Codemasters shifts focus in favour of Racing

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Its actually been a while since we had a decent game. I was not too pleased with AC09 and IC2010. Even the official 2011 World Cup game was sad.

Maybe, we a tPC can try and come out a game for enthusiasts. Won't be bad seeing as we have a lot of talent going around here.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Cricket heroes by Kurtz is the only thing made by an enthusiast that's close to being a full game.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
It seems like ages since the last decent cricket game on PC - and it was only 2009!

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Depends on how you define "decent"... ;)

Well, after the patch(s) it was the best cricket game I've ever played. The only problem with it was the dire lack of content! Once the Ashes were over, you're sure to get bored of it.

savvart

Associate Cricketer
I've heard that Big Ant is still working on their cricket game. It hasn't gone away or been forgotten - woo hoo... :yes

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Well if they like to keep their intended customers in dark with regards to progress of their supposed game, they they will go the same path as did other developers and shelve out a half baked experience.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
it's pretty disappointing that EA aren't working on one seeing as all their other sports games are to such a high standard, i'm not saying if they made a cricket game it would be the same level of detail but it'd probably be better than anything we've had before.

spooony

Club Captain
The problem is most games are made on money that is borrowed. So you have to look at the returns you will make. So a lot of gaming companies will port it for the pc about 5 months later than its release. A port require higher specs PC's and that is where the research comes in which countries the games will be sold the most in. I can surely think India is on the top of such a list but what PC do the avg person in India own? That is a P4 last time I checked.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
To be fair, their last two F1 games did actually resemble their cricket games somewhat. By which I mean they were also ridled with bugs and really obvious to spot basic mistakes.

Haven't heard much about the new one other than some promising reviews again. Can only hope things like rain actually work properly this time :p

Users who are viewing this thread