Draft: The No Ducks Draft

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
I'm going to go with Abdullah Shafique, he may have only played 4 test matches but he's a star for the future for sure.

@Ed Smith

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
damn you, i was going to take him for my next pick....

I have the next pick so I'll go with :wkb: :zim: Dave Houghton

@Aislabie in the index you said that I picked Billy Barnes, but I picked Billy Bates

@ddrap14 you have the next pick

my team so far:

:eng: :ar: Billy Bates
:pak: :bat: Abdullah Shafique
:wkb: :zim: Dave Houghton

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I’ll take Shreyas Iyer

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Brad Hodge is my next selection. Should have played far more than six Tests.

@Neptune

Neptune

Panel of Selectors
Avengers
I'll pick Herbie Collins, who has a great overall record. Gives me a captaincy option too
@Aislabie you have a double pick

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
1647861203843.png

:eng: :bat: Raman Subba Row

Tests
- 984 runs @ 46.85 (3 centuries, best 137) in 13 matches
First-class - 14,182 runs @ 41.46 (30 centuries, best 300) in 260 matches

A fantastic player to complete my top three, Raman Subba Row started his career at Cambridge University and Surrey before moving to Northamptonshire and becoming a club legend, rated by Jim Laker as one of the most difficult left-handers he ever bowled to. He would retire from the game aged only 29 to focus on his business, for he played in the era when cricketers were more or less paid in exposure rather than with real money. He would later return to cricket as an administrator and match referee, and I was quite surprised to learn that he is still alive and apparently well at the ripe old age of 90.

1647861690574.png

:eng: :ar: Bernard Bosanquet

Tests
- 147 runs @ 13.36 (best 27) and 25 wickets @ 24.16 (2 5WI, best 8/107) in 7 matches
First-class - 11696 runs @ 33.41 (21 centuries, best 214) and 629 wickets @ 23.80 (45 5WI, best 9/31) in 235 matches

"Bosie" definitely underachieved as a batter at Test level, although he was only tried in two Ashes series. But that (despite being good enough for me to pencil him in at number seven) was not his chief claim to fame: Bosie, who had started off as a fast-medium seamer, was the inventor of the ball that became known as the googly - a skill he was happy to teach his fellow leg-spinners, including the famous South African battery of leg-spinners that would go on to terrorise on their first ever tour of England in 1907. He may also prove to be a captaincy candidate in my team, but I've not made a decision on that front yet.

1. :saf: :bat: Barry Richards
2. :eng: :bat: Raman Subba Row
3. :eng: :bat: Duleepsinhji
:eng: :ar: Bernard Bosanquet

@Neptune

Users who are viewing this thread