The "Manchester United are a bit rubbish now" thread

P Squared

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yes its all to do with the fans, nothing to do with the fact that Moyes plays players based off their reputation 3/4 years ago.

Look what happened after he played a younger, better team against West Brom, we played some of the best football we've done all season especially after RVP was subbed off.(ANd I know it's only West Brom but still)

It is stupid to blame the fans for not showing enough support, any other top club and he would have been sacked by now, if anything he's been shown a bit too much support by the fans. And even after having such a crap season, Old Trafford still hasn't turned on him, so really that point is null and void.
ANd of course he is going to be scrutinised by the media, he's at one of the biggest clubs in the world, what the actual fu*k did he expect?

What Moyes has done at UNited would be akin to Martinez coming in at Everton and dragging them down into a relegation fight, I think its fair to say the Everton fans would have turned on him and he would have been sacked.

Not that I want Moyes to be sacked, I'm just putting it into perspective. He's getting a lot of time and money at United, he wouldn't get that anywhere else.

Last edited:

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
Yes its all to do with the fans, nothing to do with the fact that Moyes plays players based off their reputation 3/4 years ago.

Look what happened after he played a younger, better team against West Brom, we played some of the best football we've done all season especially after RVP was subbed off.(ANd I know it's only West Brom but still)

It is stupid to blame the fans for not showing enough support, any other top club and he would have been sacked by now, if anything he's been shown a bit too much support by the fans. And even after having such a crap season, Old Trafford still hasn't turned on him, so really that point is null and void.
ANd of course he is going to be scrutinised by the media, he's at one of the biggest clubs in the world, what the actual fu*k did he expect?

What Moyes has done at UNited would be akin to Martinez coming in at Everton and dragging them down into a relegation fight, I think its fair to say the Everton fans would have turned on him and he would have been sacked.

Not that I want Moyes to be sacked, I'm just putting it into perspective. He's getting a lot of time and money at United, he wouldn't get that anywhere else.

Where did I do this?

P Squared

International Coach
It was more in response to Dipaks post saying 'This sums it up' as if the fans not backing him is the one and only reason Moyes isnt doing well.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
This topic definitely deserves its own thread - the implosion of Man Utd this year has been staggering.

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
More than 450,000 fans have unliked the official facebook of ManU since the loss to Liverpool. Just a stat I thought everyone would be interested in. I would not bill them as glory hunters or plastic fans; I think it is their way to show their frustration and I am sure they will be back soon but the question remains and my answer would be that they are certainly playing the level of football you do not really associate with a great team like ManU. Furthermore, they got to find out a way to play Mata regularly. He will be a key player to get ManU back on a high. My call is ManU is not at all rubbish; they have some very very good players in their ranks but at the same time, I cannot deny the fact that they are indeed playing poor football.

P Squared

International Coach
We are better off without those plastics anyway, they'll probably jump to the next fashionable team

----------

IN other news..

----------

He does have a point, don't entirely agree with him though

Last edited by a moderator:

Epic

Panel of Selectors
I don't agree with this, shunning and calling supporters who might even be more loyal than you "plastics" for voicing their opinion I mean.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Just checked the Man Utd page for their likes, and according to them, the most likes gained were in May 2013, when Utd won their last title. Obviously, a lot of people wanted to jump on the bandwagon of supporting the "best" team, and I suppose most of the people who've left were from such groups. There are people who always want to who their support for the winning team. They haven't got a clue about football sadly.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
I wasn't exactly backing up those who are unliking United's Facebook page or whatever (what a wonderful way to send a message though :rolleyes), but people on social media and forums just like this one in general who are getting as much stick as Moyes is getting from the press for merely stating their displeasure.

----------

AC Milan coach Clarence Seedorf - Meeting with fans was peaceful - ESPN FC

Milan are going through a similar thing, but their fans have took to protesting...

Last edited:

P Squared

International Coach
I don't agree with this, shunning and calling supporters who might even be more loyal than you "plastics" for voicing their opinion I mean.

So you actually think the "disliking people " are loyal supporters?lol They 'change' their team every tweaking week, you can have them if you want

I wasnt referring to the guy in the video when I said plastic, if thats what you think.

----------

Okay I didnt read the post above me, apologies

Abhas

Retired Administrator
I must commend Man Utd's marketing and reach, because when I started watching football, around 2006, everything related to football was synonymous with Man Utd in India, there was only one club on TV, all discussion was about Man Utd, and most of the matches shown were Man Utd's (We only had 2 sports channels back then).
It was almost imperative that anyone who started watching football would watch Man Utd, and obviously start supporting them. Even I had started by supporting ManU, before I got the chance to watch a Liverpool game, and that's when I realized that's the atmosphere, and style of football I wanted to watch.

Even today, 90 percent's first team is Man Utd, and that's where they get their huge fanbase from. Some would remain loyal to the club, some would shift to supporting other clubs, it's only natural.

----------

If you introduce a person to football today, and show them 1 match each, there is no chance they would choose Man Utd over the likes of Chelsea / Man City / Liverpool, possibly Arsenal. That's why newer fans shift.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
So you actually think the "disliking people " are loyal supporters?lol They 'change' their team every fishing week, you can have them if you want

I wasnt referring to the guy in the video when I said plastic, if thats what you think.

----------

Okay I didnt read the post above me, apologies

No problem, and we'll happily take these glory hunting plastics, more Aguero shirts sold the better. :D

I must commend Man Utd's marketing and reach, because when I started watching football, around 2006, everything related to football was synonymous with Man Utd in India, there was only one club on TV, all discussion was about Man Utd, and most of the matches shown were Man Utd's (We only had 2 sports channels back then).
It was almost imperative that anyone who started watching football would watch Man Utd, and obviously start supporting them. Even I had started by supporting ManU, before I got the chance to watch a Liverpool game, and that's when I realized that's the atmosphere, and style of football I wanted to watch.

Even today, 90 percent's first team is Man Utd, and that's where they get their huge fanbase from. Some would remain loyal to the club, some would shift to supporting other clubs, it's only natural.

----------

If you introduce a person to football today, and show them 1 match each, there is no chance they would choose Man Utd over the likes of Chelsea / Man City / Liverpool, possibly Arsenal. That's why newer fans shift.

This is all semantic nonsense, but anyway, I don't think you ever really supported United, you thought you did, but that was merely the love for the game and the one team you saw play that game.

I watched football for the longest time without supporting any team, however I did like to watch certain teams play who I guess you could say I was a "fan" of, Barca under Rijkaard, Arsenal under Wenger during The Invincibles period, Real under VDV, Milan under Ancelotti, and so on, it wasn't till I went on a forum similar to this one and asked the members to suggest me a team to support that I came across City, fortunately or unfortunately after the takeover. :rolleyes

Last edited:

P Squared

International Coach
I never do get it when people 'change' teams though, if you support a particular club then you obviously have feelings for them, how do they just disappear, after all arent those feelings the reason why as a supporter you feel sad when your team loses, and happy if they win

Epic

Panel of Selectors
This goes back to the semantics I was on about, and you got to understand that fans are not supporters, they don't have some emotional bond that you have to United or Abhas has to Liverpool, they merely "like" this thing and when the shine comes off it, they have no reason to stick around.

Users who are viewing this thread