The "must be fixed" thread

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Same delivery being bowled over and over again anyone? Playing AC09, a bowler would bowl 6 consecutive toe crushers!

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
The mention of skill points in the other thread reminds me - at the very least if there are custom teams like in IC2010, that you can sort by them when allocating skill points - it was a huge pain trying to remember which player was from which country - especially with the need to go through about 3 screens to check.

Adding on a 'train this' toggle to the skill points to automatically apply additional points to a specific stat would be much nicer.

An ability to lose stat points while playing would be important as well. The stat point system was a good foundation - just it wasn't as accessible as it could have been and was no risk - presumably you could play long enough and max all the stats.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Same delivery being bowled over and over again anyone? Playing AC09, a bowler would bowl 6 consecutive toe crushers!

Well this is something that I hope they read. In real life, there is a reason that bowlers don't try to bowl yorker after yorker. If you stray a bit in line, it can be clipped for four down to fine leg. If you stray in length, a low full toss can be stroked by even an amateur to the boundary with least of effort (the problem is when you try to hit a low full toss for six). This is the same for a very overpitched delivery - which is a ball that is too deadly in pretty much all cricket games. Unless you are swinging the ball big at pace, a very full ball is pretty much always gonna come off the middle of the bat.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
still playing IC10 and having patched it to the hilt, I have many many suggestions for gameplay improvements. The obvious ones whilst typing this at work are as follows:

• bowler cursor when batting - When batting the bowler cursor should only appear for last x amount of seconds before playing the ball. Less skilled the batsman, the less time the cursor appears for. Playing with no cursor when batting is good in theory, but impossible and not enjoyable in practise. Plaiyng with cursor always on is too easy and unrealistic and you know straight away where ball is pitching

• Better default fields. Default fields since BLC 99 have been poor to be honest. Let community contribute to final release

• Right arm spinner bowl around the wickets to left hand batsmans and vice versa for left arm spinner and right hand batsman

• AI leg spinner actually bowling at the wickets and spin the ball!

• Need more playing and missing when batting or bowling, especially if conditions condusive for fast bowling or for spinners. Make missing the ball more likely when ball is missing the stumps (to avoid too many easy wickets) but get it in the game, especially when playing defensive shots

• Need bat pad dismissals for spinners (not in IC10)

• Need leg byes in game - program it so that when ball is missed by batsman when ball is bowled leg side, ball deflects off batsman at different angles - so sometimes ball rockets to fence off fast bowler or at least gives chance of batsman getting a leg bye

• Need occasional byes in game - especially off spinners who are turnign the ball a lot

This is just a sample - would love to contribute more if possible

Ankit Sharda

School Cricketer
In ICC 2010 , problem which should be fixed are:

1.In ICC2010 wen u play t20match or a test match or a one day there is always a bowler selected that is not a regular bowler in a real life matches. for eg if v play with sri lanka the 3rd or 4th change comes a medium pacer (mahela jayawardene) which not bowls in real life and with other teams also same thing happens its simply annoying.
2.There is no hawkeye on demand if we want to see(either for batsman/bowler).
3.Everytime bowlers used in t20,odi will be used 5 by the A.I. and they will complete there respective quota irrespective of how much run they give.
4. Fielding pattern is same wid all the teams in every format.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Improvements well there are lots to say but to be honest
most of the other pc members have already said them.
So i will try to think of a couple improvements other people have not
Its not going to be easy.

1. How about a history of cricket mode, from black and white to the new
t20 games of now.

2. Lots of tweaks to the things trickstar got almost right, like batting,bowling
and please the sound of ball on bat.

3. How about a little talking on the field, like the bowler saying things like so
close to being out. fielders saying little things to the batsmen :spy

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Clearly the most important things are the licences and the graphics. I want photo realistic player profile pictures ranging from Amla to Zuiderent. I want to play at Lords and be banned from eating my own food or drinking my own drinks. I want to know that Tendulkars bat is accurate and up to date. Once that's all in place, they should release the boring gameplay elements as DLC.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Improvements well there are lots to say but to be honest
most of the other pc members have already said them.
So i will try to think of a couple improvements other people have not
Its not going to be easy.

1. How about a history of cricket mode, from black and white to the new
t20 games of now.

2. Lots of tweaks to the things trickstar got almost right, like batting,bowling
and please the sound of ball on bat.

3. How about a little talking on the field, like the bowler saying things like so
close to being out. fielders saying little things to the batsmen :spy

I think this belongs in the wish list thread. PD, on the other hand, belongs in the facetiousness thread.

Aggz

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
I think there should be more game modes this time unlike C09, including the world cup will be good. Better gameplay, varieties of cricketing shots and would prefer different bowling action with some different types of deliveries. It will be awesome then. I completely agree with kits and rosters, as they have to get copyright of respective boards. Hope it will live up to our expectations.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
As an interesting point the main thing we couldn't edit in IC10 was the licensed teams. Would almost rather have it all unlicensed...

Such a catch 22, uniforms seem to change almost every other year with some teams, as do players. So you could be right on the money. I too, would much prefer, they spend the energy making a really kick-ass cricket simulator engine than feeding the egos of players who put a high price on their names for a cricket game... I'm getting this for the PC either way so I can mod the hell out of it, so the licensing thing, for me, is only really for an expanded domestic or T20 league (Hello, Big Bash?) options within the game engine, that I can then mod.

Someone else mentioned the fielding issues in C09/10 but again, worth mentioning. The default settings were HORRIBLE and the AI wasn't dynamic enough. "Everyone to the boundary" after a few overs seemed to be the only setting. A more dynamic AI in regards to fields and where they place players needs to be fixed and engaging this very forum and the modders is the best way to get it done...

...also, Slip fielding and Wicket Keeping needs a drastic overhaul. Again, should be dynamic. If a batsman is charging every ball off a certain-pace of bowler, then the keeper AI should move him up the stumps. Bowler AI should automatically switch bowling sides. Same goes for a team struggling, stick some players in-close under a helmet, that sort of thing. Basically, better fielding and tactical AI.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Clearly the most important things are the licences and the graphics. I want photo realistic player profile pictures ranging from Amla to Zuiderent. I want to play at Lords and be banned from eating my own food or drinking my own drinks. I want to know that Tendulkars bat is accurate and up to date. Once that's all in place, they should release the boring gameplay elements as DLC.

No. I don't think that'd be a good idea at all.

P

pcfan123

Who would win in a fight? graphics or gameplay?

P

pcfan123

Who would win in a fight Chief or barmyarmy?

Seriously fix the online. Wins and losses at the least need to be recorded

Users who are viewing this thread