RACING The new F1 game from Codies

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have downloaded loads, but haven't tried many of them out yet, apart from the one to brighten up sunny days - it makes the game look better. When I have tried more of them, I'll let you know. :)

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I had decided to get myself a Driving Force GT for the game, as I've never played a racer as much as I've played this, so it's well worth it now. I had an issue with my card though, so I was unable to order the wheel from play.com, now it appears to have disappeared. Same at Amazon as well. All branches of Argos are out of stock and GAME are out of stock as well. Sounds like there's a chance it's not going to be very easy to find from now on, although unless there's a successor at a similar price, surely they wouldn't discontinue it entirely? Maybe it'll become available again in the New Year. PC World didn't stock it - when I tried to buy, it said the item was unavailable.

Are there any other PC compatible wheels out there of a similar price and quality (brand new and from a proper retail company, so no Ebay please)? And if anyone living in London has suggestions of retailers that might have it, please post them here.

Many thanks. :)

Ah - now I'm seeing messages like this:

Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

Sounds to me as if it's about to be discontinued. Damn it! I don't want to have to spend more than double this item's cost to get a decent wheel!

Is there any chance the next model up (G25?) could experience a bit of a price drop to 'fill the gap' left by the Driving Force GT - as a midrange steering wheel?

Sureshot

Executive member
No, the G25 is in a similar position to the DFGT, almost impossible to buy.

Have a look at the Thrustmaster series, I don't know what they are like though.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
No, the G25 is in a similar position to the DFGT, almost impossible to buy.

Have a look at the Thrustmaster series, I don't know what they are like though.

Yep, am researching that now. I've found this one at play.com for ?79.99:

Thrustmaster Ferrari F430 USB Force Feedback Racing Wheel. If anything, the pedals look better to me than the Driving Force GT's - the pedals are supposed to be the Achilles heel of the GT.

Whatever I get, it will be one that clamps to the desk (I can't see how it can be stable sitting on your lap) - but it's got to unclamp easily for when I'm not using it.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Look - it's even got that switch that Jeremy Clarkson mentioned when reviewing the actual car:

thrustmaster-ferrari-f430-wheel-05.jpg

'C.S.T' - Commit Suicide... Training...' :lol :lol

Sureshot

Executive member
You can't sit any wheel on your lap, just will never work. I'd check the compatibility of the wheel with various games, etc, but TM seem to have a decent rep.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
You can't sit any wheel on your lap, just will never work. I'd check the compatibility of the wheel with various games, etc, but TM seem to have a decent rep.

Agreed, but there are some that are actually designed for sitting on your lap, aren't there? Waste of money. Regarding compatibility, it's on the official list for F1 2010 - so that'll do me. :)

Users who are viewing this thread