Story THE VIDEOCON CUP (India Vs Sri Lanka)

Bala

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
India finish strongly...

A masterful century from Virender Sehwag with good support at the end from Dravid and Venugopal Rao and lusty hitting by Pathan enabled India to reach 329 for the loss of 6 wickets at the end of 50 overs. This has been a truly remarkable performance from the Indian team whose shoddy batting cost the match at Nagpur.

Venugopal Rao was caught and bowled by Muralitharan for 28 of 41 balls with a four and a six. The score was 303/4. M.S.Dhoni walked in.

Sehwag struck two more fours to add to his previous 14 tried an ugly hoick off Muralitharan to find himself castled. Muralitharan picked up his 3rd wicket. Sehwag scored 112 runs from 131 balls. Indian score was 313/5. Irfan Pathan came in at 7.

sehwagdis3cx.jpg

Dhoni's dismal run with the bat continued as he holed out to deep extra cover for just 1 run off 6 balls. Muralitharan picked his 4th. India were 314/6. J.P.Yadav walked in.

dhoni1nk.jpg

Irfan Pathan hit a couple of lusty sixers in the last over off Dilhara Fernando to rifle India's score to 329 in 50 overs. He remained unbeaten on 13 off 7 balls. Yadav was not out on two.

irfan3xl.jpg

For Sri Lanak Muralitharan picked up 4/46 and Chandana picked 2/37. Fernando was expensive going for 91 runs in 9 overs while Maharoof was smacked for 71 runs of 9 overs.

Sri Lanka have been set with a stiff target of 330 at 6.60 per over.

Bala

International Coach
THE HALF TIME SHOW!

Ravi Shastri: Welcome to the studios for the Half time show! We are at Mohali for the second ODI between India and Sri Lanka. India have put upon a huge score of 329. Virender Sehwag was the star performer with 112. Lets take a look at the score card.

scorecard4qv.jpg

Lets take a look at how the wickets fell. We have Kris Srikkanth here,

First to go...Sachin Tendulkar
Kris, it was a poor decision by the umpire?

Kris Srikkanth: Yes Ravi! That was a hopeless decision. If I am not wrong, that is the third wrong decision given in two games. The ball was certainly going legside and we know Chandana is not a big turner of the ball

Ravi Shastri: Indeed! The standard of Umpiring has been shocking. Next Yuvraj Singh.... He is not having a good time at all!
Kris: Yuvraj has always struggled against the spinners that too against the leggies. That was a good ball by Chandana.

Ravi Shastri: Third wicket was Rahul Dravid...Lost patience and swept a doosra.

Kris:
That was well set up by Murali. Dravid was not timing the ball well, so he made him sweep against the turn on the wrong length.

Ravi: 4th wicket to fall was Rao. Pretty straight forward caught and bowled.

Kris: Next was Sehwag! He wanted to hit out in the last overs and played a ugly swipe and got bowled.

Ravi: Last wicket to fall was Dhoni. He too is nothaving a good game! Hit out and was caught!

We will take a short brake now and will be back in half an hour for the Sri Lanka chase. That will be exciting given Sanath Jayasuriya's recent form!

Bala

International Coach
OK! The next update will be on Monday when the Sri Lankans start their chase of 330. Thanks for all the support. And I would say I welcome more of that!

ashu2411

International Coach
grea century from Sehwag. This is a huge total for Sri Lanka to chase. India should win this one easilly now.

Bala

International Coach
Cricketman93 said:
Great thread. BTW, how do u get those frames in your pics buddy?
Thanks Cricketman and Ashu for the support!

Cricketman, I use Photoshop for the frames. Look into Sid's image editing tutorial for the use of photoshop.

Bala

International Coach
Selectors name unchanged side.
Is this the end of the road for Ganguly?

ganguly8xa.jpg

Is it Bye, Bye time?

The panel of selectors led by Kiran More announced an unchanged side for the next 3 matches of the Videocon Cup 2005.

More Said..

"The boys have played well in the series. Though they lost in the first match, they made a fight out of it. Today, they have come out and played some good cricket. 329 is a huge score."
Is this the end of road for Sourav?

"I just donrt know why this question pops up every time? This is not the end of road for anyone"
But all eyebrows are raised over the omission of the former captain who has blazed back into form with over 200 runs in the Duleep Trophy match against Zimbabwe Presidents XI.

Sourav Ganguly was quizzed over his omission..

"Well, I cant comment on the selectors decision. I have proved myself with the knocks against Zimbabwe and currently I feel that I am at my best. Hopefully, I should carry this form over to the next round of matches in Duleep Trophy and possibly figure in the team for the last two games and the series against South Africa"
Also VVS Laxman, Balaji and Zaheer Khan have been overlooked. Asish Nehra and Mohammad Kaif have not recovered from their injury.

The team for games 3 - 5

R.Dravid(C), M.S.Dhoni, V.Sehwag, S.Tendulkar, G.Gambhir, Y.Singh, H.Singh, A.Agarkar, I.Pathan, Y.V.Rao, S.Raina, M.Kartik, S.Sreesanth, R.P.Singh, J.P.Yadav.

Bala

International Coach
Looking back at the firs innings!

Two innings stand out - Virender Sehwag for his superb century and Sachin Tendulkar for his blazing 50. A look back at their stats!
open9kj.jpg

Bala

International Coach
Sri Lanka start their chase...

Sanath Jayasuriya and Marvan Atapattu head out to the middle to start the chase of 330 runs at 6.6 an over. Jayasuriya has returned to his blazing best with a scorching 45 of 25 balls in the first ODI. But the major question mark will be on the Sri Lankan skipper Atapattu, who has gone with out a 50 in the last 7 innings.

Its imperative that Sri Lanka needs a big start from their openers. India are down with a seamer and have an extra spinner. It will be a battle of wits and grit.

Irfan Pathan to open the bowling. He will bowl to Atapattu who will still have memories of his second ball dismissal from the first ODI at Nagpur.

Dravid has set a conventional field with a slip and a short extra cover. There is a sweeper cover for Atapattu and no third man.

innst9df.jpg

Bala

International Coach
Atapattu & Jayasuriya rake up 50 partnership..

If you are woefully out of form and are up against the wall chasing a huge score, what would you do? Blast off from ball 1? Thats exactly what Atapaatu did!

He creamed Irfan Pathan's first 3 deliveries for boundaries as Sri Lanka started their chase of 330 in style. Jayasuriya was not to be left behind as he too waded into Agarkar and Pathan, cutting and driving for boundaries at will.

Sri Lanka have reached 50 in the 6th over. They still have a long way to go but they have started just right!

atapattu11mi.jpg

jayasu19xp.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread