The Green, Green Grass - New Playing Surfaces

Burma's Finest

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
So the thing which displeases me most about the visuals in BLIC 05 is the playing surface. Frankly, it looks ugly to me; I don't know whether you agree:

originalturf012sj.jpg

originalturf025rr.jpg

Anyway, with that in mind, I've been trying to do something about this. This is my first effort at replacing the field. Check out these images and download the patch below. If you like what you see then tell me and I'll do more as time permits. (Just replace GrassTile00.dds in Replace.bag)

Attachments

• New Turf 01.jpg
    New Turf 01.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 375
  • New Turf 02.jpg
    New Turf 02.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 353
  • New Turf 03.jpg
    New Turf 03.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 345
  • Colour Correction.zip
    102.2 KB · Views: 219

sohail

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
looks much better!

Burma's Finest

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
LOL. Only one response in the last 3 weeks and now several today?! What's going on. Thanks anyway, glad yu like it.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Never noticed this lol, looks much more realistic now. I like the way you showed the old and then the new. Makes the difference way more clearer.

cricketer112

Club Cricketer
ye sorry for not responding mate, it goes without saying this is excellent work and ive been playing with this new outfield since you uploaded it, it really gives the visuals more realism and texture

Burma's Finest

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Should I make more then? I made that one when I only had the demo which only has one field option (I think). Having got the full game now (yes, my dirty little secret is out! :p) I have been looking for a way to edit the fields at the shader level as well as at the texture level. Does anyone know of any software which can edit .vso and .pso shaders? I think we could do something pretty cool if so. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread