The Ashes on 4

greencarrot2

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just a quick question here.

Is this years ashes series going to be on channel 4 because my mum wont get sky and my dad has got every channel apart from sky sports!

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Yes they are. The last time an England series will be on Terrestrial before the ECB's decision to sell us all down the river comes into effect.

Inside_Edge

School Cricketer
To be honest, I prefer the Sky Sports coverage of cricket. I dont get to see much of the test live during the week so highlights are important to me. Channel 4 highlights are a joke. a whole days play into what 40 mins? Sky highlights have 3 hours, thats about half the days play I can view after work.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Trescothick said:
I thought it was only the first test of a home series on C4?
Nope. Under the current deal, which ends this year, the second test of the first home series is on Sky Sports, the rest are on Channel 4. From 2006 until at least the end of that TV deal, they'll all be on Sky Sports.

Sureshot

Executive member
pass, the thign that annoys me with C4 is when they go for the horse breaks!!!!!

doesnt bother me which thye are on but id prefer sky but them im lucky enought to have it

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
nik said:
so does that mean, C4 r showing tests against bangladesh?
Read what I posted and then tell me.

Sureshot said:
pass, the thign that annoys me with C4 is when they go for the horse breaks!!!!!
Agreed! Bloody horse racing. The most annoying this is the race lasts about 3 minutes and yet they have almost 15 minutes of build up and summary!

themuel1

International Coach
yep, but that does not help those without cable, satelite

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Film Four

Once the Horse Racing Coverage comes on, Channel 4 continue coverage on Film Four, but it is annoying for anyone who doesn't have Film Four because it's on Satellite Television.

Users who are viewing this thread