The "must be fixed" thread

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Please use this thread for areas that were major issues with previous games and need to be addressed. This is not for new features. Remember that even though this is made by Trickstar the code is being written from scratch and not using International Cricket 10 as a base.

D

Dutch

Although it is stated that Ashes 2013 is being built from scratch I am sure they will be building on the past versions as a platform and my assumptions are based on my experiences with Ashes 09 and IC2010.

The big let down in both these games was the tactical and fielding side of things. Fielders not bothering to stop a ball one foot away from the boundary, fielders diving feet first to pick up a ball, you always knowing how fast the ball is going to come back in. In Ashes 09 there were way too many run outs. In the next version there are none and it is not exciting at all, no really close decisions or edgy runs.

Lets have exciting, dynamic breathtaking fielding, where you really have to think "where the heck is that next run going to come from". Fielders straining to catch or stop the ball for all their might.

Lets have smart AI that really knows how to plug gaps, reads the situation, continually adapts to what is required and tries to win games finding a balance between attacking and containing.

Lets have bouncers that really whistle past your face, balls beating the bat as they move away in the air.

Lets have slip catchers who dont walk forward to catch an edge. In real life there is no time. It flies at you and you have a millisecond to grasp the ball, or not.

Lets have statistic heaven, every concievable stat available, that are kept through out your career.

Talking of which, a working, exciting career mode.

Lets have batting that is really hard for those who want it. Those who want to slog and bash give em what they want. Those who really want to earn their runs, give em what they want!

With IC2010 the camera mode was great and the ability to turn off the hud was excellent. However the marker for the ball came on a fraction too late making it impossible to select the correct shot.

Contoller configuration to suit the way you want to press what button for which action.

Slogging a perfect six all around the ground was easier in IC2010 than blocking a ball. That shouldn,t be the case me thinks.

Meh enough from me, back to find my rock. Great that a game is coming and especially from well known cricket enthusiasts. Good luck with it all and make it a cracker, an absolute jam-filled cream donut of a game!

Last edited by a moderator:

sohail

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
fix the AI is what i want, i want the AI to play a test match accordingly and by not editing the stats, and make the pitch conditions work this time.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Building on what you said about fielding I always hated the fact you could tell if it was a boundary the second it left the bat if the fielding end indicator to throw at didn't appear. It seemed to me to be deeply flawed that the boundary decision had already been made regardless before it even started off across the outfield.

----------

One thing that should be fixed, is the players name. Big issue.

Why's that a big issue? It comes down to licensing and it's easy enough to change them. Personally I'd rather money was spent on development than given to the national boards.

badvintage

International Cricketer
It's annoying players name like Shahid Afrriydi like can you spell? It doesn't take time.

D

Dutch

Building on what you said about fielding I always hated the fact you could tell if it was a boundary the second it left the bat if the fielding end indicator to throw at didn't appear. It seemed to me to be deeply flawed that the boundary decision had already been made regardless before it even started off across the outfield.

----------

Why's that a big issue? It comes down to licensing and it's easy enough to change them. Personally I'd rather money was spent on development than given to the national boards.

Absolutely agree about the names. All focus and development needs to be put towards gameplay. Exciting, unpredictable and dynamic. I realise there is only so much you can do in a game but I just think back to all the fistpumping absoutely extatic moments I have had in Fifa throught the years. The last minute equaliser, the stunning come back through hard work and grit, the nervous final minutes, the desperate lunging tackle, the unfair decision etcetera. Never have I had that in a cricket game. We have all been awed by the brilliance of mesmerizing catches and run-outs in cricket, game changing athletic feats that stick in the memory for years to come or the tactical wizards who were able to marshal an average side to greater things. Thats what we need.

Last edited by a moderator:

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
It's annoying players name like Shahid Afrriydi like can you spell? It doesn't take time.
They are not misspelt because someone didn't research how to spell the names - they just simply are not able to use the real names. They have to get licences from each cricket board to do so - and for a lot of them it won't come cheap, and makes a fairly minor impact on gameplay.

Considering you can edit it, especially on PC, it's a minor cosmetic issue.

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Kits annoy me .They should be proper and if any team wear a new kit than they should sell it by the playstaion store .

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Although I'm pretty sure Ausie1st did the names last time and being Australian I'm not sure he can read or write.

----------

Kits annoy me .They should be proper and if any team wear a new kit than they should sell it by the playstaion store .

Another licensing issue. Basically the game (on console) needs to be set up like PES so you can update the kits.

D

Dutch

Although I'm pretty sure Ausie1st did the names last time and being Australian I'm not sure he can read or write.

----------

Ha ha! On the other hand one could say thank God the game is being made in Australia and not in England....the decision making at board level would mean this game would never get off the ground unless the previous publisher stated quite categorically that it apologised and that it was committed to all forms of the game. The PR would be rubbish too as we all know the English cant play spin!

badvintage

International Cricketer
They are not misspelt because someone didn't research how to spell the names - they just simply are not able to use the real names. They have to get licences from each cricket board to do so - and for a lot of them it won't come cheap, and makes a fairly minor impact on gameplay.

Considering you can edit it, especially on PC, it's a minor cosmetic issue.

I get it now, hope someone does a roster update here :p

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
As an interesting point the main thing we couldn't edit in IC10 was the licensed teams. Would almost rather have it all unlicensed...

manee

Chairman of Selectors
When I played IC10 with my friend, the things which annoyed me somewhat were...

1. Bowlers are too slow. The numbers are fine but a bouncer from even Flintoff just sits up to be whacked.
2. Bizarre system where you can time the meter really early and it causes a ball to vary its line and length and come out at a different speed. It rewards for not trying to get it in the green area.
3. Ridiculous bowling actions. TAOC managed to emulate Brett Lee's action perfectly so surely a big studio could do the same. If there is no room for multiple actions, pick real actions of perhaps county bowlers and make three or four of them.
4. The catching system for slips. I think its a little silly and results in some absolutely ridiculous wicket keeper catches and weird loopy slip catches where an edge off a pacer is somehow caught by the slip running forward.
5. The advance shots look and played ridiculously.
6. The swing system was a bit arcadey. Not all decent bowlers can swing both ways with absolutely no way of telling which way it would go. I'd give this skill to only perhaps Anderson. Same with slower balls - some way that a set batsman can pick it would be great.

PS: How's everyone doing?

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Totally agree about too easy to slog and slips running forward to catch. Those were two of my biggest bugbears with IC10.

@Manee - Hi. Good to see you.

Users who are viewing this thread