Story The Origin Of Test Cricket:IvoBligh's XI in Australia;1882-83;3rd Test;Two innings in one day!!!

biks76

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Guys, been very busy with visits to doctor with my wife. Everything is fine. BTW, does anyone has the Saved Game Tweak for Cricekt 2002/ The website www.cricekt2002.tk is not working.
Thanks in advance

Highlander999

ICC President
Well I had a wee search around for you. Cricket 2002 was a long time before I was around, and this was the only thread which sounded like it might have something vaguely to do with what you are requesting

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3032&highlight=Saved+Game+Tweak

I hope it is useful but you are probably best asking one of the older guys e.g. Colin, Suren etc Anyone good luck finding it :)

Great to here the baby is fine as well mate. All the best :D

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Same here.
Great to hear that everything is fine.
Hope to recive your update soon.
Cheers.

biks76

Club Cricketer
3rd Test, 26th, 27th, 29th, 30th January 1883 (timeless match) PLayed at Association Ground,Sydeny:

History:

After the controversy in the second Test at Melbourne, it was agreed to use two pitches at Sydney in the third match of the series, which stood at one-all now. After winning the toss, England made 247, and Australia replied with 218. In the latter innings, Alec Bannerman batted just over four hours to score 94. Figures of seven for 44 from Fred Spofforth saw England collapse to 123, before Dick Barlow's seven for 40 had the Australians collapsing themselves to 83 and losing by 69 runs. Bligh had won the three match series 2-1, and England's pride was restored...

Updates coming up soon....

biks76

Club Cricketer
The third match was scheduled to be played at Sydney. England lost the first one, drew the second are looking for a series win. Australia seemed to have lost a bit of steam After convincing win in the first test. Hon.Ivo Bligh is proving to be a good administrator and an able leader. The English team has been quite popular and people have thronged to the venues.They have played hard and partied harder!!

The overnight partying seemed to have taken a toll on the Englishmen as they stumbled to a below par score of 76 off just 26-odd overs. Barlow top scored with 47, scoring 63.51% of all the runs scored. Garrett was the wrecker-in-chief with 5/28 with Spofforth accounting for 4 wickets for just 47 runs.

Ivo Bligh is the first to go, mis hitting the ball to give a simple return catch to Garrett. Leslie tried to turn a ball towards the leg and the leading catch was snapped by an agile blackham. Studd and Steel are Garrett?s next victims, falling leg before and caught and bowled.The pitch seems to have variable bounce.

Any hopes of An English revival are extinguished when Garrett delivers the death blow by trapping Barlow for 47 with the score on 64.Bates is soon back in the pavilion,castled by a Garrett beauty. Read, who has hung around for 50 minutes is the seventh man out at 70.Studd And Barnes have no answers to Spofforth Yorkers.Tylecote foolishly runs himself out to close the innings at 76.

Bligh is caught by Garrett off his own bowling

Leslie is caught behind off Spofforth

Barlow is leg before to Garrett

Bates is castled by Garrett

Read can't keep a Spofforth yorker out.

Tylecote misjudges a run

Last edited:

gutterman

International Cricketer
welcome back mate. england already having problems, they'll need to fight hard to win this one

biks76

Club Cricketer
The Australians came out to bat and it was the same story. The pitch had been badly prepared. Score was just 14 when Barlow drew the first blood by having Massie caught behind. A mini revival ended with Murdoch running himself out for 16, with score on 75.Murdoch pushed Barlow to Mid-On and set for an impossible run. Studd, showing brilliant anticipation, darted in and threw the wickets down at the umpires end with Murdoch yards from the line. Horan was leg before for a duck but the killer blow was stuck by Bates when he castles Bannermann with a beauty. Bannermann on 48 attempted a sweep across the line and had his woodwork disturbed. 4 down for 85 became 5 for 119 with Mcdonnell is caught behind off Barlow. Mcdonnell wasn?t pleased but had to leave when the umpire said?Sir, That?s OUT!!!:. He did show his displeasure. Msdonnell had been playing well and was handling pace and spin alike with ease. His dismissal was followed by a moment of brilliance as leslie held on to a firmly stuck hit at point.Then Studd got into the act by having Blackham caught behind. Spofforth was the next one to go, unable to bring his bat down quickly and was legbefore. Tylecote then had a moment of brilliance, catching Garrett off Studd.When the last man Palmer joined Giffen, Giffen decided to hit out and get as many runs as possible on the board. He tried to hit over the Mid-Off but Leslie perfected his jump to perfection and pulled off a stunner.

Australian inning ends at 139 off 34.2 overs, giving them a lead of 63 runs. The way the pitch is behaving that could prove decisive. The only comfort for the Englishmen is that the pitch is beginning to ease out a bit and they are hoping that it hold firms that second time around. The English batters were about to come out for their second innings when the rain came down and no more play was possible.

This is G.H.West for Wisden signing off.

Last edited:

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
A warm/hearty welcome back to one of the legendary stories here :hpraise

biks76

Club Cricketer
Thanks a lot guys, it good to be back.

I am having some problems uploading the picture. On imageshack, I am using image size680*480 but I am getting small pictures on Planetcricket.Any idea what I am doing wrong?
Surendar, I just read about your accident.Hope you are doing well now.

Users who are viewing this thread