'The charm of test cricket in India' - Time Out with Rahul Dravid

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Some excerpts from the interview

RD: The pitches are critical. When you have good cricket wickets, that makes a huge difference. The ability to take 20 wickets in a Test match is what makes a good Test match. In both cases, in Nagpur and in Kolkata, we saw that - even though it went on to the fifth day in the second Test. There was always something that kept the bowlers interested, and that's critical. Going ahead, if you want Test cricket to survive, you've got to ensure that Tests are played on good cricket wickets that give everyone a chance. Bounce is a critical factor. If you have wickets that have bounce, it allows people to play shots, as we've seen with Sehwag, Sachin and Laxman in the last series, and with Amla. You have people who play shots and play positively, but it also gives the fast bowlers and the spinners enough later on to keep them all interested in the game

RD: Three Test matches is ideal. I agree with Sanjay there. In this case, with the talk of the Australian series coming up, these have come in outside of the calendar. But in an ideal scenario… in my whole career now, I've played only one Test series that has included five Tests, and in the old days that [playing five Tests] was the norm

'India needs a proper calendar, for the sake of world cricket' | Time Out | Cricinfo Talk | Cricinfo.com

Dravid shares the same sentiments that some of the Indian fans in here have shared about test cricket in India and how it should be played/marketed.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Ok, looks like no one is interested in discussing about Dravid's views in test cricket.

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
RD is easily one of the best cricketers to have played the game. When he says something, he often means it. And he makes sense too. :hpraise

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Ok, looks like no one is interested in discussing about Dravid's views in test cricket.
noone except rahuldravidfan!

angryangy added 12 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

It's pretty long. I think they're mostly talking about things that people agree with.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
I listened to the whole thing yesterday. Harsha keeps interrupting Dravid. Hardly lets him speak.

nakul

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I read a few questions which I think, he answered sensibly.

Rahul Dravid=Best batsman for the longer version of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread