THE ICC REALLY NEED AN INTERNATIONAL SHAKE-UP

S

sonic

Guys we've talked about this loads...the excuses for Bangladeshwritten long ago, but the fact remains if you play on a competitive test circuit as they have for the past three years, then they should be able to give other test nations a game by now given their experience. the problems have arised their, as in Zimbabwe, where match fees which they recieve do not actually go back into the game to produce more players like the promising Talha Jubair - it simply goes to the money men governing their game, which in turn is having a detremental effect on the standard of their game. I believe their should be a league created for test nations. the Elite League which includes the top 6 rated teams, and a second division of five which includes the best non-test nation of the calendar year in order to give them grounds to build test status. The divisions could look like this

ELITE LEAGUE

1) Australia
2) South Africa
3) India
4) New Zealand
5) West Indies
6) England

SECOND DIVISION

1) Sri Lanka
2) Pakistan
3) Zimbabwe
4) Bangladesh
5) Kenya

The league played over a two year spell, all teams play each other home and away in their respective leagues, the top and bottom sides relegated/promoted respectively. the bottom side in the second division relegated to playing non-test nations in order to regain their status, with the best ICC minor nation replacing them. Great idea, or not? I think it would make test cricket much more competitive :P

A

amber22

Do you think Sri Lanka and Pakistan should also be there in second division of non test playing nations ??? .Maybe it's too early to say that Sri Lanka and Pakistan are poor teams

ritwikgames

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeah I would agree with Amber about the Pakistan and Sri Lanka thing. I would think that 6 teams in the elite league is ok, with the teams being demoted/promoted accordingly every half year or so depending on their ranking.

Users who are viewing this thread