RACING The new F1 game from Codies

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Here's a video from the official site. This game looks really good!

Formula 1 2010 Game - The Official Game Site

The great news is, according to the vid, they're designing the handling for a completely different market to GriD/DiRT - that means sim heads. And it's definitely coming out on PC as well - the PC DVD logo is on the site. :)

Here's an encouraging quote from the site:
In the first of a series of developer diaries, Senior Producer Paul Jeal and Chief Game Designer Stephen Hood are joined by FORMULA ONE driver Anthony Davidson, Technical Consultant on F1 2010. Focussing on the determination of the team at Codemasters Studios Birmingham to deliver the most authentic FORMULA ONE game yet, the video demonstrates key features including pit stops, vehicle handling and the most advanced dynamic weather system to ever feature in a racing game. The developer diary also shows how Anthony Davidson, BRAWN GP’s 2009 test and reserve driver, has become embedded in the team to ensure F1 2010 gives gamers the ultimate FORMULA ONE racing experience.

Last edited:

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Video looks immense, those graphics are mind blowing, especially when we are used to low scale F1 gaming graphics from the likes of Grand Prix and F1CE. Definitely getting it.

P

pcfan123

Will be getting it on ps3 for sure. I enjoyed F1CE so this can only get better :)

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
When is it out!?

I'd heard somewhere it's out September, so typical borked Codies' marketing strategy releasing it when the season's almost over. :sarcasm However, I'd rather wait than have a substandard product. I believe the long wait for a proper F1 sim, like the Geoff Crammond days, is finally over!

themuel1

International Coach
I'd heard somewhere it's out September, so typical borked Codies' marketing strategy releasing it when the season's almost over. :sarcasm However, I'd rather wait than have a substandard product. I believe the long wait for a proper F1 sim, like the Geoff Crammond days, is finally over!

Awww that's ages!!! lol

I'm hopeful that with Anothony Davidson as a consultant it will be a realistic game. I'm think Ps3 and a new high def Plasma.

Sureshot

Executive member
Video looks immense, those graphics are mind blowing, especially when we are used to low scale F1 gaming graphics from the likes of Grand Prix and F1CE. Definitely getting it.

F1CE had/has pretty decent graphics.

I shall be getting this, it'll be competing with GT5 on my PS3 play-time though!

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Awww that's ages!!! lol

I'm hopeful that with Anothony Davidson as a consultant it will be a realistic game. I'm think Ps3 and a new high def Plasma.

I am sure it will be - why have an F1 driver on the dev. team otherwise? :banana2

Sureshot

Executive member
Yes, but not compared to the looks of this.

4 years gap in development time pretty much guarantees improvements like that, especially as F1CE wasn't much other than making F1'06 PS3 compatible.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
4 years gap in development time pretty much guarantees improvements like that, especially as F1CE wasn't much other than making F1'06 PS3 compatible.

Well that's my point. I'm saying it's good to see an F1 game with the modern level of graphics we have come to expect. F1 really brings out all the technically details in the cars and track which will really show off the graphic level. I'm especially looking forward to the complicated weather system. I bet it looks immense when driving in the wet.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Wow, this game looks awesome, I'll definately be getting it on PC and hopefully it is what I expect after watching the video.

Users who are viewing this thread