Your Cricket Your 2009 Kit

shubhrayu

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well mate those are real good pads by SG..The problem is with such a lot of cricket a pad which you bought an year ago looks like cushions

shubhrayu

International Coach
I remember the exact date I bought it 26th December 2007...Aah don't create an issue here please btw Sanjay I used Kookaburra before but I had to switch to the SG Sunny Tonny because for Indian batsmen here gotta use SG it's really effective

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Woah, Different bats for different conditions. We really are the professional :cool::D

shubhrayu

International Coach
Woah, Different bats for different conditions. We really are the professional :cool::D

Well still with an SG it's way better playing on Indian wickets depends on your game too.If you're a Sehwag kind of guy buy a Larson's RNS,if you're a good timer buy BAS Vampire,if you've got a game 58 runs in 67 balls SG's perfect for you...that's what I've been taught

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Dude, It's the player that makes the bat, not the bat that makes the player.

shubhrayu

International Coach
Every batsman has his own style of playing...Well that's how our coaches select our bats....but the most wierd that I've observed here in India that tailenders here just use one brand and that's Larson's RNS....

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Dude, I'm sorry but the kind of bat you have really has no impact on your match performance, maybe 10 runs at max if it has a better middle.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Finished my spending spree for my new kit this year. Will post a pic when I'm back in the UK, but I'm in Swiss with mi mam at the moment but when I get back to my home in the Uk and all my kit arrives I will be able to post my shizzle. Its fit!

Includes;
Slazenger Pure Blade Ultimate Cricket Bat - Free :p..Last season I bought a middle range Pure Blade but it snapped not even half way through the season! So they gave me a free top of the range one instead :p
Gunn & Moore 808 5 Star Pads - My last pair of pads were given to me free by a mate and served me for a good number of season! But I decided its time for some new ones and have always adored the GM style of pads.
Adidas County Level Batting Gloves - Same with the pads although I bought my old gloves new about 5 seasons ago(a lot like the pads) now they are just old and tatty so it was time for a new pair.
Masuri Helmet - Didn't go for the top of the range one cos its nearly a 100 quid! Needed a new helmet, Had an Albion for about two seasons, it broke fairly quickly and I could take the inside out of the shell, really wasn't great and a bit unsafe.
Aero Protection Shorts P2 - Have had these for a fair few seaons as well. I do like them and they have sved me a few shiners on the thighs, Have taken a few hits to the thigh in the nets and against the bowling machine so have been saved a bit.

Will try and get a pick up when it all arrives but I am very happy with what I have, all of them are quite stylish gear.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
I do like the Adidas Gloves actually, especially the Pro ones. I fancy the new G&M pads as well, but I've still got a brand new pair of Woodworm's in my wardrobe that haven't been used yet :p. These beauties, used by Ravi Bopara, sexy as. I'm always ridiculously tempted by new kit, and always end up buying something I don't really need mid-season as I get bored of my kit :p. Could do with a new helmet as well.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
The problem with me and helmets is I dont like the look of a lot of the new ones. My fav ones are C&D Albion, Masuri and the Slazenger helmet. I certainly dont like the look of the the Gunn & Moore helmets nor the Puma ones!

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Yeh, I'm pretty picky with the shape of helmets, don't like the Puma or Gray Nicolls ones at all. Will be tempted by a Masuri when I get round to buying one I reckon, I do like the Slaz one as well, the one used by Matty Prior, they look very nice.

Users who are viewing this thread