Face Editing Tutorial For BLIC

Hariz

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Valaskjalf said:
Hey i tried this tutorial with the afridi one as well....but for safety i decided to make this new face and use it to replace the face of some unknown guy (file901). But when i replace the file in the Baggi program it asks me to save it...what do i save it as and where? At the moment it asks..."save texture" and when i click yes it asks "save in" and file name...at the moment the file name is "whi_bruce_bowler.png"....do i keep this name? and where do i save it?

I have not completely understood what you wanted to ask, but from what I got, you just have to save the .png file anywhere on your harddrive, so that you can later find it and open it with a photo-editing program like Photoshop or Paintshop. You also dont need to change the name, as you will be able to recognise the player that more easily with the original name.

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
Hariz, I have two questions:

1. Can you create faces with created players?

2. Can you turn black and white photo face to colour ones?

Hariz

International Cricketer
RoboRocks said:
Hariz, I have two questions:

1. Can you create faces with created players?

2. Can you turn black and white photo face to colour ones?

Well the answer to your first question is YES, but I haven't tried it yet. I dont know, why you asked the second one :p, normally you convert coloured ones to b/w...but sorry I dont know how to do it.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Hariz I like the tutorial, will get people in making faces for BLIC all thanks to you.

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
RoboRocks said:
I asked becuase I want to make a better Don Bradman face.

Try experemneting with the Opacity and the Blending modes of the Pencil/Paint brush, so you can color his face.

sid_19840

International Coach
RoboRocks said:
I asked becuase I want to make a better Don Bradman face.

I would suggest changing the Hue-Saturation of the player(tick on the Colorise option) and then try adjusting the bars so that the player has the correct colours.

edgarisapimp

Club Cricketer
Good find there. If you get the Bradman face to work, please post it up here. The current face makes him look kind of angry and squished up ;).

ght

School Cricketer
Hi hariz

As promised this is my question. I am aware that the face is too large and needs to be resized to fit the original texture but how do i do it in photoshop. What tool do i use to resise it. Can you please show me some screenshots of what to do. i was wondering whether I lined up the eyes properly as you said this was important. Also where do i get a better picture to use for attapattu"s face from.

Your help is greatly appreciated
thanks
ght

sridharbulusu

Club Cricketer
ght said:
Hi hariz

As promised this is my question. I am aware that the face is too large and needs to be resized to fit the original texture but how do i do it in photoshop. What tool do i use to resise it. Can you please show me some screenshots of what to do. i was wondering whether I lined up the eyes properly as you said this was important. Also where do i get a better picture to use for attapattu"s face from.

Your help is greatly appreciated
thanks
ght

hi I hope you don't mind if I answer your question:

first make sure that your layer is selected with the layer box.
then in the menu click on edit-transform-resize.
You can now resize the image easily by clicking with the mouse in one of the corners, holding it and draging it the the size you wish.
I hope you got me! the screenshots are in the attachment.

Attachments

• answer2.zip
    414 KB · Views: 28

ght

School Cricketer
Hi hariz or sridharbulusu

Thanks for helping me i had a go at changing the size and want to know your opinion on my finished work. Can you have a look at it and fix it if there are any changes that need to be made. Especially in terms of the opacity of the face compared to the original texture. Also I am still having a problem importing the texture in the face editor can you try it and find out what the problem is. I have uploaded the psd file for editing and the png file i used for importing

Thanks
ght

Attachments

• ind_atapattu_bowler.psd
    380.8 KB · Views: 17
  • ind_atapattu_bowler.png.png
    ind_atapattu_bowler.png.png
    12.9 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

sridharbulusu

Club Cricketer
ght said:
Hi

Thanks for hrlping me i had a go at changing the size and want to know your opinion on my finished work. Can you have a look at it and fix it if there are any changes that need to be made. Especially in terms of the opacity of the face compared to the original texture. Also I am still having a problem importing the texture in the face editor can you try it and find out what the problem is. I have uploaded the psd file for editing and the png file i used for importing

Thanks
ght
all right,

I'll try my best, but can't assure you anything, cause I'm not even a rookie in face editing.

well, there was nothing wrong with your face, you should read the instrucitons in the face editing tutorial more careful. All you have to do is copy the whole new face in a new png file, but make sure that it has a TRANSPARENT background. Then erase the right corner (the yellow part) in order to get a white-gray chessboard (which shows that it is transparent).

anyway I finished it. But there was hardly any difference so I just gave the new face an orange mark in the face so that you can distinguish them (Take a look at the attachment)

Attachments

• Untitled-1.zip
    145 KB · Views: 28
  • attapatu.zip
    120 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

ght

School Cricketer
Hi
Thanks for your help i got it working . When you say there is not a big difference do you mean between the default original face and the new texture i made . If this is the case can you advise me on how to make it more realistic do I need to increase the opacity of the face layer to make it stand out more.

Thanks
ght

Hariz

International Cricketer
ght said:
Hi
Thanks for your help i got it working . When you say there is not a big difference do you mean between the default original face and the new texture i made . If this is the case can you advise me on how to make it more realistic do I need to increase the opacity of the face layer to make it stand out more.

Thanks
ght

You need to use a good source photo, which is showing the face with all the details and then try to edit the face texture. As mentioned in the tutorial you can also use different face textures for different faces, for example, extract moin khan's face texture and make atapattu on it and import it back or something like that, so that you get a much more detailed and good looking face in game.

Users who are viewing this thread