Kit Making Guide/tips Hints Whatever

F

f0bstyle

since i have made a kit or two now, i figured i'd try to help some of you that want to make kits.

1. Use a white test kit, preferably a .png rather tahn the .bmp you extract from the GOB, this ensures you dont lose any color from the start.

2. New layers for each portion of the kit. For the part you want to color, select the area, put in desired color and under layer properties select multiply so you can keep the folds.

3. Best thing would be to do many layers for each part.

4. For the main logos and stuff, i suggest finding large, high quality pictures of the logos, so that when you place them on the kit, they do not lose any quality. Front of the kits are very straightforward.
- I suggest editing the logo separately in such a way that it is transparent.
max zoom, lasso tool all very effective in this portion. Then paste it onto
the front of the shirt.
- If you are doing a sponsor that has rectangular shape (Old mutual on the
zim kit for example) paste it where you want it. Go to the main color
area, and delete the box of color. Then go back to the logo's layer and
select multiply from teh blending options.

5. For logos on teh side of the sleeve, i recommend making a new image double the height of the kit file (so it would be 512x 1024 for a 512 sized kit) paste the front of the kit on the bottom of the new image. Use the Copy merged tool from the edit menu. Rotate the back kit's file 180 degrees. select copy merged and place it right above the other kit. Rotate the side logos how you want, and paste them on. Copy each part into either a new file or the exisiting kit file.
-Hint: use the layer hide button to make sure you get all of the kit and be
sure to do copy merged again.

For most of the stuff on the back of the kit, i recommend only editing the main part of the kit, and the helmet/cap area. I would copy the gradients and allt hat other stuff from the existing kit for the particular team

6. The kits are now ready to be saved. I would save one as a .psd file with layers, so you can change them around. And save another as a .bmp file

7. Open the .bmp file and create a new image large enough to hold all 5 kit sizes. I do 550x 800. Copy the bmp file into the new one, and then resize the original .bmp file to all the other sizes and paste them on that new image. Go to image>rotate canvas>flip vertical. You can actually do the flipping in the previous step before you save so you dont have to do it again if you choose to edit your kit later.

8. Go to image>mode>indexed color and use one of the master pallates from the scroll down menu. DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT CHECK PRESERVE EXACT COLORS. ALSO MAKE SURE THERE ARE 256 COLORS. I use master selective usually. After this is done, Make it RBG color again, and then change it back to indexed color. this time instead of master pallate go to custom, and save the pallate.

9. Copy each kit size into new images, changing them from rgb color to indexed pallate that you saved. Save them, import them and enjoy

Looking back, this is more of a tutorial than a hint guide, but oh well. i am still learning the art of kit making, so as i figure stuff out i will post it. Oh and one big thing i left out. HAVE PATIENCE. patience is probably one of the most crucial thing in making kits, i had to edit my india kit about 80 times before i got it to work.

F

f0bstyle

yeah, sure colin, i've figured most of everything out. just working on a couple things yet.

F

f0bstyle

you should follow basically everything regarding file saving and palatte choosing. that is without a doubt the key to it. without proper palatte, the kit will look bad in game

Rivaldo

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
where do i find out the sponsors of like South Africa and that

Attachments

• Austrailian_Logo__s.zip
    42 KB · Views: 47
W

wackojacko

South africa's sponsor is Standard bank and Admiral so i would search on google for their websites or on google

Rivaldo

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
yeah i went on cricinfo and i seen the shirts but on the shirts the logos are to small so

F

f0bstyle

you might just have to wing the logos then. either that or search harder

S

squiz

the way that i colour the kits in Photoshop is:
create a new file with dimenstions of 512 x 512
Make the background wot ever color you want the kit
Paste the kit on the canvas
Then goto Layer --> Layer Style --> Blending Options --> Then under general Blending select Multiply
Then click OK

After all that your kit should be coloured hope this helps sum people

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Personally I prefer to select all the non-white bits on the kit template. Then I copy and paste them as a second layer.
On the first layer I go to image; hue and saturation
You can then set the colour of the kit to whatever you want with the creases exactly the same. You can then paste logos etc on the top. (This is only a basic outline)

Users who are viewing this thread