The "Manchester United are a bit rubbish now" thread

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
There's a Joel Glazer quote in the paper today:

At the end of the day, every year we feel we owe it to this football team and this community to do a good honest assessment of our franchise. If at any point, we feel that change is in our best interest, we feel we have to make that change. You can?t let decisions you made a year ago affect a decision today.

Made in reference to Tampa Bay but still.

Also reports today that Moyes has fallen out with Ryan Giggs. How do you do that? Maybe talk non-stop about Imogen Thomas?

P Squared

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
The reason being that Giggs didnt attend a coaches' meeting because Moyes wouldnt listen to anyone else's advice. Also apparently Giggs called him out over his defensive tactics. Now thats interesting as he's probably lost the entire playing staff now, Giggs is the most influential figure in that dressing room.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
If they go out the CL and lose again to City he'll be fired before the end of the season.

Rejecting Mourinho looking really smart right now...

P Squared

International Coach
I didnt prefer Mourinho then, and even if he was available now, still wouldnt. If Mourinho had been made manager, you're looking at Januzaj out on loan, and no chance for any youth player really. Rather have Moyes, be shit and play the youth.

But then again barring Januzaj, he hasnt really given the youth a chance, so I'm not that confident on that front now, especially after the comments that Everton's academy manager made about Moyes not 'caring' for the youth.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Yeah Sheedy had a bit of a go :p

The problem is that whilst Moyes deserves a chance you can't keep a manager who has lost the entire squad and coaching staff. Bit like AVB at Chelsea.

Dipak

ICC Board Member
Yeah I agree with Ste, you can't really choose a team, it just sort of happens.

For me personally, I got into football through Football Manager, I managed United on them as they were the only team I'd ever heard of, then I started following footie and obviously rooted for United as I could recognise with the players through FM and that just grew into a general love for the club really.

I got into football through FIFA09, and became anti-ManU as everyone was supporting them blindly :p Opposite to your case. I managed Barca instead in manager mode and hence became their fan..

Epic

Panel of Selectors
I didnt prefer Mourinho then, and even if he was available now, still wouldnt. If Mourinho had been made manager, you're looking at Januzaj out on loan, and no chance for any youth player really. Rather have Moyes, be shit and play the youth.

But then again barring Januzaj, he hasnt really given the youth a chance, so I'm not that confident on that front now, especially after the comments that Everton's academy manager made about Moyes not 'caring' for the youth.

While that's somewhat true, Varane was a regular under Mourinho last season at Real, him and Nastasic actually debuted in the same game at the Bernabeu last season I think, and a loan spell might've actually helped Januzaj, more playing time at a less chaotic place, take that every day of the week.

The problem is that whilst Moyes deserves a chance you can't keep a manager who has lost the entire squad and coaching staff. Bit like AVB at Chelsea.

And Mancini at City.

I got into football through FIFA09, and became anti-ManU as everyone was supporting them blindly :p Opposite to your case. I managed Barca instead in manager mode and hence became their fan..

If you would've started with FIFA 10 or 11, you might've ended up anti-Barca. :p

Last edited:

khaleel

Club Captain
To be fair, Januzaj is class and deserved some first-team games. But what about the rest?? Jesse Lingard, Larnell Cole and Michael Keane deserved atleast one game each (pre-seasons dont really count). Not to forget Zaha, irrespective of the news of his alleged 'closeness' to Moyes' daughter. Under Mourinho, they might have had no hope of making the grade, but its no better under Moyes.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Cole is Gone

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors

Didn't like that from Sheedy at all regardless of how trues it is. Classless.

he was probably pissed as a fart when he made those tweets too.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag