HEA801.jpg
CLG703.jpg
( Gray-Nicolls Shirt)
(Albion Elite T122 Pro Helmet)

CLG716.jpg
CLG902.jpg
( Cricket Pants)
(Gray Nicolls Sweater)

Thats about it i think, dont think i missed out anything.

The Box looks a bit small?JKS

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Anyone ever bought a bat from eBay?

My mate did and it was pretty good (some random Indian brand can't remember). But I'm a bit (dont know the word for it, but yeah, I'm worried about the thought of buying a bat online)...

I'm looking for an MRF (not the new gay ones with orange sides, more towards the old Steve Waugh, Brian Lara models) or a good Kookaburra.

Any recommendation? Whats the lightest bat on the market? And are GMs good?

Last edited:

OffCutters

International Coach
I wouldnt risk buying a bat off eBay mate, most people say that its English Willow, when its a crap Kashmir bat. I heard the GM Icon is pretty good, Bat of the year i think. If you wanna Kookaburra, i recommend a Beast or Kahuna. MRFs are pretty good, used a mates one for a game, not a bad middle, cant remember what make it was though.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Yeah, I'm skeptical (THATS THE WORD, fearsome tweak YEAH! IM SO SMART!).

I just looked into it because they're cheap.

GM Icon is what I'll go methinks.

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
My mate got this brand new CA bat imported from India via Ebay. He was raving on and on about it having a good middle. Come this Saturday, his bat shattered into two.

I wouldn't trust them tbh, even for the cheaper price. You still have to pay for the P&H plus you might even have to pay for fumigation if it goes that far. Same thing goes with tennis racquets and Yu-Gi-Oh cards ;)

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Yeah, eBay because its cheap. I'm an apprentice, so I'm poor.

Hooper added 1 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

My mate got this brand new CA bat imported from India via Ebay. He was raving on and on about it having a good middle. Come this Saturday, his bat shattered into two.

I wouldn't trust them tbh, even for the cheaper price. You still have to pay for the P&H plus you might even have to pay for fumigation if it goes that far. Same thing goes with tennis racquets and Yu-Gi-Oh cards ;)
Haha, Yu-Gi-Oh cards, I should probably sell my collection. :spy

Yeah, CA! That was the brand, straight from India. It got a chip in it after hitting an edge but other then that it went alright (I think, I haven't seen it in about a year, must of split or something:p).

Hooper

ICC Board Member
I've decided on Slazenger, probably like the old Collingwood/Bell styles or the Michael Clarke one for 349 bucks.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Don't buy from Ebay unless you're 100% sure it's a genuine model. Most of the bats on Ebay are cheap Indian bats with stickers put on them. Hence the low prices. I'd go to a proper store and try out a bat you like before ordering one. It's what I did with my last bat, the GM Icon and it's been awesome. Cost me ?160 but it's been well worth it, awesome bat.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Don't buy from Ebay unless you're 100% sure it's a genuine model. Most of the bats on Ebay are cheap Indian bats with stickers put on them. Hence the low prices. I'd go to a proper store and try out a bat you like before ordering one. It's what I did with my last bat, the GM Icon and it's been awesome. Cost me ?160 but it's been well worth it, awesome bat.
Well its either Slazenger or a GM Icon. Is the GM Icon of yours pretty light?

I'll probably just go to "The Cricket Shop" and get a full price one, stuff it, you only live once.

Users who are viewing this thread