-restrictions to ensure the game between me and the AI is as fair as possible.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Yeah India are already 86 so included them in that catagory.

Cab I just state I am in no way saying this should be how the game is played or I no best. Just simply offering advice through experience to those who want it.

So far I have had a 5 day draw and a maulling from the AI!

Captain oz I'll summarise in morning no problem.

I have found some great fields etc that reduce the Ai playing stupid shots. To the point where all my wickets are edges, LBW or bowled with the occasional outfield catch to the mustimed shot!

srk121

International Coach
Guys dunno if this will be moved or not but heres a little information on test matches.

675-6 dec

The changes are clear!

Guys by reading this i can assure you i am having some great games as well. I had a low score stunner just about an hour ago in T20 as wel.. i batted 1st and managed onli 120... Ireland chaed it down but lost 9 wickets amazing matches.

Wealey88 mentioned about the new zealand incident. Post the changes they have scored 344/all out at 3.3 runs an over.... It does work guys. i have short cover but it doesnt create much of a problem for me. few catches do come but nothing like AC09.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Wealey88 mentioned about the new zealand incident. Post the changes they have scored 344/all out at 3.3 runs an over.... It does work guys. i have short cover but it doesnt create much of a problem for me. few catches do come but nothing like AC09.

Pleasing to hear!! I'll go into depth etc when I wake up tomoz about fields etc. There appears to be certain trigger positions that the AI slap it too!

Forgot to mention, mid on and mid off should be pushed back to edge of circle. Where they would be really. Default puts them to close resulting in silly catches always being offered!

s0074845

Club Captain
Sorry wealey I tried to quote your text did not come out right. I thought of asking if you could please explain how to increase the batting average for the teams.?

Last edited:

Wealey

ICC Board Member

when you say staggering, how have the AI done?

No worries mate, customisation and the adjust the skills of the players. For example players such as Hashim Amla have skill points wasted in the bowling department. Will he ever bowl? So add them to his batting placement timing etc!

As each individuals stats go up so do the teams!

Last edited:

s0074845

Club Captain
when you say staggering, how have the AI done?

No worries mate, customisation and the adjust the skills of the players. For example players such as Hashim Amla have skill points wasted in the bowling department. Will he ever bowl? So add them to his batting placement timing etc!

As each individuals stats go up so do the teams!

thanks a lot.

Secondly,Do you reckon if we can manage to even the stats for the bowling too would help to get better gameplay from AI?

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Secondly,Do you reckon if we can manage to even the stats for the bowling too would help to get better gameplay from AI?

depends how you find batting! For me it's already hard enough.
As far as bowling if you up the Ai batting stats it does the trick itself.

You can change them to how u see best!

s0074845

Club Captain
sorry wealey one more question.

Can we still play the leg glance, slog sweep and flick simillar to BLC 99?

Cheers

s0074845

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
depends how you find batting! For me it's already hard enough.
As far as bowling if you up the Ai batting stats it does the trick itself.

You can change them to how u see best!

Wealey, can you help me out here?

Do the bowling and batting stats for the current game come up while you're playing? Like if Anderson is walking back to his bowling mark, do his figures of 6-2-23-0 come up? Or if Kallis is batting, do we see his figures of 45-4-0-72?

This seems like such a simple question, but nobody who has the game has answered it.

Thanks in advance if you have anything, you'd be doing be a big favour (bigger than I thought it would be).

The rest of you are morons :D

thevicky

Club Captain
Hi Wealey,

Gotta say i'm loving your impressions of the game ad your constant updates in the other thread. Keep up the great work :clap

Makes it a little bit easier for me to wait for HMV to send me my copy.

I was thinking is it possible for you to provide Diva and CCC with the changes you have made to teams batting stats so they can incorporate the changes in their roser file?

From what you are saying all it takes is a couple of tweaks and the AI batting becomes almost perfect.

I'll post the same suggestion in the player roster thread as well to see what those guys think of the idea.

Cheers

Vic

Just a thought - After adjusting teams batting ratings does the AI become too good when bowling with sides other than England? Ideally they solution would appear to be to reduce England's bowling ratings but unfortunately that's not an option.

Last edited:

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Do the bowling and batting stats for the current game come up while you're playing? Like if Anderson is walking back to his bowling mark, do his figures of 6-2-23-0 come up? Or if Kallis is batting, do we see his figures of 45-4-0-72?

mate I'm almost certain they don't. 100 percent certain in exibition matches and 95% certain in test series. Will confirm for you tomorrow bud!

wealey88 added 3 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

erm, I wouldn say too good. Sure they got 675-6 dec but I got the sane team at 167-3 and in another match before the 600+ got India all out with west indies for 376 so it's a great mixture!

Instead of them giving you a wicket, all of mine I feel I have worked my arse off for!

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I was thinking is it possible for you to provide Diva and CCC with the changes you have made to teams batting stats so they can incorporate the changes in their roser file?

No reason why not, but i have not done anything special to be honest!

Users who are viewing this thread