Kit Editing Tutorial For BLIC !!!

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ok it seems Helmets are a problem for people, so here is how I do them.

Firstly Extract an Unaltered helmet from a bag (Any helmet it doesnt matter) and open it in photoshop. Do not make any colour changes to this file.

Next extract the psd file from the attatched file and open it in photoshop

Use this file to make the helmet how you want it and then take the layer from this file and copy it into the dds file, then save the helmet (in dds format) and you are done. The template also contains caps and pads (all on seperate layers), these can be done in the same way.

By the way, the easiest way to change the colour of the helmet is to use "Hue/Saturation" and tick the colourize button.

Attachments

• Bits Template.zip
    920.8 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
Here is some help with ODI Sweaters. In ODI's sweaters aren't like normal sweaters, they are like made out of different material. I've made new sweaters so it looks more realistic.

Old & New sweaters shown below.

Attachments

• old sweaters.png
    old sweaters.png
    36 KB · Views: 139
  • SHIRT_SLEEVES_SHORT_TANKTOP.png
    SHIRT_SLEEVES_SHORT_TANKTOP.png
    46.6 KB · Views: 140
  • ODI Sweaters.zip
    538.8 KB · Views: 33

PirateJohn

School Cricketer
Photoshop

I seem to be having trouble saving the DDS files in Photoshop. Every time I try to save the file, one of the following happens:

-- Photoshop freezes up
-- The file saves but is corrupted
-- The file saves but is completely black

How do I save the files into the DDS format so that they can be imported into Baggi and work in the game? When I try to save in DDS format, there is a confusing window with all sorts of different choices of how the file is to be saved. I did set the MIP maps to six as you mentioned in your profile, but what settings do I use in the drop down menu on the top left of the box?

Hariz

International Cricketer
I dont understand the crashing problem. If you have installed Photoshop correctly and also the dxt3 plugin, then everything should work fine. For saving it as .dds file use DXT3 ARGB (Explicit Alpha) from the drop down menu you mentioned and the 6 mipmaps. Also generate mipmaps must be selected. The remaining settings should not be changed. This should save the file as .dds, compatible for Baggie studios.

PirateJohn

School Cricketer
Hariz said:
I dont understand the crashing problem. If you have installed Photoshop correctly and also the dxt3 plugin, then everything should work fine. For saving it as .dds file use DXT3 ARGB (Explicit Alpha) from the drop down menu you mentioned and the 6 mipmaps. Also generate mipmaps must be selected. The remaining settings should not be changed. This should save the file as .dds, compatible for Baggie studios.
Hooray, I think it's working! I hadn't seen anywhere before which selection from the drop down menu to use, so selecting DXT3 ARGB seems to have done the trick.

sridharbulusu

Club Cricketer
Hi Hariz,

here's a question regarding Photoshop. It may sound silly, but how can one create simple straight lines??
Please help me. I need it fot the India WC 1999 kit.

and I have one more problem. When I replaced the original kind with my new one the game crashed. It certainly has to do sth with that particular kit, cause I could play matches with other teams.
could you please help me?

PirateJohn

School Cricketer
sridharbulusu said:
here's a question regarding Photoshop. It may sound silly, but how can one create simple straight lines??
Create a long, thin rectangle then use the free rotate feature.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
The best way to create a line is to use the line tool, change the weight from 1px though or it just draws a thin line. Also rasterise the layer so you can delete bits of it etc.

Hariz

International Cricketer
Yeah as Kev said, use the line tool or if you are good with your mouse then use free hand to create a design. Your crashing problem seems to be related to the size of the new .bag file of the edited kit. If you saved all the shirts/trousers with the six mipmaps and dxt3 ARGB and used Kev's helmets template above and saved everything, then while importing you should see that the size of the file remains the same....if it is so, the game wont crash.....otherwise it could.

PirateJohn

School Cricketer
Kev said:
The best way to create a line is to use the line tool, change the weight from 1px though or it just draws a thin line. Also rasterise the layer so you can delete bits of it etc.
I've never been able to get my line tool to work properly. I wonder if I just have the wrong settings on it...

sridharbulusu

Club Cricketer
thank you very much for your help guys. I find Pirate John's idea quite creative! hats of! A nice solution!
theres one more thing: How can I sort of tell the photoshop programme which layer is in front and which is behind? Please help me! :hpraise
I am very grateful to you guys!

I actually used the templates for the shirts (full sleeve/short sleeve). does that mean that I should use the original file then? But if yes, how can I get rid of the original colour?
Can I please send you one kit in about 1-2 days and could you tell me whether it is good or bad?

Last edited:

sridharbulusu

Club Cricketer
heres the kit I made. Is it good enough? If it needs some more, please tell me.
Note that you shouldn't import the original file with this one, cause it will crash.

Attachments

• indiawc1999 kit.zip
    474.2 KB · Views: 19

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
sridharbulusu said:
How can I sort of tell the photoshop programme which layer is in front and which is behind? Please help me! :hpraise
I am very grateful to you guys!

I actually used the templates for the shirts (full sleeve/short sleeve). does that mean that I should use the original file then? But if yes, how can I get rid of the original colour?
Can I please send you one kit in about 1-2 days and could you tell me whether it is good or bad?
Layers at the front are top of the layer list working down, so if you want to make a layer on top of something, drag it up the list. As for shirts, I always start with a blank white shirt. I make copies of the shirt for each colour in the kit, then I use hue/saturation to colour each layer.

sridharbulusu

Club Cricketer
Kev said:
Layers at the front are top of the layer list working down, so if you want to make a layer on top of something, drag it up the list. As for shirts, I always start with a blank white shirt. I make copies of the shirt for each colour in the kit, then I use hue/saturation to colour each layer.

Which blank shirt do you use? from the template? And what do you exactly mean by "I make copies for each color in the kit?" I don't get it? :eek:

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Hope this helps explain

(sorry if it takes a while to load)

step19nq.jpg

step26pg.jpg

step37xx.jpg

step47sr.jpg

step55sq.jpg

step67uf.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread