Your Cricket Thigh Pads

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I need to get one. I hate thigh pads. That's partly because I used some shitty stuff in the past. So show some good stuff... PLEASE!

Seoken

School Cricketer
Personally i've only ever used one once.... never again but i would say try the one i used it was blue and white and from memory it was a puma or slazenger not sure though.

blake

School Cricketer
Clearly you have never opened the batting against a decent quality team. A thigh pad is my best friend, it's saved me so many bruises since I started wearing it in Under 11s.

-D-S-B-

International Coach
You definately need a thigh pad mate. Just don't be one of those muppets who wears it on the outside of his trousers!

These Aero ones are the best going around, by far. Inner thigh and all. Believe me, if you face quick bowlers you'll love them.
Aero P1 Stripper Pants

blake

School Cricketer
You definately need a thigh pad mate. Just don't be one of those muppets who wears it on the outside of his trousers!

Whs, you can always tell if somebody can't bat if they are wearing it on the outside of the trousers.. it looks ridiculous.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
I always wear a thigh pad, but as I said, I need a comfortable one.

And wear it outside? You are not allowed to do that. At least in decent leagues.

McLOVIN added 0 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

These Aero ones are the best going around, by far. Inner thigh and all. Believe me, if you face quick bowlers you'll love them.
Aero P1 Stripper Pants

dude! those are NIIICEE! But no, I need just the thighs.

-D-S-B-

International Coach
I always wear a thigh pad, but as I said, I need a comfortable one.

And wear it outside? You are not allowed to do that. At least in decent leagues.
It's not an official rule over here, although it should be because you get the odd Chris Martin type fella walking out making a fool of himself. Doesn't happen often but makes for some good sledging when it does :laugh

About the Aero ones, it will probably be hard to find them in the USA.

Manly

Thor
tweaking man the fearsome tweak up and take the bruises. Worst that happens is you get a 50 with a dead leg...

blake

School Cricketer
flinging man the fling up and take the bruises. Worst that happens is you get a 50 with a dead leg...

That's ridiculous logic, why don't you go out next time and bat wearing no pads at all? Oh, just man up and take the 'tweaking' bruises. If it hits you in the shin, just tweaking man up.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Don't wear a cup either. Just go in there. BE THE MAN that is hiding inside you, deep in your soul.

Worst thing can happen is you score a 100 and make no babies.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
There's a difference between a box, gloves and pads and things like thigh pads and arm guards. Never worn one in my life and never will do. Just hit the ball or take it, it's not like a ball hitting you on the thigh is going to cause serious injury.

Man up boys ;)

-D-S-B-

International Coach
I think it's just one of those comfort things. I wear a thigh pad in games because I don't mind it and my thighs tend to be ball magnets. Although I never wear my arm guard. Even against guys that can crank it up to 130kph I've never worn it although it's sitting in my bag.

Watson33

Club Cricketer
I personally like to wear a thigh guard as it fudging kills if you get hit in the thigh by a ball. For the sake of avoiding painstaking bruises, I always wear one.

Users who are viewing this thread